Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2019, 04:52 AM   #16

Well its all done, its a pretty easy assembly really, just nuts and bolts.
Just a few notes in case someone is assembling a Brozz.
1) Make sure tab on speedometer housing is in between the notch on the front wheel hub.
2) Front fender as noted above
3) Check all wiring connections before installing headlight. I had a ground wire bullet connecter that came out and that would cause all kinds of electrical issues.
I changed the engine oil not because the shipped oil is junk oil or anything like that but I'm sure that the oil has been in the engine sitting there for several months and it's not a sealed system so moisture and contaminants can work there way inside. So I put in some fresh Rotella T4 15w40.

Valve adjustment: Super simple to do, remove 3 bolts in valve cover and pull cover off, mine came off on the exhaust pipe side easier oddly enough. Remove the big plug on top side of left engine cover, and remove spark plug. Turn engine over with the kick starter slowly and watch the valve movements and when you see the intake valve open and close look in the hole where the big plug was and align the T line to the housing. Verify that piston is at top of the stroke by looking into the spark plug hole. Time to check adjustment. My intake was at .002 and exhaust was at least .001 or less. I set the intake to .004 and the exhaust to .005.

Okay time to start it, filled with gas, set the choke to half choke and hit the starter button and it fired right up! :clap
The bike ran and revved great with no hesitations at all. The thing that surprised me was how smooth it was and very little to none on vibrations. Also I was kinda expecting the transmission to feel a little notchy or stiff until it broke in but really it shifted very nice and pretty smooth as well. Everything worked as it should with no problems at all, lights all worked, speedo, tach, gas gauge, shift indicator all worked great. The only real thing was burning off the oils and paint on the exhaust, man that thing was smoking. But it got better over time, although I didn't spend a lot of time riding it yet. I definitely will be deleting the catalytic convertor sometime soon, probably after the engine warranty expires. I'm not as worried about the obstruction that it causes as I am about the heat it is putting to the cylinder as it sits right next to it. That can't be good on it and will probably cause premature engine problems at least IMHO.

It is a whole different world coming off of a 100hp and probably close to 700 lb bike to this but its lightweight and fun to throw around. It definitely won't be winning any races but that's not what I bought it for anyway. So far so good and I do like it. I will review the bike when I put several hundred miles on it.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:54 AM   #17

Awesomeness at its finest One other thing to check is to make sure the plug wire is routed far enough away from the cat. It will get hot enough to melt the wire. Especially if you haven't tuned the carb yet and it running real lean. lean fuel mixture = very hot exhaust
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #18

Thanks for the follow up! Yes do pull the slack out of the spark plug wire to keep it away from the heat, I forgot to mention that

Old 06-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #19

What a beautiful day for riding and what would make a good ride better? Well a nice tasty beverage of course (Ice Tea)
Any advice on getting pics to upload correct would be appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cupholder.jpg (58.6 KB, 1000 views)

Old 06-29-2019, 01:45 PM   #20

The the pictures in landscape mode works for me.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-30-2019, 06:35 PM   #21

Well I've put a few hundred miles on the Brozz now and I really enjoy riding it, it's a fun light weight bike. I have had it to top speed several times and it max's out at 71mph on the digital speedometer but with my phone speedometer app it is only going 62.8 mph. That was bone stock without any modifications done and on flat ground with little to no wind push. For reference sake I am 192 pounds and 6' 1" tall. When I sit on the bike I can't flat foot it, the balls of my feet are on the ground and that's it, so I would say this is a pretty tall bike but I'm sure with a few adjustments or mods it could be lowered rather easily.

I would say only a couple of small complaints;
I had the gas cap leak on the first fill up but a simple O-ring fix and it hasn't leaked since.
The digital speedometer is off a little at low speed and gets off more and more as speed increases. I would say as much as 8mph at top speed.
And lastly as with all the Chinese enduro's it lacks a little in the engine department, it's not awful but for me it needs a few mods.

Recently I've done a few mods on it and will discuss it in another thread when I'm ready to. The time to top speed is better, meaning quicker acceleration but the engine has a wall at about 7000- 7500 rpm. I'm not sure if anything can be done about that but I will be working on it in the future.

As for now it does pretty good as an all around commuter and will hold 55mph pretty good so I can take it just about anywhere as long as I stay off the Interstates. It gets good fuel economy and seems to be a pretty sturdy and well built bike that will last a long time. I can take my hands off the handlebars at 55mph and it goes straight done the road and no death wobble, not even a twinge. ( I know I shouldn't take my hands off the bars, It was just a test)

I would say if you were considering a Brozz it is a good bike for the money and Peace Sports in Atlanta has parts for the bike which is great when you need them! In my experience with them they are a very good dealer and want to expand the Brozz sales across the US, maybe to be similar to the CSC tt250 but only time will tell.
All in all I'm happy with the purchase and look forward to making the Brozz just right for me!

Old 06-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #22

Herbie was it you I sent a tune kit too?
Did it have what you needed etc?

Old 06-30-2019, 06:44 PM   #23

Yes sir, the pumper carb kit! Everything I needed was there, very happy with it.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #24

Brozz-a-licious Update

Well I hit the 1000 miles mark and thought I would share my thoughts on the bike after a couple of months of ownership.

This bike has been a whole lot of fun to ride, it's light, easy to throw around and runs really really good. I have a two car detached garage which the Brozz sleeps in and when it's time to go for a ride I open up the garage door and hit my start button on my key fob from inside the house and it fires up the first time every time. While I get my shoes on and stuff together the bike is warming up and is ready to go when I get out there.(Really cool feature)

I have only had one issue and that was one of the exhaust nuts fell off, the one which bolts the head pipe to the head. I had the exhaust off and on several times so it was probably my fault. I double nutted both of those so I will not have that happen anymore.
I check the nuts and bolt occasionally on the bike and so far nothing has come loose or needed to be retightened. Everything on the bike still works with no complaints of any kind.

The speedometer on the Brozz is off some as is most if not all Chinese bikes. So I ride a lot with my phone app on GPS speedometer mode. After riding with the app over 500 miles I am pretty confident I don't need it anymore because my rpm in 5th gear tells me what speed I am running.
4500 rpm= 45mph
5000 rpm= 50mph
5500 rpm=55mph
6000 rpm=60mph
6500 rpm=65mph
7000 rpm=70mph
This isn't 100 percent accurate but it is real close as I've checked it multiple times. This is with my sprocket gearing at 17f 40r
It will hold highway speed 55mph real good and will even hold 65mph Interstate speeds most of the time.
I feel pretty confident this bike will run prolonged distances at 6000 to 6500 rpm without causing engine damage. I wouldn't want to run at max throttle which is 7000-7500 for very long, I'm not sure if it would cause a problem or not it's just my opinion.
The Brozz is a good cruising bike, it's very smooth going down the road and stable as well. I was kinda surprised at how well it does on the highway for such a light bike.
My gas mileage is pretty good, I drove about 152 miles last Saturday and put in 2.2 Gallons of gas, which is about 70mpg. That was a lot of almost wide open throttle driving too. I think I would get about 75mpg or so with normal riding.

One thing that is pretty cool about the bike is it is unique in my area. I don't think there is another bike like it in my area. I get looks all the time and when I run to the store I have people asking what kind of bike is that? I love demonstrating some of the cool things about the bike. They are always amazed when I hit the start button on the key fob and demonstrate the alarm system. One guy said he wanted to buy one for his wife so I tell them about Peace sports and to go to Brozz250.com. But it would be easier if I had a few business cards to pass out. Jeffrey are you reading? Send me a few business cards, what's the going rate for referrals anyway? Just kidding

I would say if you want a good reliable bike that has quite a bit for the money and if you do mostly road riding, I'd say 80 road 20 trails then this may be the bike for you. I'm glad I bought the Brozz and would highly recommend it as a commuter bike. One thing I would like to point out though is the seat height, it has a tall seat height and may be difficult for those under maybe 5' 9" or so. At least in stock form, I'm sure you could lower the bike some but I haven't messed with mine as I'm 6' 1" and fits me pretty good,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1000 miles4.jpg (32.3 KB, 728 views)
File Type: jpg 1000 miles2.jpg (42.7 KB, 768 views)
File Type: jpg 1000 miles3.jpg (41.1 KB, 725 views)
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Last edited by herbie; 08-03-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie View Post
Well I hit the 1000 miles mark and thought I would share my thoughts on the bike after a couple of months of ownership.

This bike has been a whole lot of fun to ride, it's light, easy to throw around and runs really really good. I have a two car detached garage which the Brozz sleeps in and when it's time to go for a ride I open up the garage door and hit my start button on my key fob from inside the house and it fires up the first time every time. While I get my shoes on and stuff together the bike is warming up and is ready to go when I get out there.(Really cool feature)

I have only had one issue and that was one of the exhaust nuts fell off, the one which bolts the head pipe to the head. I had the exhaust off and on several times so it was probably my fault. I double nutted both of those so I will not have that happen anymore.
I check the nuts and bolt occasionally on the bike and so far nothing has come loose or needed to be retightened. Everything on the bike still works with no complaints of any kind.

The speedometer on the Brozz is off some as is most if not all Chinese bikes. So I ride a lot with my phone app on GPS speedometer mode. After riding with the app over 500 miles I am pretty confident I don't need it anymore because my rpm in 5th gear tells me what speed I am running.
4500 rpm= 45mph
5000 rpm= 50mph
5500 rpm=55mph
6000 rpm=60mph
6500 rpm=65mph
7000 rpm=70mph
This isn't 100 percent accurate but it is real close as I've checked it multiple times. This is with my sprocket gearing at 17f 40r
It will hold highway speed 55mph real good and will even hold 65mph Interstate speeds most of the time.
I feel pretty confident this bike will run prolonged distances at 6000 to 6500 rpm without causing engine damage. I wouldn't want to run at max throttle which is 7000-7500 for very long, I'm not sure if it would cause a problem or not it's just my opinion.
The Brozz is a good cruising bike, it's very smooth going down the road and stable as well. I was kinda surprised at how well it does on the highway for such a light bike.
My gas mileage is pretty good, I drove about 152 miles last Saturday and put in 2.2 Gallons of gas, which is about 70mpg. That was a lot of almost wide open throttle driving too. I think I would get about 75mpg or so with normal riding.

One thing that is pretty cool about the bike is it is unique in my area. I don't think there is another bike like it in my area. I get looks all the time and when I run to the store I have people asking what kind of bike is that? I love demonstrating some of the cool things about the bike. They are always amazed when I hit the start button on the key fob and demonstrate the alarm system. One guy said he wanted to buy one for his wife so I tell them about Peace sports and to go to Brozz250.com. But it would be easier if I had a few business cards to pass out. Jeffrey are you reading? Send me a few business cards, what's the going rate for referrals anyway? Just kidding

I would say if you want a good reliable bike that has quite a bit for the money and if you do mostly road riding, I'd say 80 road 20 trails then this may be the bike for you. I'm glad I bought the Brozz and would highly recommend it as a commuter bike. One thing I would like to point out though is the seat height, it has a tall seat height and may be difficult for those under maybe 5' 9" or so. At least in stock form, I'm sure you could lower the bike some but I haven't messed with mine as I'm 6' 1" and fits me pretty good,
Love the review

Can you tell me about the windshield? Got a link to it?
Where did you get the 40 tooth rear sprocket? I am running the stock 46

Old 08-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #26

Thank you for the kind words!

This is what the windshield is. It's pretty pricey but works fantastic, fortunately for me I found one used on ebay for $50+$15 shipping that was like new. It attach's to the bars with just two attaching points which I was a little uncertain about but seems to work good. The little shield at the top is adjustable and really deflects the air up and over causing less wind buffeting on your helmet. It is narrow at the base of it which allows enough airflow to pass around the shield to keep you cool on hot days. The only downside is the aesthetic part of it, it doesn't flow real well with the lines of the bike but it's not horrible , at least I think so. If the base of it was a little wider it would look great I think but not sure how that would effect the airflow. Bottom line is I love it very much because it performs well as does what it is supposed to do, not to mention deflecting all those pesky bugs out of your face.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...d8452591d1c4c4

This is the sprocket and chain I bought and I like both. I might add I did make a large washer to go in between the front sprocket to push the sprocket in a little to better align the new rear sprocket because the new sprocket sets in 1/4 more than the stock sprocket. If you want me to I can take a pic of it and post it on the Chain and sprocket thread. Also I took out 2 links of the new chain for a tighter fit, you could do it with just 1 link taken out though as 2 links has the adjustment all the way forward and is pretty tight. But it does stretch a little so it will loosen up over time. I have about 500 miles on mine and haven't adjusted yet but I am getting pretty close to needing it.

Rear Sprocket- JTR269.40

Chain- JTC428HDR128SL
1978 Kawasaki KL250

Last edited by herbie; 08-05-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:05 PM   #27

Well it was raining last night and this morning and I am off work today so I decided to go ahead and remove my forks and change the fork oil. I drained and pumped and drained and pumped and I got out 230ml of oil. I wanted to get as much as possible of the Chinese oil so I left them to drain over night. I got another 80ml of oil out of it. So my total oil is 310ml of fork oil per leg. I decided to go with 10w oil as I ride mostly on the road. I took it for a spin and I am very happy with the results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fork oil change.jpg (92.0 KB, 722 views)
1978 Kawasaki KL250

Last edited by herbie; 08-12-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #28

Did you just pop the tops lose? Project I want to tackle this winter on my storm.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:30 AM   #29

Yes, I just unscrewed the top and slid the tube down. The top "cap" stays attached which is different from what I'm used to, with regular forks this would normally be the bottom of the fork. This is my first time with inverted forks, Easy job though
1978 Kawasaki KL250

Old 08-13-2019, 08:07 AM   #30

Yeah i've never messed with USD forks, sounds easy enough. Mine are soft enough that our crap MI roads will use most of the travel.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.