Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I recently watched the video from Adam Waheed, the guy from Motorcyclist.com, who rode one along the coast in the Orange County area of So. California. He raved about it, and I even put a quote of his in my signature regarding the bike and how much fun he had at 'low' speeds. You are having a similar experience, but daily! I like the idea of them taking a EFI Lifan cruiser twin and putting it in a café racer; a formula that seems to work VERY well from a performance, aesthetic, and aural angle. I think my only 'complaint' is the front fender. Not sure what else they could have done there, but I think it looks awkward, but NOT something that would stop me from buying it. I think the only thing that would stop me from buying this bike is the recently released Lifan KPM200. Decisions, decisions...

Holy cow...talk about planets aligning. I just started reading the forum again and have been drawn to the Buccaneer as well. For those who don't know, culcune was responsible for pointing me toward the TMEC200 many years ago. I didn't own it for very long and wound up on a Suzuki Boulevard C50 (which I wound up falling out of love with and longed for my TMEC200). I sold the Suzuki and have wanted a cafe racer style bike for a year or so now. Decisions indeed!

Old 05-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #2

Nice to 'see' you around here, again! I actually still have the carcass of my old TMEC. I repo'd it from a guy who was supposed to pay me $100 for it, and was riding it into the ground. For months, no cash. Someone here wanted my wheels, so I sold them (I had the 17/17 street wheels/tires). I am still trying to give my bike to someone from Chinariders, but I think I am the only Yuma member. It is probably NOT worth it for someone to drive several hours to pick it up. Who knows...I might take it up as a project?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #3

Well that sucks. Something about the simplicity of these bikes keep pulling me in. I've wanted a Triumph Bonnie for years now but can't seem to find one worth buying. That is what prompted me to look at chinariders. Pleasantly surprised to see the cafe style being represented now. Been looking at the CSC SG250, SSR Buccaneer, and for a little more cash...the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. Not sure what to do now....I was also on board originally for the Brozz but I really like the cafe / traditional motorcycle look.

Old 05-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #4

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCat View Post
Pleasantly surprised to see the cafe style being represented now. Been looking at the CSC SG250, SSR Buccaneer, and for a little more cash...the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. Not sure what to do now....I was also on board originally for the Brozz but I really like the cafe / traditional motorcycle look.
If you like the more subtle look, the Lifan KPM200 should be added to your list as well. There is a video from the Dorito and the Luchacabre channel showing it topping out on one of the greater L.A. metropolitan area's freeways at an indicated 79 mph, but no GPS. One of our members here, Ceasar, who has the Small Engine Velocity channel on YouTube, has three Lifans including the KPMini 150, the KPR200 (same engine as the KPM200, but his is the sport bike with fairings) and the Lifan Lycan cruiser (the Buccaneer uses the Lycan's V-twin engine). In all his videos, he has shown a discrepancy of 5 mph between his 3 different Lifan bikes' speedos and GPS, so it would seem the KPM is capable of 74, or 75 mph. Plus, the KPM200 in the Dorito... channel is new, so not fully broken in, so it might have a bit more pull? The Lycan has been seen on Small Engine channel hitting 75 or so (GPS), and in one video cruising at around 70, so my guess is the Buccaneer's natural seating position allows one to get a few extra mph over the cruiser. I really like the Buccaneer's styling, and the idea of its V-twin, so it is difficult to decide which one to pursue. Then again, I am not dead-set on a café bike, and still contemplating the Lifan X-Pect 200 dual-sport!?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard