Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #1

Picked up a rough 2006 Roketa RJM-200e

We have a Roketa dealer in town so I took a chance grabbing this bike for $200 off craigslist. It has 600 miles but is in poor non-running condition. I've been out of the bike game for 7 years now and wanted to start back with a cheap project. I have been searching for several days now for info on this bike with not too much luck. I think I have identified the motor as the GY2 OHC My replacement/work list is as follows

headlight assembly/shroud and light
chain is super rusty
clean carb
no keys for tank or ignition
no battery or battery box
one bent spoke on front wheel
flat front tire
melted sparking relay
melted cdi

I plan on riding this bike on 300 mile plus trips to the Texas Hill Country and would like to put it back to reliable condition. I found these parts on Roketa's site but would like to know if there are better replacments I should buy instead of the ones through Roketa. I would also like info on the best sproket/chain upgrade to make. Any info on oil changes and recomended oil. Which Japanese bike is similar so as I might find an upgraded exhaust/intake/jet for this bike. Is there a better plug/wire/coil to run? Is this bike sold under a different name as well? I'm 240lbs so I am trying to squeez out all the hp I can. Thanks for all the future help and I will post up pics soon. I look forward to being a member of this community.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #2

Ok here are the pics of my project.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #3

Great score!

That's an OHC 200. That's a bit of a rareity.

My original Dirt Rat used a 200cc OHC Lifan engine and it was excellent. A bit revier and maybe more powerful than the pushrod version.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #4

Thanks Doc. Even with new tires and all the parts listed I should be in the $400 range when completed. Looking forward to going on some epic trips.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #5

Honda did made 63.5 X 62.2 OHC in Brazil.
Search "Honda XLR 200R XR 200R modified by Jack.pdf" (thanks to that Filipino uploader) in Google for the shop manual.
If still can't find it, PM me & i will send it to ur e-mail address.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #6

Welcome!

What melted the CDI and flasher?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #7

I believe they were touching the exhaust. Ordered a bunch of parts yesterday so she should be on the road next week if I can find time. I put a new CDI and plug in it. I also changed the oil and put some fresh Rotella T6 in. I found a fried ground wire that needs to be replaced before it can fire up. I have some Shinko 244's coming in 3.0 front and 4.6 rear with some 4mm heavy duty tubes. I wish I could find a nice exhaust that will bolt on as its the worst piece on the bike rust wise.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #8

You can use the electrolytic de-rusting technique. All it takes is a battery charger, a plastic garbage can, some Arm & Hammer Washing Soda and water.

Third photo down: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...er=asc&start=0

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 AM   #9

Nice score! Thanks for posting the photographs.

You're making good progress; you will have that bike running in short order. The Roketa parts are fine.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #10

Got the new wiring harness, ignition/key, cdi, coil, headlight, battery, battery box, front tube, cleaned the tank, new gas line, oil change installed tonight and took her on the maiden voyage around the neighborhood.

Its spewing gas out the carb tube when idleing so I think the bowl might be sticking as it does it sometimes and other times not. Still need a gas tank cap, are they universal?

Old 06-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #11

Most of them are. I've always gone with the plastic ones on ebay. I bought a metal one off of ebay but it didn't seal tight enough so it leaked. If you send me your address, I can ship the metal one out to you. Its red but needs one of those valve stems. I had to steal that one for mine :P

Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #12

Great little project you've got there! Just the sort of thing I'm looking for over here in the uk!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #13

Congrats on the maiden voyage!

If a little fuel spews out only when it's idling, perhaps the float is a little high.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #14

Congratulations! You've done a lot of good work.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894