Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2016, 03:57 AM   #16

In California the TT250 is the way to go for a street legal 250. Now that I have the 47 tooth rear sprocket, Ebay pipe, air box mod and 112 jet installed this thing is an incredible amount of bang for the buck. I am 210 pounds and the suspension is set up nearly perfect for me as well (for street riding).

My friends who see it and ride it can't believe the value it provides. And now that it can maintain 65 mph easily I can ride it on all major streets, through the canyons, and not worry about holding up traffic.

Bravo to CSC for putting this package together!

Old 11-21-2016, 10:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparrob View Post
In California the TT250 is the way to go for a street legal 250. Now that I have the 47 tooth rear sprocket, Ebay pipe, air box mod and 112 jet installed this thing is an incredible amount of bang for the buck. I am 210 pounds and the suspension is set up nearly perfect for me as well (for street riding).

My friends who see it and ride it can't believe the value it provides. And now that it can maintain 65 mph easily I can ride it on all major streets, through the canyons, and not worry about holding up traffic.

Bravo to CSC for putting this package together!
Nice! Yep....we here in CA have far less choices than other states so the TT250, even at the 2195, is a bargain for street use, especially compared to the Suzuki DR200 at 4195.

Nice mods! Did about the same to Mrs 2LZ and wow...it really woke it up.
My neighbor just received his new TT250 about 2 weeks ago and is breaking it in. After he rode ours, he ordered one on the year end sale. He wants me to mod it the way ours our done after break in. Noticeable difference.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 11-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
If the hawk is no problem to register in your state, then I'd go with the Hawk. I have a hawk and it is way better then it should be. I got in with a group purchase (4 bikes) and got it for $1,200. There are some guys who like the non counter balanced engine because of the simplicity.

ARH can chime in on the pros and cons of a counterbalanced engine.
Oh, you remembered my lack of enthusiasem for the counterbalanced engine. If you remember that, you probably remember why. And for those of you who think I'm against counterbalance engines, I'm not. What I'm against is chain drive oil pumps.