Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2022, 03:44 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervfelton View Post
Im not too sure i dont own a multimeter, i left it at autozone over night to charge, they said it was good and 100% charged. When i first put the battery back on, The starter engaged and the bike crunk up. After that one time it went back to the clicking and buzzing noise
Honestly if you're going to try to do any troubleshooting or repair on your own you should really pick one up. They aren't expensive but are invaluable for electrical troubleshooting. Also keeps you from buying and replacing parts that are perfectly fine...

Those smaller ATV's have pretty small low capacity batteries. If you had to crank it for more than a minute to get it started it's likely dead again. These engines should pretty much fire right up with only a few cranks, if it takes an extended period of cranking to get it running, something is wrong. As said above, you can also jump it with a car or jump pack.

You might want to check the choke operation as well. We had some problems with starting on my sons 110cc GIO and it turned out to be that the cable stay for the choke had come out of it's spot so the choke wasn't closing.

Tags
atv, chinese atv, coolster