Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #1

Grin Waiting for my TT250

I am new to Chinese motorcycles. A friend and I were riding in the hills above Azusa a while back and saw some unusual looking motorcycles. When we got a chance for a closer look we saw that they were CSC badged and looked a lot like "small size" R1200GS's? WTF? We then learned that CSC was the name of the company bringing them into the USA.
We stopped into the California Scooter Co. later in the day and liked what we saw.
In fact I like what I saw so much that I left a $1000 deposit for the upcoming TT250 bike that CSC will be bringing in later this year. I am really excited about this bike. I have been looking for a light weight and inexpensive dual sport for some back country exploring, and I think this bike is perfect.
Now, I just have to WAIT!

Old 01-04-2016, 06:25 PM   #2

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

/

Old 01-04-2016, 07:14 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum, I also was up at CSC the first week in December and almost left a deposit on a TT 250 but currently have two RX3 Cyclones and running out of room with 4 motorcycles total. I may have to get rid of a car to make more room for it.

Old 01-04-2016, 11:20 PM   #4

Congrats on the new bike. The tt250 looks like a killer deal for a dual sport, especially in CA if you can save on shipping.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:00 AM   #5

Head Scratching tt250

Can you tell us a bit bout the tt250 u saw? 1. Why did u choose a tt250 over an rx3? 2. How experienced a rider r u? 3. Did u get a chance to sit/ take a short demo ride? 4. If so how big r u and can u describe your impressions? Thanks in advance, I am agonizing over the tt250 vs some of the other Chinese bikes out there.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 01-05-2016, 12:38 AM   #6

Welcome 1cylinder. Hooked you right by the dock, did they? <chuckle>

And to SeerAtlas, as far as agonizing, I simply point out CSC customer support.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger12XC View Post
Welcome to the forum, I also was up at CSC the first week in December and almost left a deposit on a TT 250 but currently have two RX3 Cyclones and running out of room with 4 motorcycles total. I may have to get rid of a car to make more room for it.

I know what you mean. I need to sell at least one of my motorcycles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-05-2016, 01:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I am new to Chinese motorcycles. A friend and I were riding in the hills above Azusa a while back and saw some unusual looking motorcycles. When we got a chance for a closer look we saw that they were CSC badged and looked a lot like "small size" R1200GS's? WTF? We then learned that CSC was the name of the company bringing them into the USA.
We stopped into the California Scooter Co. later in the day and liked what we saw.
In fact I like what I saw so much that I left a $1000 deposit for the upcoming TT250 bike that CSC will be bringing in later this year. I am really excited about this bike. I have been looking for a light weight and inexpensive dual sport for some back country exploring, and I think this bike is perfect.
Congratulations, and welcome to The Cult of The Zong. What color did you choose?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions after getting some saddle time.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #10

I'm in the same boat - been hanging out here to whittle the time away until my tt250 shows up. I went with white/orange, and already have some plans for it is it doesn't end up coming with a few things like hand guards, charging ports, and auxiliary LED lighting.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 01-05-2016, 02:02 PM   #11

Head Scratching tt250

agonizing for sev reasons. first price over alternatives. 2nd, weight- csc tt250 @309 lbs! found a bashan with similar equip, inverted forks, longer wheelbase, luggage rack and balanced engine for 400.00 less and available now. oh and that bike is around 265-270lbs. considerable diff in the gnarlies for an old guy....oh, also 21/18 wheels... all u guys who do mostly street , well 40lbs on a trailbike is a big deal, assuming you dont travel in a herd like the big bike guys..ever notice in their vids almost always 4 or 5 guys there, presumbably so they can pick some of those monsters up:} even my klr is too much to handle alone if it goes downhill in a fall as opposed to laying on the uphill side... then there are the hawks...n0w around 1300 delivered to your house! (gotta love winter I assume those owners having as much fun as my bro!
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 01-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
agonizing for sev reasons. first price over alternatives. 2nd, weight- csc tt250 @309 lbs! found a bashan with similar equip, inverted forks, longer wheelbase, luggage rack and balanced engine for 400.00 less and available now. oh and that bike is around 265-270lbs...
I wonder if the Bashan actually weighs that little. My Honda CRF250X has an aluminum frame, and it has a 269 pound curb weight. I'm betting the Bashan weighs almost the same as the Hawk and the CSC TT250.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 01-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #13

bashan..

u may b right spud. i called a guy who has sold over a hundred of em, has both the bashans and hawk, and should have the skinny right off the crates (and msos) for me soon as he gets back to his building. should b in a couple of hours.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I wonder if the Bashan actually weighs that little. My Honda CRF250X has an aluminum frame, and it has a 269 pound curb weight. I'm betting the Bashan weighs almost the same as the Hawk and the CSC TT250.
yeah probably a discrepancy between dry and curb weight - a lot of manufacturers are well known for fudging weight numbers

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 01-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #15

The Chinese are especially noted for fudging the curb weight figures.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220