Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2015, 11:42 PM   #7

We have an RX3 and a DRZ 400. So far I've ridden the RX3 on a 180 mile ride that had about 100 of the miles that were off road. Yesterday I rode 300 paved miles over to Eugene and back over a mountain pass. In a nutshell, the RX3 is slower than the DRZ but considerably more comfortable for longer pavement miles. I got home after 300 miles and could have gone another 100 or two without feeling beat up.
On the off road trip I was riding with a group of Advriders. A couple WR250Rs, KTM 990, Wee stroms, and a KTM 690. On the steeper/longer climbs it was a bit of a challange to keep up with the larger bikes but overall the bike was well balanced and was comfortable riding on the moderately rough single lane dirt roads 30-50 MPH range even with the CST stock street 90/10 tires. There were even 4 water crossings ranging from short and shallow to close to two feet deep with fist to baby head sized rocks underwater and the little RX3 handled it well.
The main difference between a more off-road oriented bike like the DRz and an Adventure bike like the RX3 means you can ride further on road to get to and from the dirt sections in more comfort, and have to ride less aggressively when you do get to dirt because of the higher relative weight and less suspension travel. Also it means not diving with abandon into rough rocky stuff lest one break something or crash.
Overall the more I ride this thing, the more I love it. It continues to surprise me with every ride. Everyone's needs are different but for me, the RX3 trumps the DRZ. Actually I'm putting the Suzuki up for sale next week.