Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #1

shopapmc - Not sure what's going on

I am starting to have some misgivings about shopapmc. On April 10 I ordered and submitted payment for a Lifan KPM200.

Here's the timeline so far:
4/10 - Received shipping quote and estimated delivery window of 2 days + pickup day.
4/10 - Placed order, paid for order.
4/10 - Followed up with Don to make sure all information was correct.
4/13 - I selected the wrong color (no available) and Don corrected the order information after a brief email exchange.
4/15 - Money is withdrawn from my account.
4/16 - Order goes into processing
4/20 - Asked if an ETA is available, was told they need to check with payment preprocessor and I would have an email that night or the next AM with details.
4/21 - After no email, I followed up.

4/21 - Don says one batch of 3 payments (incl mine) has been held for verification, he suspects due to, ". They will not tell us at this time the name of the person but I believe they are making this call due to the customer has a unusual name. " and that they have not had this happen before (threads on this forum tell me otherwise). I am also told that they submitted more payments after which went through without a problem.
4/21 - I Consult with my brother (for whom the bike is a birthday/Christmas gift). He is OK with waiting. I let Don know that we can wait a bit.
4/22 - Dear Mr. [Redacted],
Thank You very much and I will stay followed up on it.
Now - No updates.

There is a rather concerning thread from back in 2018 with what sounds a bit similar. I think it took ~4 months for that user. I saw a more recent thread with a 6 day delay, but we are well past that point now.

I know Jerry has had good experiences, though they were some years back. SO, please share your experiences with shopapmc. I really want this all to work out (and have some riding season left after the bike arrives.)

Help me Chinariders Kenobi, you[r] [experience is] my [primary] hope.

Old 04-27-2020, 01:16 PM   #2

I hope this is a temporary glitch. That said, Don has been either stellar and awesome to work with or then there was the concerning thread you mentioned. History dictates his performance swings like a pendulum.
My uneducated guess would be that the supply chain has been sorely interrupted and he may be having a hard time getting bikes to ship. I may be wrong but I'm not sure if he has "stock", as opposed to just being a drop shipper.
Maybe someone has more info.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-27-2020, 08:50 PM   #3

I should be more proactive and steer people to a reputable dealer; I know the owner of Kronik Racing who I met when I moved back to California for approx. 18 months starting in January 2018. He recently picked up Lifan, displaying the KPMini 150 on his site. I still keep in touch with him and inquired if he will sell bikes from Lifan not on his site as I have been eyeballing the X-Pect 200, but have really been growing more fond of the KPM200. He said he would have no problem doing so, considering American Lifan is about an hour or so away from Kronik's shop in Simi Valley, CA. Not sure if he would be drop-shipping the bikes, or picking them up and shipping them out of Kronik, but again, with him visiting Boom's HQ somewhere down that way (near Lifan) quite often, as well as Icebear's HQ, if there was any issues with shipping a KPM, he could easily stop by and figure out what is wrong in person. I hope you can get a refund now, and I can see if Pete can get you a KPM.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-28-2020, 08:34 AM   #4

When i bought my storm last year from him my payment got delayed too. Is he still using amazon checkout?
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I should be more proactive and steer people to a reputable dealer; I know the owner of Kronik Racing who I met when I moved back to California for approx. 18 months starting in January 2018. He recently picked up Lifan, displaying the KPMini 150 on his site. I still keep in touch with him and inquired if he will sell bikes from Lifan not on his site as I have been eyeballing the X-Pect 200, but have really been growing more fond of the KPM200. He said he would have no problem doing so, considering American Lifan is about an hour or so away from Kronik's shop in Simi Valley, CA. Not sure if he would be drop-shipping the bikes, or picking them up and shipping them out of Kronik, but again, with him visiting Boom's HQ somewhere down that way (near Lifan) quite often, as well as Icebear's HQ, if there was any issues with shipping a KPM, he could easily stop by and figure out what is wrong in person. I hope you can get a refund now, and I can see if Pete can get you a KPM.

I am going to give it 24h more before calling it off. If it takes more than two weeks from date of debit to clear an investigation then I'm not buying it. From everything I have seen here and on FB, Pete's reputation is impeccable. I would be very interested in what his pricing looks like as I doubt I will be seeing a bill of laden in the next 24h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
When i bought my storm last year from him my payment got delayed too. Is he still using amazon checkout?

Negative. Currently using electronic checks. I took the risk based on some recommendations that kept popping up here, but my faith is wavering as time goes on.

Old 04-28-2020, 02:25 PM   #6

Call him to check on pricing. He sells his Vaders at a VERY competitive price, and recently added the Icebear CT70 clone at a very competitive price, so should give you a good price on the KPM200. Call him, but the only downside is he has been extremely busy the past few weeks, and is generally a one-man shop, so leave a message if he does not pick up. I can personally vouch for him, and have been to his shop, but like I said, he has been selling Vaders like crazy, as well as other bikes, and he personally delivers them all over the L.A. metropolitan area as well as Las Vegas, and he has been driving a lot in spite of the COVID shutdown.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-28-2020, 05:44 PM   #7

I don't know Don I have only spoken to him on the phone and communicated by email but I don't get the vibe from him that he has any dishonest intentions. I have been trying to get a deal done with him that has had some bumps along the way but I am not worried that he is trying to steal from me. I hope it works out for us all in the end because of all the vendors out there Don and Alan with Cajun Maddogs are the only ones that give me any peace of mind that carry the bikes that interest me. I would deal with Kronik based on Culcune's opinion but Alan is a little cheaper and closer to me.
Bottom line I guess is that I believe Don is a good man having some problems and if he proves me wrong he will answer for it not me.
Good Luck to us all !!!

Last edited by Ina Ditch; 04-29-2020 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 05-03-2020, 02:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina Ditch View Post
I don't know Don I have only spoken to him on the phone and communicated by email but I don't get the vibe from him that he has any dishonest intentions. I have been trying to get a deal done with him that has had some bumps along the way but I am not worried that he is trying to steal from me. I hope it works out for us all in the end because of all the vendors out there Don and Alan with Cajun Maddogs are the only ones that give me any peace of mind that carry the bikes that interest me. I would deal with Kronik based on Culcune's opinion but Alan is a little cheaper and closer to me.
Bottom line I guess is that I believe Don is a good man having some problems and if he proves me wrong he will answer for it not me.
Good Luck to us all !!!

Thanks Ina and everyone for sharing your thoughts. I'm trying to cover all my bases. I reached out to Pete just to see if he can get them and what the price would be just to see what's out there. Pete's answer and if/what I hear back from Don regarding the current situation will probably dictate which way I go.

I'd like to give Don my business, since his communication has been quite good. However, it gets difficult when you have seen money leave your account for a month on an in-stock item and there's nothing to show for it.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood83 View Post
Thanks Ina and everyone for sharing your thoughts. I'm trying to cover all my bases. I reached out to Pete just to see if he can get them and what the price would be just to see what's out there. Pete's answer and if/what I hear back from Don regarding the current situation will probably dictate which way I go.

I'd like to give Don my business, since his communication has been quite good. However, it gets difficult when you have seen money leave your account for a month on an in-stock item and there's nothing to show for it.
At one point I had given up and was going to buy a TW200 but after seeing 2000 dollar bikes I just couldn't make myself get off 5 grand for it.

I didn't realize the money had changed hands, that changes things somewhat. My problem has been getting a e-check cleared. I have had to cancel 2 orders and I really like the CRP and although Don isn't the only game in town he is the one I have the most faith in and he is several hundred dollars cheaper.
At this point I am waiting to hear back from Don and if the Recons come back in stock first I will be ordering from Jeff at Peace Sports even though green is not my first choice. I am wondering what effect this pandemic is going to have on Chinese imports between now and when the brown comes back in stock so for better or worse I am hitching a ride on the first thing smokin.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood83 View Post

I spoke to Pete the other week about your situation, and just to positively make sure he can get all the Lifan lineup even though he only shows the KPMini on his site. He said 'yes' and likes to keep his image as a 'mini' dealer since his roots were Chinese pitbikes several years back. He is trying to see if Lifan will send him a full-size bike to have in his showroom as, again, he is not known for full-size bikes, and does not want to buy one to have it sit and gather dust while he unloads container-loads of Vaders. I told him I do believe the KPM200 would be different just based on its style. He could probably explain the Don situation a bit better from a dealer's perspective--I hope I can explain what I believe Pete told me; he told me what might have happened and is going on, and it has to do with a need to buy a few bikes to get a large enough discount, and with only you ordering, he has to wait until one or more bikes are ordered by others. Your bike is in stock, but not at Don's warehouse. He may or may not (most likely WILL) lose money getting a bike to you at the price he advertises at this point, in other words. I am fairly certain he has NEVER ripped anyone off, but depending on the product, it was right around Christmas-time 201X (cannot remember the exact year) where I first heard a negative post from someone for taking weeks to get a product (maybe two Vaders which were supposed to be gifts for some guy to his fiancé, or something like that). To top it off, Vaders were notorious for having all kinds of quality-control issues, so the guy needed some warranty parts, as well. He was not a happy customer and it shocked me seeing how for a year or more straight, up to that point, EVERY member had nothing but great things to say about him. As a side note and speaking of Kronik Racing, Pete's input to Boom's headquarters and the fact that he goes there at least once or twice a week to pick up bikes and/or parts have made the Vader a pretty good deal for a $1200 motorcycle. But, if you explain to Pete your dilemma, he could probably explain it a little better why your check was cashed and why you don't have your bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 05-10-2020, 12:29 AM   #11

I have asked Don for a refund. He said he will ship it USPS tracked. I Imagine with what I know of Don that this part will go very smoothly compared to ordering the bike lol.

After riding my ZS190 hellcat, my younger brother wants a KP Mini now, possibly with BBK from a CRF150F. Would take it to 210cc (and includes a new cam). Supposedly smokes the ZS190 swap per facebook groups.

Old 05-10-2020, 05:06 AM   #12

Sorry it didn't work out so that you get the bike you ordered, I didn't either and really had my heart set on the CRP based on what I read here.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:43 AM   #13

I received a click-n-ship notification May 10th from shopapmc. So far, the status has remained at "label created." Just an update. I'll touch bases tomorrow via email.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #14

The mail sucks right now. I have multiple packages that have been in transit for over a month. Few went from "lable created" to "delivered" lol. Hopefully you get it in a timely fashion.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 05-17-2020, 05:40 PM   #15

I know early in March, Don was using Authorize.net payment center. He was having issues with them. He sent me several transcripts of his conversations. He was hoping they would be fazed out. Knew this covid crap was going to slow things down and I started prepping and ordered bike in 1st week of February before w2s were filled out. Even with a jump start it took about 5 weeks to receive my Storm. I get a lot of shit over it through friends and family because its not Japanese and from China. I tell `em, "everything is from China". Hopefully bikes (& parts) still keep coming..... cuz I sure don't have 8 to 10 grand to make someone else happy. that's my quote. hell for that matter nor 3500 to 4500 for a Chinese bike. keep it real fellas.