Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #1

New member kpx motors z-150 please help!!!

Hi my names matt I just joined the group tonight because I really need help just got my first bike kpx z150 but I can't find a single thing on it except a few specs if anyone knows anything or any others forums about this bike please let me know what you know..I have searched everywhere and this is the only site I seen with anything on it even though it was just about plastics..where can I get parts do they still make the bikes or is there any other bikes I could swap parts from? Any help would be much appreciated

Old 04-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #2

This http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.a...&weiid=5950355 bike ? Powered by a vertical Honda clone. What's the family# (16?FMJ) stamped on engine? Most 150 ohc ARE 145cc (61 x 49.5)
IF it burns some oil , the "kit" will be the solution.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36150032924
Others are similar to other chonda dirt bike.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #3

These bikes were manufactured by Zongshen in the mid-2000s.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-07-2015, 10:43 PM   #4

Well I did a lot of research on zongshen and it did lead me In the right direction but the bike I have is just like the one that humanbeing posted in the first link but its blue it doesn't have zongshen stamped anywhere on it..but I found the zongshen zs 150gy-10 or something like that they call the "fly" models looks like a newer version of my bike..I can't figure out how to post pics but does anyone e know the model of the bike in first link?

Old 04-08-2015, 12:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattking412 View Post
I can't figure out how to post pics...
Perhaps this will help: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14422

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Well I did a lot of research on zongshen and it did lead me In the right direction but the bike I have is just like the one that humanbeing posted in the first link but its blue it doesn't have zongshen stamped anywhere on it..but I found the zongshen zs 150gy-10 or something like that they call the "fly" models looks like a newer version of my bike..I can't figure out how to post pics but does anyone e know the model of the bike in first link?
it looks almost identical to my Panterra before I modified it
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 04-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #7

Quote:
...does anyone know the model of the bike in first link?
That won't be of much help to you, since that bike was imported with several different names. I have the same bike with a 223cc engine, and it was branded as Roketa. The Shineray is also identical.

What really matters is that you can find any of the parts you need on eBay or Taobao, but not necessarily by searching for a model name.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-08-2015, 11:55 PM   #8

Ok there should be a pic of my bike this time..ok so could do different motor swaps to this bike like a 200 Sierra or the 223cc you were talking about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.3 KB, 1653 views)

Old 04-09-2015, 12:08 AM   #9

Nice looking bike. A swap might be a real squeeze. I keep thinking some day I might find an older enduro, that is license able, with room to stuff one of these new motors in that have electric start unlike what the older ones came with. When you are drawing SS and 72 yo you don't want to be spending a ton of money. john

Old 04-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #10

Chonda.

Thanks for the link!

Cheers!

Old 04-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
Chonda.
Honda clone that made in Chongqing ,China

Old 04-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #12

You guys have been a lot I help I appreciate that..learned a lot so far. All I've done to the bike is put those bags on it..I been putting some miles I it runs and drives great but everytime I park it I go through and check every bolt the vibrations is pretty bad..lost my bottom bolt in front brake caliper yesterday then I had a short in ignition from a screw backing out the bottom fixed it then my headlight went out just vibration problems..also is there a way to mid the air box?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (99.5 KB, 1479 views)

Old 04-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #13

Quote:
You guys have been a lot I help I appreciate that..learned a lot so far. All I've done to the bike is put those bags on it..I been putting some miles I it runs and drives great but everytime I park it I go through and check every bolt the vibrations is pretty bad..lost my bottom bolt in front brake caliper yesterday then I had a short in ignition from a screw backing out the bottom fixed it then my headlight went out just vibration problems..also is there a way to mid the air box?
looks like they improved the mounting for the muffler. I had to re-weld mine 3 or 4 times, it kept cracking where the bracket was welded to the muffler.
4 degree advance key
290 degree cam
Nibbi PE30 and cone filter

Front fork brace

Old 04-10-2015, 11:11 AM   #14

Quote:
...is there a way to mid the air box?
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Buy some blue Loctite #242, and apply a drop to the threads of all fasteners. Totally worth it.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:42 PM   #15

KPX did end up with a 200cc version of the bike--all of these were sold on Ebay for around $1k including shipping if I remember correctly. I ended up buying a very similar bike made by Shineray by a company called Jetmoto. These bikes from this era were the reason I started a Yahoo! group called Jetmotogroup or something like that, and another guy started Lifan GY-5 group or something like that, and Frostbite began this site pretty much off of both groups, but probably more leaning to the GY-5 group. I forget the members handle who started GY-5 but he was a long-time member. His real name is Mike, and he lives in Michigan--someone might remember him?

Anyway--enough trip down memory lane, LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
enduro, help!, kpx, newbie, z150