Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #1

Modifications made to my new Viva VX200SX!

OK, I've been lurking and posting for awhile now! I have decided (JUST NOW) that I'm going to order a new Viva tomorrow! These bikes are cheap and awesome machines for the money. They seem like a great deal for what you pay for them. About a month ago, I went with Pumpkin when he purchased his new Lifan America GY-5. The bike is great. He's had a few issues but nothing major. I'm going the cheap route and getting mine for $999 OTD. I want the blue one! They will put the bike together for me for $99 and I can pick it up in Pittsburgh, PA next week.

It's all TheOtherRides fault. After looking at that red Viva. I must have one, can't stop thinkin'... about, MUST stop thinking........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I'm just going to buy it! You guys all suck! On second thought, it's all you guy's fault!

Old 03-22-2007, 09:58 PM   #2

Was it the pink wheels?

Old 03-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #3

How did you know ob1?

...oh yeah! May the force be with you!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 PM   #4

Actually, I want this one!

Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #5

Sam,
Good luck on your purchase and keep in mind that it's not a LIFAN, why don't you follow Pumpkins lead and get what he got, as I think he is satisfied with it?
I like the fact your going with a B&M dealer but if price is your main concern and your going to go off another beginner riders advice(No offense Pauli) Then I would have someone else build and loc-tite it for you... Again, not tyring to be an a$$ but if pumpkin has and likes his bike, ??????????

Old 03-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #6

had i known then what i know now i'd have a viva from pittsburg. no disrespect to my bike but i paid $1950 thinking it was a better bike because of the american part of the name. hopefully it will be after all the bugs get worked out.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Sam,
Good luck on your purchase and keep in mind that it's not a LIFAN, why don't you follow Pumpkins lead and get what he got, as I think he is satisfied with it?
I like the fact your going with a B&M dealer but if price is your main concern and your going to go off another beginner riders advice(No offense Pauli) Then I would have someone else build and loc-tite it for you... Again, not tyring to be an a$$ but if pumpkin has and likes his bike, ??????????
Building the bike and loctiting it is well within my scope of abilities! I'm not a beginner, as I have been riding since I was 7 years old! I don't work as a motorcycle tech but I'm certified as one. I've already rebuilt a couple of Buells. One from the frame up. The other was a Stage 3 Buell S1W that made 115rwhp. These Chinese bikes are not as complicated as a quad cam Sportster/Buell and I've done numerous high-performance topends.

Really, I just want a cheap bike to mess with and have for visiting family members. Frankly, I don't see much of difference between the authorized dealer bikes and the ebay bikes. They both seem to have the same problems. If I had to completely disassemble the bike and completely rebuild it, I could. My plan is to get what I want. If they can't deliver the color I want then, I won't buy it. Even if I had to completely rebuild a china bike, I wouldn't care! I'd probably start from the frame up and rip half of the crap off it. from what I see, most of the wiring could be trashed. I don't need beeping turnsignals, gear indicators or gauges that don't read correctly. I'd go digital. Cheap and easy!

I have a really cool set of tools!

Old 03-23-2007, 01:33 AM   #8

Pictured below is my last project. We had some issues with the frame and the frame builder. He didn't build the frame to the proper specs and wanted me to ship it BACK to California on my dime, so he could fix it. Homie don't roll that way! As a result the exotic XR style heads would not work with the front downtube and the rear Penske shock did not give enough clearance for the Supertrapp XR-750 dual exhaust. I parted the bike out on ebay for a hefty profit.

See that custom built fuel tank? It cost more than the china bike I'm planning to buy!

Old 03-23-2007, 07:16 AM   #9

Glad to have that kind of experience aboard the CHINARIDERS EXPRESS. With that kind of desire to tinker, I'll expect to hear about all kinds of upgrades and mods that I can do to mine.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 03-23-2007, 07:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM
Pictured below is my last project. We had some issues with the frame and the frame builder. He didn't build the frame to the proper specs and wanted me to ship it BACK to California on my dime, so he could fix it. Homie don't roll that way! As a result the exotic XR style heads would not work with the front downtube and the rear Penske shock did not give enough clearance for the Supertrapp XR-750 dual exhaust. I parted the bike out on ebay for a hefty profit.

See that custom built fuel tank? It cost more than the china bike I'm planning to buy!

I'm not a big Harley fan, but I see where that bike is heading, and I like it!

Classy tank, bud!

Old 03-23-2007, 08:08 AM   #11

Re: Buying a new Viva tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamM
, I'm going to order a new Viva tomorrow! These bikes are cheap and awesome machines for the money. They seem like a great for what you pay for them.
i have the viva vx250pr and its a blast! heres a pic.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #12

I said it in another post, but I cant help but say it again. Man, those dirt bikes look pretty darn sweet!!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:11 AM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
I AM a beginner! All I can pass on to anyone are my experiences, good and bad. I was more willing to take more of a risk on the customer service aspect because of my resident bike mechanic, and because of you guys here. <MWWAAH>

I'd heard so much good and bad about every brand, I just went for price and features. Fashby's good words/pics (on this site) about the Viva helped. So blame him, not me! LOL

Old 03-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Posted by: fatboy250
Glad to have that kind of experience aboard the CHINARIDERS EXPRESS. With that kind of desire to tinker, I'll expect to hear about all kinds of upgrades and mods that I can do to mine.
Quote:
Posted by: ob1
I'm not a big Harley fan, but I see where that bike is heading, and I like it!

Classy tank, bud!
Well, I have some experience! A couple of my bikes turned out really nice. A few like the XR Street Tracker went in the crapper. One thing to remember with bikes is, they are generally worth more as parts than they are as bikes. If the Viva turns out something I don't want. I'll part the thing out and not look back! I like doing things that people don't expect. Something with nothing, if you will. These china bikes have great potential. They are heavy, but that can be addressed, to a point. They seem to be relatively fast for the size the size engine they have. Cruising at 70mph with the right gearing is nice. I plan to build mine into something better than what I started with. For me it will just be a project! A cheap commuter bike and a bike I can let someone ride and not feel horrible if something happens to it.

ob1,
That bike was going to be a real looker. I believe I could have easily sold it for 20k maybe more! I had about 5k in it after parting out the donor bike. The tailsection was setup to use a Storz XR750 seat and fiberglass tail. A small PIAA headlight was going to be installed into the front numberplate. Other features were, dual Mikuni HSR45 carbs, very hot Redshift cams, Marchesini wheels, carbonfiber fenders, plus a lot more. You may also notice the VERY RARE Buell Racing/Performance Machine 6-piston dual front calipers. There were only 9 sets of these made. BIG $$$$! Purchased from a Buell raceteam. It also had triple German 'Wave' rotors and a PM 4-piston rear caliper! It had WAY too much braking power but it sure was cool looking!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #15

Don't frit Pauli! You did good! I like that Red Viva. Make the changes you want to make. These bikes are a good starting point. As they get better, better parts will become available.

I've heard a few reports that a network of parts is being setup to make parts easier to get. There are some businessmen buying parts from all the Chinese manufacturers. I think it's just a matter of time before whatever we need is just a phone call away.