Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2021, 03:30 AM   #1

RX4 high miles?

Hello, I barely reached 800 on my RX4. How many have high miles on their RX4's? After my 500 mile break in I've been using my machine mainly on the highway, average speed 65mph, which is my main riding style. So, how many miles and how do you ride?

Old 03-02-2021, 08:00 PM   #2

My RX4 just ticked over 3500 miles and I ride cold; or at least, in the cold. Today's 60 mile ride was a sunny, sweltering, 36 Degrees F. But it was on two wheels, so it was all good.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:24 AM   #3

Awesome! I plan on putting many miles on it this year. I just added PUIG auxiliary lights on it. And dang that's cold! I shall be riding mine tomorrow for the first time in 4 months, dang virus and weather didn't allow me.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:30 PM   #4

Here in So Cal we can ride year round. I am almost 8,000 miles now.
Did the 1st valve adjustment at around 5,000, changed to NGK spark plug
and all is good. Still on the original chain and brakes. Running great.

Old 03-09-2021, 07:46 PM   #5

That's great to hear! I have good faith in this machine. I checked the valves at 500 miles when I did the first oil change. The valves didn't have a gap, but I've adjusted them to CSC's specs and all good. It's nice being able to ride year round! Which tires are you running?

Old 03-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #6

Stock tires for the first 7,000 miles. The original front is still good.
The rear wore out and was changed to a same size Shinko 705.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:59 AM   #7

Did either of you own an RX3 before?

How is the stock seat comfort on long distances?

Is there a lot of buzziness/vibration in your throttle hand?

Old 03-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #8

Not me sorry, but I can tell you my experience with my RX4. long distance highway has been positive. At 4500 RPM it vibrates, 4th gear hates this rpm in particular, but it's not bad going 65-70MPH all day. I average 67 MPG! I'd get a better seat. The stock seat is ok, but not great. But I barely have 800 miles, so time will tell how everything goes.

Old 03-11-2021, 04:26 PM   #9

Personal taste, but the seat is fine for me. I liked it on my RX3 (25,000 miles)
and I like it on my RX4. Freeways in So Cal are not busy due to the pandemic
so everybody is driving like crazy. If I don't go 85 I might get run over.
At 85 the bike is smooth and fine, but sucking gas. I am getting 47MPG.

Old 03-12-2021, 07:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
Did either of you own an RX3 before?

How is the stock seat comfort on long distances?

Is there a lot of buzziness/vibration in your throttle hand?
The OEM seats on the RX3 and RX4 are identical; they interchange without problems. As far as seat comfort is concerned, The stock seat foam is very soft and compresses easily, which puts you on the seat pan quickly. Whether that is comfortable to you depends entirely upon your rear end and personal preferences. I can tolerate the stock seat for 1-2 hours, after that I'm starting to shift around a lot in order to get a little relief. The Seat Concepts upgrade that CSC sells has much firmer foam and is better for covering long distances, IMO.

In regards to buzz in the throttle, on the RX4 there is little to none; the RX3 has some, but I don't death grip the handle bars so it doesn't bother me.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:57 AM   #11

13500 miles . just did a valve adjustment and other unnecessary stuff due to a power loss issue. Cel came on after the adjustment and it was was a air temp low voltage , then when i pulled the code it with my laptop and checked some readings and decided they weren't erroneous, i cleaned the MAP sensor with some maf cleaner and solved it.. i spent at least 12 hours messing including the valve adjustment, which I had never done for a fix that took like 2 min. Fortunately I was able to pull the code, or this may have cost me the hours + a shop visit and even more $$$ (my bikes under warranty though)
As a side note, the valve adjustment tutorial is missing vital information regarding which stroke and how to know when you are at the CORRECT TDC.. I wasted a lot of time due to that..

Old 09-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #12

Currently at a little over 11,600 miles on my 2020 RX4. Looking to put some more miles on it before winter hits.

Old 04-15-2022, 10:01 PM   #13

I can't help ya with high mileage figures as I actually just got mine mid winter !
I have a 2021 RX4 and try as I might I haven't been able to put very many miles on it due to 2 things ...1.) the weather/tempiture ( I refuse to freeze my ass off any more )
2.) the extreamily hard ride, a 30 minute ride simply beats me up....
...the TT250 has a much much softer ride than the RX4 does !...that is bazaar !
anyway I only have about 120 miles on both the new bikes..... too many "Honey Doo's"
on the list to get much riding done ! lol
I have a softer spring coming for the rear of the RX4 and I am hoping that will help !
because our roads up here are not real smoothe !
and as far as touturals go or should I say the lack there of ? their really poor now that I looked at them, and the manual at length sense I actually have the bike now and they are lacking in a big way.... find anything in the manual about the ABS system ... that's not happening... they don't tell you anything in the manual I am appalled that they even call it a manual it's an owners manual not a manual meant to be used when working on a bike ... I'm ever so glad I have previous experience on motorcycles or I would be in trouble with this thing because of the documentation ! they NEED to change that and quick !
Bob......

Tags
rx4