Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2018, 09:31 PM   #16

I have a 1986 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe intake manifold and a HX35 turbo that I would insider selling. It’s been sitting in my garage for a few years. My Turbo Coupe was sold and I have no use for it. There is also a turbo valve cover out there.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Old 02-27-2018, 08:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
What model of Datsun? Got pics?
Made a deal on 2 Datsun 521 Pickups and 2 Datsun 510 wagon parts cars. No pics yet but i will get some in the spring along with some pics of my '69 Chevy C10 as they are on the same farm as it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM View Post
I have a 1986 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe intake manifold and a HX35 turbo that I would insider selling. It’s been sitting in my garage for a few years. My Turbo Coupe was sold and I have no use for it. There is also a turbo valve cover out there.

SamM
Def perked my interest, will send ya a pm soon to find out more about these parts. I could easily see converting the car to FI with a standalone controller like Megasquirt.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 02-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Made a deal on 2 Datsun 521 Pickups and 2 Datsun 510 wagon parts cars. No pics yet but i will get some in the spring along with some pics of my '69 Chevy C10 as they are on the same farm as it.
You have my full attention. I love both the independent rear axle of the 510, as well as the utilitarian look of the pickup. I've seen some crazy vids of 280Z parts filling the engine bay of a 510 to make a boxy little rocket.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-27-2018, 01:06 PM   #19

Quote:
You have my full attention. I love both the independent rear axle of the 510, as well as the utilitarian look of the pickup. I've seen some crazy vids of 280Z parts filling the engine bay of a 510 to make a boxy little rocket.
I know one of the wagons is a total loss in terms of rebuilding it as the floors are completely shot in it. I think that is the case with the other one as well. I seem to recall that my parents briefly had a 510 when i was a kid but it was such a brief period that i do not remember much about it. There were also a few Toyota cars in there as well. A wagon and a 2 door. Believe those were camrys. One vehicle i wish that dad had not gotten rid of however was the Willys Jeep pickup. Anyways..with that all said that kind of explains why i have an interest in obscure older vehicles.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 02-27-2018, 11:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
"The first car I bought at a dealership (Ford dealer in Simi Valley, Cal.--forgot what the name was in '89 when I bought it) was an '86 Capri 5.0 five-speed manual car"
Its very hard to find a V8 Capri/Mustang from the 80s that is restoreble these days.
Back in the later 90s, the subsequent owner tracked me down to see if I wanted to buy it back. He had a crappy white paint job slapped on it (it was solid gray), the seats had a few holes in them, and it looked in poor shape overall. Somehow, it was never quite registered so I kind of still owned it, apparently. He wanted $2k for it, whereas I sold it to an acquaintance for $1500, lol. The registration was kind of confirmed when about a year later a salvage yard guy from an hour outside of L.A. in the so-called 'high desert' contacted me...I went to see the car out of nostalgia when he said he had it on his lot and I was the last registered owner (?!) and I thought maybe it had a couple dents and dings; the car was wrecked--it was still white. I was hoping it was salvageable at that point, but it was not meant to be, but I did still have my '93 GT. I later learned that the non- t-top Capri 5.0s were very rare. I could have sworn I read in 5.0 Mustang and Fast Ford magazine that only about 100 non t-top 5.0 '86 Capris existed when they did an article on a guy with one. Don't quote me, but Capris were rare to begin with, and any other one I came across had T-tops.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-11-2018, 03:38 AM   #21

In the first post in this thread i posted up about a camaro that this friend was also building. Hopefully this link works...but it goes to an album for my personal photography page showing some of the teardown today..

https://www.facebook.com/pg/darkride...06748962767977
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-12-2018, 01:09 AM   #22

I love Camaros of that vintage. Looks like a 1976 model.

Old 03-12-2018, 02:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
I love Camaros of that vintage. Looks like a 1976 model.
It is... well what is left of one anyway.. a 1976 Type LT. But we are currently at a hard stall on the project as we found some terminal rust in the shell.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #24

Well a bit of an update on this. First an update on the Camaro...it has been canceled due to the severe rust damage. So that car is being parted out and the proceeds will be donated in his name instead..

Anyway onto the Capri i finally got to look at it in person for the first time today and got a bit of a walk around in along with pics. The worst rust is where the rub strips were once and thankfully the areas are pretty flat making it somewhat easy to repair them.

Otherwise the worst damage is the dents in the passenger door...not sure how i am going to deal with that but i will sort that out later..

I also made a verbal deal on this. Will be making a down payment on it on payday.

1969 Ford F250 Ranger Camper special with a 390/auto in it.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #25

I'm in love with that sweet old bumpside! Is it a 250?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #26

Quote:
I'm in love with that sweet old bumpside! Is it a 250?

Yup, F250 with the Ranger trim and Camper special package. 390 FE V8 with a 3 speed automatic. Of course there will be a thread on it once i start on that project. Though i suppose i should consider doing one large thread covering the two Squares, the 69 C10, the Capri. Or is it easier to follow if i just keep doing separate threads for each?
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-03-2018, 12:20 PM   #27

Separate threads are easier for my head.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:37 PM   #28

Quote:
Separate threads are easier for my head.
Then i shall keep with that method of things. Hopefully the capri will be in the storage yard by the end of next week. The F250 soon after. The '84 C10 will be home..most likely on a permanent basis at that point. Landlords dont mind that i have 3 vehicles there so eh...
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-29-2018, 11:18 PM   #29

Looking like i will finally be moving this to the storage yard on friday. Did not make a payment on the F250 yet so i am kinda hoping it is still around to make another attempt on a payment on it come payday.
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-15-2018, 10:14 PM   #30

Well today was to be the day we moved the car to the yard finally. However during the process of jacking it up to change front tires we discovered the unibody is too rusted out to be worth building the car. Same basic problem as what happened with the Dirty Mary Camaro project. So sadly this project died before it got off of the ground...quite literally..
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote: