Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #1

Angry Wont turn off

Well then... here's something and I don't really know how to fix on the "WILL 200" ... can anyone help me on why the motorcycle wont shut off after I turn the bike off and take the key out? I have to shut it off with the choke now ... I check all the pins and connectors, non are bent and touching other pins/connectors...

I took off everything electrical I added to the bike (Tach and Battery Tender connector) and put it back to "Stock" (including the spark plug/ignition coil) and it still does it so it's nothing I tried to "add" to the bike

Can someone help a brother out

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #2

Does the kill switch work properly ?sounds like the ignition switch ground might have a bad connection

Old 04-04-2016, 07:48 PM   #3

No Kill Switch on my bike that I have seen or read about in the "Owners Manual"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #4

s/w fault | broken wire...
[OFF] = the followings
AC-CDI (that wire often in honda color coding: b/w)

DC-CDI (cut +12v)

===
Edited to english version

Last edited by humanbeing; 04-04-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:58 PM   #5

Thanks HB , , but now I'm even more confused I'm not the best with wire diagrams let alone one in another language

I will look for a broken/faulty wire somewhere

Old 04-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #6

I find it very hard to Beleive there is no kill button on your left handelbar .

Old 04-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #7

Does it have remote start and alarm?

/

Old 04-04-2016, 09:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Does it have remote start and alarm?

/
Yes it did come with a "Keyfob" with Alarm and other buttons/functions, haven't touched the Keyfob and buttons at all tho

Gives me another place to look into tho, thanks Adjuster

Old 04-04-2016, 09:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I find it very hard to Beleive there is no kill button on your left handelbar .
Left handle has, Low/High Beam, Turn Signal, and Horn

Right handle has, "Running Lights" - Off, Running/Daylight Lights On, Headlight On, and Start.

No kill switch button in sight

Old 04-04-2016, 10:21 PM   #10

Yes if the bike has remote start and the bike is started by remote then you have to shut the bike off by remote. If the bike is started by key then you have to shut the bike off by key. If you criss cross the start methods something won't work right. Definitely look into this. And I agree as above you have to have an emergency stop button. If its a button that slides left and right to kill the engine it needs to be pushed in to reset the switch.

/

Old 04-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #11

Well... it's time to call it a night I think, looked over everything again, found the Ignition/Key Switch 'Bottom Cap' was removed/popped off but can't tell if it caused any damage, misplaced my tools to remove the hex-head bolts to see any further ... I also found 2 more wires that wasn't fully connected before... and found several burnt wires by the exhaust/muffler, only ones I can tell lead down to the Rear Brake Switch... don't have a clue as to the part number on it... but like I said... I have had enough for the night

Found out where my camera disappeared to... and I won't be seeing it again until early morning, the Mrs. took off with it to go see a concert so no pics of my 'misery' until tomorrow sometime

I will take a pic of the handlebars/switches along with everything else Jacked up too... and I still can't for the life of me find any 'emergency stop' switch/button on the handlebars or anywhere on the bike for that matter... just use the Full choke, pop the clutch in gear, and or pull a 5 cent fuse to shut it down... any guess what one I use

Old 04-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #12

Well I found my 5mm Hex Bit and removed the Ignition Switch, it's hard to tell in the pics but I found poor/cold/cracked soldering on the wires with a ton a "fuzz" of some kind... and my 'good luck' continues as I can no longer find my 'Good' Soldering tools, I can only find the cheap one I bought on clearance at Menards a few years back

Would the poor soldering be causing my issues? Or do you think it's coming from the "burnt/corroded" pin (towards the 'release/clip' you can see a little brown/burn mark of some kind) on the CDI ?

all for helping me out so far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4544.jpg (74.1 KB, 314 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4546.jpg (46.4 KB, 213 views)

Old 04-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #13

I don't think it has anything to do with your cdi connection unless that is the ground which should not be corroded anyway .

Old 04-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #14

Forgot to take and post up these, Left and Right handlebar/grips/buttons. As you can see the

Left has: Low and High Beam switch on top, turn signal below and horn at the bottom.

Right has: "Lights Off, Daylight On, Headlight On" is up on top, and the Start button is below (it also has the brake light switch but no other wires/connections/buttons)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4552.jpg (41.6 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4547.jpg (43.6 KB, 340 views)

Old 04-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #15

kill switch

Hello.... ok... on your CDI there is a ground ( kill ) wire.... look at pic .. this kill wire makes a ground contact to the cdi.... check you ignition switch,.... 2 wires are for starting your motor... and 2 wires are for shutting it off... so I think you have electric start .. right??? check and you will see..... 1 wire has battery power.. and 1 wire is ground... when you turn the key on... it lets the power go to the other iwre and powers up th e unit.... the other wire is a ground.... with the key off it lets the ground go thru to the CDI KILL WIRE.... this grounds the spark shutting off the motor... you only need a test light... to check.. I foret if you did say you had electric start ... but it seems like it..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GY6 CDI.jpg (5.0 KB, 197 views)