Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #1

Gio Dirt bike comparo...

Hey guy I was wondering what everyone opinions are on the various Gio models.. especially 125cc, 140 and 250cc. What ones seem the best built and what's the easyest to get parts for? how do they stack up?

the other day my girlfriend got the itch to get a dirt bike so I won an auction for a 125cc Gio, $500 shipped to the door. should be here monday. If it's as impressive in person as the pics I'll order another.. maybe the same or maybe something bigger... dunno. the x31 19/16 looks like it might be a good bike. or the X33 but I don't see them in the auctions yet..

Old 10-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #2

When I was done with a 125 for my son, it pulled like a tractor. It was a decent bike, but I couldn't stop modding it.

The only real weakness I found was the poor swingarm bushings. I swapped 'em for Honda units and it was much better.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #3

Good to hear,

I see today Gio has thrown some X33 up for auction and I lost a couple but got a "second chance" for one at $400. not bad considering the last one just went for $483 and the x80 seems to go for over $400 everytime. long story short I took it.

I'll be sure to post some pics and my thoughts on the bikes when I get them.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #4

from what I gather here is the black one... X-motos orange is the same so I bet their black is too.. minus the x-motos logo can't wait!

Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 AM   #5

That's a sweet little bike; love the new swingarm design. Looking forward to your review.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #6

I'm not much of a reviewer but I did get a chance to compare them finally and the X33 does kick butt! The 125 I think has a very reliable little motor and seems to be a great deal for the money but for the extra few dollars the X33 is light years ahead. Better plastic was the first thing I noticed when I pulled the box apart. All the decals were pre applied and you just pull off the protective tape. The whole body is much stiffer and higher quality. Most of the bolts on the X33 feel better quality like the bolts on my yamahas. suspension is nice, I havent adjusted it yet but it feels pretty good as is. as for the 125 I have already picked up the performance forks and I'd like to get the fast ace with piggy back. If you factor those to upgrades alone you have narrowed the gap in price to 0 for getting an X33 and you have a lot more upgrades than just the suspension. Tires on the X33 are much better as well, the first thing I did to the 125 was put a Michelin MS2 Starcross on the back. Otherwise it would just sit there and spin on the really steep hills. The X33 could definitely use a 5th gear!!!!! I'm going to try a smaller sprocket, I think it definitely has the power to go down a few teeth. plus 1st gear is way to short anyway for my liking. Also it's hard to tell in the pic but the X33 is a much better size for an adult, on the 125 I find myself sitting at the back of the seat almost on the fender and it's hard, and I'm about 5'8". the girlfreind is about 5'5" and she finds it pretty good for trail riding but now she wants the X33 too. Not much else to say but both bikes were worth every penny and we are both having tons of fun on the trails.

oh yeah and as you can see the black X33 has black shocks not gold... I prefer the gold but the black is good too.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #7

Thanks for the review. If I was in the market for another pit bike, I'd buy an X33 like yours. It looks like it's full of Fast Trails or Two Brothers parts, which is the look I was going for with Son of Weldangrind's 125. He's a giant now, so he needs a full size bike.

The seat is an obvious improvement. I also like how the swingarm is internal to the frame, which should hopefully minimize lateral play. The exhaust looks much better and I like the black USD shocks (don't care for the gold ones).

Are you in BC? It looks like you have access to a decent riding area.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #8

New Brunswick. Lot's of nice trails, although some were pretty sloppy yesterday from all the rain we've had lately.

The seat is nice, feels durable. a bit stiff but I'm hoping it will soften up.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #9

I'm in need of some fairings of the xmoto 125cc I'm not finding aq in Brazil to buy is way to look at how much the freight comes out