Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2017, 02:23 AM   #1

Opinions on GY6 mods & CDI upgrades

Alright guys, im back. It has been a while but i finally have time for all my toys and new one i just picked up. It is a 150cc ATV with the GY6 engine, i was wondering if anyone happened to know what kind of mods i can do to this thing to get a few more ponys out of it? I was looking at going with a big bore kit as per usual. But any suggestions on mods would be highly appreciated! It has forward and reverse, by the looks of it there is a box on the rear axle and when you push the lever it pulls a cable on the box to kick it into Forward and if you pull it back it puts it in reverse, This is my first time messing with a GY6 scooter engine so im not sure how its going to turn out but i feel like it deserves the respect of a few mods to get what i can out of it.

I would also like an opinion about CDI's, right now i have a CDI from a little 50cc atv installed in it. When i bought the 150 ATV the CDI crapped out witch made a no spark issue (reason the guy sold it) it runs great now with no issue other than it being very slow, im not sure if the CDI from the 50cc has something to do with that or if the GY6 engine is just slow in general, ive been reading alot about Rev Limiters built into the CDI so if that is the case i would love to upgrade it to a new one designed for this motor. The donor CDI was just for testing purposes but i assumed it wouldn't have been as slow as it was.