Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2022, 12:52 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Powersportmax's Titan DLX looked like the old Orion RXB before they updated it in styling and engine. However, the Titan did not have adjustable suspension and a few other goodies the Orion had, but it was (still is) a bargain for its price, and the members who purchased it and posted about it seemed to like it. This bike seems to be a step up from the Titan, and I am sure it will be a quality bargain dirt bike that will serve you well (of course, taking the 'Chinese' into account as one has to do with most any sub-$2k Chinese bike).

I am guessing that with Powersportmax's connections, this bike is made by the same OEM as the Orion bikes (hence it looks like the RXB) but Powersportsmax did not spec it out with all the same bits as the Orion.
I’m willing to bet you nailed it. Just make sure the bet is small…….

Old 08-13-2022, 02:29 PM   #2

upgrades

Has anyone installed a new carb, air filter and or exhaust? if so what kind and what jetting for carb?

thanks

Old 08-13-2022, 03:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider1010 View Post
Has anyone installed a new carb, air filter and or exhaust? if so what kind and what jetting for carb?

thanks
exhaust:
https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...&postcount=523

Old 07-21-2023, 01:25 PM   #4

I have been doing some research about to pull the trigger on my purchase. I have confirmed the hubs on the X are the same as Crf250r as well as the front and rear rotors and rear sprocket.

I have a few things I've found out to share and a few I'm still working on.

Zuumav front rotors with pickup magnets in 240 and 270mm can be readily had on AliExpress that once I purchase I will be buying, along with a set of 17" Supermoto wheels and tires as well as the larger front rotors (may have to make an adapter) if anyone has the caliper bolt mounting distance center to center it would help, So I can see if any ready-made options will work.

Also does the 6speed balanced 172Fmm have a roller cam? Browsing some 150/230F/L forums I found they are using 172fmm cams as they give slight performance over the Honda cam and the china made roller cam made for the 230 was measured at having even more lift then the 172Fmm and includes the upgraded roller followers.

Old 07-23-2023, 04:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minisumo View Post
I have been doing some research about to pull the trigger on my purchase. I have confirmed the hubs on the X are the same as Crf250r as well as the front and rear rotors and rear sprocket.

I have a few things I've found out to share and a few I'm still working on.

Zuumav front rotors with pickup magnets in 240 and 270mm can be readily had on AliExpress that once I purchase I will be buying, along with a set of 17" Supermoto wheels and tires as well as the larger front rotors (may have to make an adapter) if anyone has the caliper bolt mounting distance center to center it would help, So I can see if any ready-made options will work.

Also does the 6speed balanced 172Fmm have a roller cam? Browsing some 150/230F/L forums I found they are using 172fmm cams as they give slight performance over the Honda cam and the china made roller cam made for the 230 was measured at having even more lift then the 172Fmm and includes the upgraded roller followers.
I have been wanting to sumo mine as well. Just don't even know where to start with the correct wheels and stuff. Also, the wheels and tires seem to be about half the price of the bike. I can get you that caliper bolt spacing when I get home from work tonight

Old 07-26-2023, 12:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempX View Post
I have been wanting to sumo mine as well. Just don't even know where to start with the correct wheels and stuff. Also, the wheels and tires seem to be about half the price of the bike. I can get you that caliper bolt spacing when I get home from work tonight
Can find wheels and tires for around 750 on the web. But regearing and adding larger brakes while not needed would make it better. Any idea on the bolt spacing, mine is slated for delivery tomorrow if not.

Also seen the Russians have a 77mm big bore kit out for the 172Fmm, brings the bike to 286cc trying to find a source outside of Iron curtain 2.0 can find the 74mm kit on AliExpress all day long (268cc?)

Sure will be fun to tinker with this bike I had a Wr250r that I sold and miss, then built a street legal pit bike Supermoto but the thing scares me being so small and not very comfortable outside of the neighborhood (yx140.w/z40 on 12" wheels) so I figure I'd buy the templar x and build it out into a sumo but still be able to swap to dirt tires for the occasional trail riding outing.

Old 03-22-2022, 07:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
I'm glad you posted the question about this bike. Will be fun to see exactly what I've really bought. Its curiosity only that I purchased the bike. How is it possible to have a spec sheet as lengthy for under 2k... Will post plenty of pics and information...
Thinking more seriously about this, but the website for this particular bike doesn't specify anything about shipping.
What did Powersportsmax charge you for shipping?
Did you pay 1700 or 1632 (plus shipping)?

Old 03-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Thinking more seriously about this, but the website for this particular bike doesn't specify anything about shipping.
On the XPro site, this sucker is listed at 2059. If you have an interest in this ride, I'd jump soon. Gut feeling says it's gonna go up quick......

Old 04-27-2022, 10:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
On the XPro site, this sucker is listed at 2059. If you have an interest in this ride, I'd jump soon. Gut feeling says it's gonna go up quick......
Convinced yet ExMXer? Powersportsmax is still offering this bike for $2050 delivered with liftgate service. I love the short shifter, better brakes, 21"/18" wheels, full lighting, knobbies, low gearing for offroad, 250cc 19hp Zhongshen engine, 520 chain, inverted forks, graphics, gear position indicator, orange color(!)... etc.

I am so close! Are you going to do it??

Old 04-27-2022, 11:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Convinced yet ExMXer? Powersportsmax is still offering this bike for $2050 delivered with liftgate service. I love the short shifter, better brakes, 21"/18" wheels, full lighting, knobbies, low gearing for offroad, 250cc 19hp Zhongshen engine, 520 chain, inverted forks, graphics, gear position indicator, orange color(!)... etc.

I am so close! Are you going to do it??
If I didn’t have my sights set on a dr650 for my next bike I would buy another one of these, like, yesterday lol

Old 03-22-2022, 11:45 PM   #11

Quote:
It is in the fine print--it is $299 for shipping so about $2K exactly shipped to your home.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-12-2023, 01:35 PM   #12

Hello,
You've mentioned the spec sheet for this templar 250. Can you share that please? I'm trying to replace both axels, nuts, and bearings

Old 07-21-2023, 12:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
Hello,
You've mentioned the spec sheet for this templar 250. Can you share that please? I'm trying to replace both axels, nuts, and bearings
Torque specs from Pete:
https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...1&postcount=12

Installed new graphics on the Templar X!

Old 07-23-2023, 04:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividpixel View Post
Torque specs from Pete:
https://chinariders.net/showpost.php...1&postcount=12

Installed new graphics on the Templar X!
Love the graphics kit! Where did you buy it from and is it installed on the stock plastics?

Old 07-28-2023, 01:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempX View Post
Love the graphics kit! Where did you buy it from and is it installed on the stock plastics?
Thanks yo! I wasn't entirely done applying the decals so here's a couple more shots. Kalair GFX Graphics Kit for Suzuki RMZ 250 (2007-2009) Icon Series Magenta. I went for the cheapest option: 9mm thickness.