Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #751

What's the easiest way to convert the CSC 1.0A USB over to 2 A? There must be a simple solution.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #752

"2 - About a year ago CSC changed the axle for the centerstand to this new design. This helped solve an issue with the previous model. I can't remember what the issue was though. I believe it had something to do with the clip coming off or not fitting properly."

I guess it wasn't fitting properly, as putting the one clip on there was no way to get the second on. I just wish there was a note with the kit or a correction to the tutorial.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:03 AM   #753

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
What's the easiest way to convert the CSC 1.0A USB over to 2 A? There must be a simple solution.
Actually just this morning I tweaked and thought I can do this all better - NEW project and I think I will offer this kit but with a 2 or 3 amp option.
Stay tuned! I ordered the kit (I don't actually need a set to be fair but easier to work on for testing)

I need the parts to see if I can buy the correct plugs to build a plug n play replacement or first install kit etc.
Early bikes had no wiring I thought? or was that only China? No matter what you have I can make it easily to directly install or minimal fuss etc.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #754

Today i went looking closer at the RX3s - nice little volt meter oil pressure combo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RX3s volt meter.jpg (90.1 KB, 247 views)

Old 10-12-2018, 07:53 AM   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post
CSC makes this an option to self install, I guess to keep initial price down. It is a simple installation, just CSC's tutorial shows the green module, but it didn't come in my package. When I do the installation, I'll look under the seat and verify that it's already installed.
Today and tonight I was looking closer at the USb thing.
The new 2018 RX3 and RX3s I saw at the shop DO NOT have the green box and there seems to be a new version USB fitting which I almost certainly suspect is 12 volts in and 5 volts at the USB, I bought 1 as well as the Volt meter on the RX3s etc to look at a nicer option for the dash, I can also look at a plug n play type upgrade for the older versions that do have the green box - see how they all work etc.
Both the new RX3 and RX3s we couldn't see the green box - hence I thuink it doesn't need 1 anymore but rather it being direct 12v into it and 5v at the USB

Also fuel tank looked the same but I was told n confirmed it goes lower down in the frame with a different mount/bolted at the front, yet I looked real close at the RX3 and RX3s tank cover and both look to be the same and have the ablitiy to have the RX3s water bottle but it would seem intefers with the access to rad cap.
RX3s and RX4 seat 1 source says they are the same with low or high seat option, yet I saw an early RX4 with same tupe of 2 piece seat as RX3, we also tried the RX3s seat on an RX3 but the airbox and starter solenoid seems to get in the way for a direct fit (Cut and trim?)

Interesting what looks or is the same or possibliy compatible from RX3s to RX3 yet the frame is 100% not the same but some stuff I think crosses over or could with some work modernize the RX3 to apear more like the RX3s or RX4 in some ways.
RX4 had a totally different tank with different covers not like RX3 or RX3s.

I ordered the new version USB and the volt meter/oil light (Might need to see if I can mount oil pressure switch in the small filter cap? so fully functional? Would that have full oil pressure?

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 10-12-2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: I seem to ramble on!

Old 10-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #756

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Would that have full oil pressure?
Oil pressure sensor is installed in the right crankcase cover, there's an oil pasagge coming from the oil pump to the right end of the crankshaft. Full oil pressure there. The small oil screens are on the intake side of the oil pumps, at the bottom of both oil reservoirs (front and back), so no oil pressure there.
Some pics of my installation.
I used an automotive type oil pressure sensor, it's a universal fitment for many VW models, working pressure = 0.3bar. Straight 10mm thread (no NPT), but the area where it's installed seems to be flat and nice, almost like it was prepared beforehand to have the sensor there.
Also when working on this, it's a good time to check or better, replace, the oil seal (https://store.cscmotorcycles.com/OIL...-p/z13-121.htm) wich manages the oil sent to the inside of the crankshaft.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
Hi,

Oil pressure sensor is installed in the right crankcase cover, there's an oil pasagge coming from the oil pump to the right end of the crankshaft. Full oil pressure there. The small oil screens are on the intake side of the oil pumps, at the bottom of both oil reservoirs (front and back), so no oil pressure there.
Some pics of my installation.
I used an automotive type oil pressure sensor, it's a universal fitment for many VW models, working pressure = 0.3bar. Straight 10mm thread (no NPT), but the area where it's installed seems to be flat and nice, almost like it was prepared beforehand to have the sensor there.
Also when working on this, it's a good time to check or better, replace, the oil seal (https://store.cscmotorcycles.com/OIL...-p/z13-121.htm) wich manages the oil sent to the inside of the crankshaft.
Sweet then I should have the volt meter part n wiring done next week but I will leave the oil pressure switch till the time I do my gearbox as my third gear is jumping around into 2nd or 4th.

Will post a few pics and the result of the volt meter and the finding on the USB or alternative USB set up hopefully next week.

The USB upgrade/fitting if not on new bikes I can make several options and at a more decent price point compared to the current situation as well as make it with a 2amp charger port rather then 1 amp/old style.

Will post n list options and advertise in my own 'Parts for sale" thread.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:52 PM   #758

99% confirmed the new version USB has the electronics inside the unit - no green box needed etc.

Once I get my USB voltage amperage tester I will see if this is a 1 amp or 2 amp charger, so see what or how upgrading the older style is possible (I think I can build a box with wire to replace the green box and have 2 amps at the USB)

Options will be available etc

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #759

Single piece seats in for testing

Seats are different heights in the foam AND the rubber pads - lets see how much trimming or moving parts under the seat is needed and how much higher or lower the seat becomes compared to the stock 2 seats, assuming I don't wreck my bike and or seats lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seats.jpg (92.5 KB, 220 views)

Old 10-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #760

I'd be interested in a tall seat if your testing goes OK, let me know

Old 10-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post
I'd be interested in a tall seat if your testing goes OK, let me know
Spent a couple hours yesterday and made a mess of the seat so far, yes it could be possible but would need a lot of trimming of seat base and moving the starter solenoid as well as trimming off a chunk of the top/high part of the air box.
Then how much taller is it? would you then make a totally new foam part?

Kinda will come down to how much work and effort someone is willing to put in - doesn't just fit with a minor trim.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #762

USB actual AMP outputs

Ok I tested several ways and both old version (Green Box) and New Version ( 2 wire direct to 12v and circuit board inside the USB adapter) and from a dual car lighter USB charger.

STUNNING differences.
Pic 1:
My old version USB with green box - 0.49 amps barely enough to do bugger all.
Attachment 14455

Pic 2:
New version USB that's directly connected to 12v circuit board inside 1.01 Amp which isn't really enough for a modern smart phone.
Attachment 14456

Pic 3:
2.1 Amp output port from a car USB charger and got 1.92 Amps
Attachment 14457

Pic 4:
1.0 Amp USB port in same car USB charger got 1.0 Amps
Attachment 14458

My IPhone 6 (Shame on me for having Apple!) was just under 50% charged and tests where done within a short period of time - relevant enough and results are accurate enough (No rocket sience needed)

Once I get my other box and make it to plug into the old version green box I will test that, it is meant to be 2.10 Amps - Lets see

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #763

Playing with the 1 piece seats - nightmare but looksvti be possible
The low seat version is lower then stock maybe near 20mm I have yet to play more and look at cutting the top of the air box off.
Starter solenoid needs relocating and the wires across the top would be better to make an extended connection part to reroute them, fuss box needs to be unclipped and moved back.
The seat fits ok but doesn’t cover the gap as well as RX3 seat but the RX3s is the same but looks fine.
It needs new rubber stoppers too.
I think this mod isn’t for the faint hearted but might be what’s needed if your short n find the bike a bit high (local Chinese find it too tall often)
High seat I might just take a comparison from low seat and see where n how much higher or lower the seats end up from stock.
But if you add or trim the foam under it more you can certainly get a more custom seat height but with a lot of effort to be fair.

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 07-18-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:41 PM   #764

I'm a bit confused, were these meant/designed for the RX3 or are they for something else but look like they're close enough? I would think an easier to fit replacement would be easy enough to come up with if there's a big enough market.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:18 PM   #765

They are from an RX3s and kinda close but not.
The RX3 isn't a big market or it is very expensive and time consuming to reach and I do not have such capital or skills presently to do all that.

My reason for my 3rd RX3 was to use it to test and develop parts etc and test/try out the market for things, if things grow and 100 or more people want a seat I could look at mass producing such numbers etc, currently most things are either modified or made 1 by 1 or making sets or things easier available as not all the RX3 markets have the parts that I can locally buy.

I am just a dude living in china who likes riding and needs to work - so this is a great way for me to bring happiness to the market while bringing in some income etc.
If things explode and all RX3 sold markets want products I have made then I can surely make big quantities etc.
Brake discs they want 400 discs each time, seats and other custom stuff most likely similar numbers etc.
For now it is 1 by 1 and customer by customer in several continents seeing what stuff people lack or what is hard to come by or expensive and what gaps I can fill etc.

All fun n games etc and while I muck about I learn more and more.