Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2021, 08:48 PM   #1

RX4 as a rental?

So I’m just curious, would the RX4 make a good rental bike? My wife and I are considering opening a motorcycle rental business and I’m looking at buying a handful of RX4s to use as the starting point. The idea is to be the “value option” for motorcycle rentals. My wife thinks that people would rather spend more to rent a Harley or a BMW. My argument is that there is a market for people who would prefer to rent a capable machine at half the cost.

Putting it to you guys. Is there a market for low cost motorcycle rentals or would most people prefer to spend the extra money on a bigger, more “name brand” bike?

Old 05-01-2021, 10:08 AM   #2

Hi David. It will be much easier to rent a HD because it's a known quantity. The HD is also going to have a lower seat height and more comfortable seat. With that said, you can buy three RX4s for what one HD will cost. Parts for the RX4 will be less expensive (the bikes will be damaged!). At the end of rental season, when you go to sell the bikes, it will be easier to sell the HD although your net might be the same.

Old 05-01-2021, 10:59 AM   #3

I think if you had a variety of bikes satisfying each category, ie HD-type for cruiser, Goldwing for touring, Sportbike, etc, then the RX4 would be idea to fit the ADV category.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X