Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #1

Any suggestions on where to purchase

I am looking into buying 2 new Taotao 125s for my kids, 12 and 14. Any suggestions on models of where to purchase them from. I am going to have to get them online I believe since I don't have a local place here in Albuquerque.

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscioa View Post
I am looking into buying 2 new Taotao 125s for my kids, 12 and 14. Any suggestions on models of where to purchase them from. I am going to have to get them online I believe since I don't have a local place here in Albuquerque.

Thanks!
I have been browsing lately for one for my grandson who is 11. I think I am going with this one.
http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...G6XBoCOaXw_wcB

I hear good things about the zongshen motor. this one is 120cc vs the taotao having only 110 even though they list it as a 125. The coolster seems like another good option which lists as a true 125.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I have been browsing lately for one for my grandson who is 11. I think I am going with this one.
http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...G6XBoCOaXw_wcB

I hear good things about the zongshen motor. this one is 120cc vs the taotao having only 110 even though they list it as a 125. The coolster seems like another good option which lists as a true 125.
I was going to go with powersportsmax but they have an "F" BBB rating. https://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-...on-tx-90718038

TXPowersports has a "B" rating at least... https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bu...n-tx-235976231

Old 06-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #4

BTW...this was in the ATV section and I didn't realize it. sorry. I was looking at 125 dirt bikes.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #5

Quote:
I was going to go with powersportsmax but they have an "F" BBB rating. https://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-...on-tx-90718038

TXPowersports has a "B" rating at least... https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/bu...n-tx-235976231
That's funny. They ALL should have an F rating.....then float to a B rating, then back to an F.
It's all luck of the draw. Swampy had a great experience with PSM Some don't. Azhule had a horrendous time with TXP. Worst I've seen. Some have had good luck.

Roll the dice and open the checkbook. Unfortunately, it's kind of how it works.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-16-2017, 03:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's funny. They ALL should have an F rating.....then float to a B rating, then back to an F.
It's all luck of the draw. Swampy had a great experience with PSM Some don't. Azhule had a horrendous time with TXP. Worst I've seen. Some have had good luck.

Well that's good to hear I guess. Where did you buy from?

Old 06-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post

The other issue I had with Powersportsmax was this write up about them...
https://powersportsmax.pissedconsume...iews/RT-P.html

Old 06-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #8

Actually I bought my two quads from Superior Powersports and didn't have any issues (except for the normal waiting part) with them at all.

Your mileage may vary.

Old 06-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Actually I bought my two quads from Superior Powersports and didn't have any issues (except for the normal waiting part) with them at all.

Your mileage may vary.
So you say you had a good experience? When did you purchase? Recently? They too have a bad BBB rating. Hard to make a buy when places have bad reviews. Is it because people have a high standard thinking they are getting Honda quality?

Old 06-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Well that's good to hear I guess. Where did you buy from?
I bought from Superior. They did what they said they'd do and I got my paperwork before the Rhino arrived. Here in CA, they have to do the DMV work for you.
My only complaint was they wouldn't warranty a piece of plastic that was messed up in shipping. Ended up being no big deal.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-16-2017, 05:34 PM   #11

I did fine with superior powersports shipped here to me in NC. others have had much less luck with them. seems like it's hit or miss with all of them. the only one I recall hearing only positive input on is Killer Motorsports.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #12

Quote:
So you say you had a good experience? When did you purchase? Recently? They too have a bad BBB rating. Hard to make a buy when places have bad reviews. Is it because people have a high standard thinking they are getting Honda quality?
I got mine a little over a year ago and had a good experience.

Dang, time flies.................

Old 06-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
I did fine with superior powersports shipped here to me in NC. others have had much less luck with them. seems like it's hit or miss with all of them. the only one I recall hearing only positive input on is Killer Motorsports.
Thanks for the input. Killer looks to not have Taotao. I was sort of looking for one of them.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #14

Call Alan at Excalibur--they sell wholesale AND retail. Their site is out of date, but their main line nowadays is wholesale (only) TGB scooters. Whatever is available at Taotao, Alan can get, plus he always answers the phone for any issues/after sales support.

909-591-8800

This is their main site www.atv4usa.com (not a retail/order site); you have to call to see about pricing. Whatever is shown on the www.taotao.us site, Alan can get, so don't think that they only sell what is shown on the atv4usa site. He was even able to get a scooter for a member that is not shown on the taotao site (Cruiser 150)

This is what they are concentrating on, which is why they don't have a great main site, but wanted to add it in so you don't think they are flakes. Several people here were getting their Bashan enduros through Alan until the US distributor ran out of bikes! You can probably find some threads on Alan's service. http://www.atv4usa.com/tgb/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-30-2017, 12:17 AM   #15

So I bought a Taotao and a Coolster from txpowersports.com. I ordered them last Thursday and just received gem today. Everything looks good minus one broke tail light. Any idea on how I get the paperwork to get them registered?