Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #31

Just got back from a ride, I will need to mess with the jetting a little bit. Power, acceleration and everything is better compared to the stock carb, but it is still lean from what I can feel while riding and pulling on the throttle Already ordered a pack of main jets (assortment of 10), from the feel of things I'm thinking it will need a jump up to 110... but yet

17t front 39t rear is going to be a wonderful gearing for the type of riding I expect to be doing with the bike, I was able to hit just over 60 mph during my ride, but I will admit I was going down hill with the wind to my back

Currently have just under 70km on the bike, sooo I decided to do it's second oil change while I had the bike nice and HOT after my little 35km loop to get the carb dialed in as best I could , also cleaned out the "Oil Screen" because I got bored

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I'm thinking it will need a jump up to 110... but yet
My VM26 came jetted lean. Had a 100 main and a 20(?) I think for the pilot. I'm curious to see how the 110 main does in yours.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-14-2016, 12:42 AM   #33

With only 70km on the bike, give it some time. Once it breaks in, it'll behave differently. Not saying you shouldn't rejet, just saying take it easy.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #34

I have always taken it easy for the first few thousand miles on every new engine/transmission I have ever owned, and this China Bike is no different

I'm going nice and easy on the bike IMO. I have been "short shifting" to keep RPMs low, never cruising at a single speed and RPM range, I use Gravity and Wind to help go faster instead of using 'Heavy/Full Throttle', etc.

That's how pops taught me to 'Take it easy' during the break in period

*Edit to say*

I have done extremely short bursts of 3/4 and full throttle, but only to find out what kind of tuning needs to be done to the carburetor, I'm still going really easy on the bike even though it looks as if I'm abusing it the way I write and try to explain my experience, the words and 'story' my brain is trying to tell never makes it down to my typing fingers, it always ends up just a mass of gibberish that everyone has to translate and fill in some blanks

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Last edited by Azhule; 04-14-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #35

Taking it easy... As this interview is being carried out , there is mrs. Azule in the background doing front wheel stands and wheelies, high speed runs, and jumping ravines.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Taking it easy... As this interview is being carried out , there is mrs. Azhule in the background doing front wheel stands and wheelies, high speed runs, and jumping ravines.
I have to remember not to read your posts while drinking Tea

Old 04-14-2016, 07:23 PM   #37

Hehehe...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-14-2016, 09:34 PM   #38

Mrs. tried her first time ever riding a motorcycle just a few moments ago

She seen me messing with the Bashan WILL 200 and decided to give it a spin

First time she pulled away in first gear all I hear under the helmet is *"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"*

Accompanied by a smile ear to ear

She did great for her first time, she did a few straight line first gear pulls and called it good for the day

*I think she finally gets why I like to ride motorcycles... based on that "WEEEEEEEE!", her giggling, and her smile ear to ear... I may have created a monster on 2 wheels... only time will tell

Old 04-14-2016, 10:10 PM   #39

That's a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-14-2016, 10:53 PM   #40

Like riding a horse for the first time, hope for a good experience and that the saddle doesn't slip. Hope this is the start of something good. Next lesson, 2nd gear

Old 04-14-2016, 11:27 PM   #41

Just try not smiling while riding (or learning to ride) a motorcycle... it just can't be done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG3817.jpg (40.8 KB, 213 views)

Old 04-14-2016, 11:40 PM   #42

You did the headlights and turns , already? Looks great, that orange really stands out, in the Twilight it's good and visable. Looks like you have plenty o room for riders class.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:59 AM   #43

In the picture the small '1w Running/Daylight bulb' is what you see turned on not the actual "Riding at night headlight", so far I have only changed out the stock and really dim headlight and Running/Daylight Bulbs, those turn signals are all stock and it came with LED turn signals.

The bright light you see is a 1w Phillips 194/T10 LED 'Running Light', it's nice and BRIGHT and uses 1/4 the wattage of the bulb it replaced but is 3x+ as bright cost was only $12 or $13 out the door for a 2 pack at the 'local' Menards.

The headlight system on this bike uses the same headlight size/number as my Subaru Forester, so I put a Wagner TruView H3 I think was the name and size of the bulb ?? but I would have to look it up to make sure. The stock light was yellow, dim, and really slow to light up.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #44

That's a great training ground!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #45

A few acres of land to learn on with a warm garage and plenty of tools at the parents place up in WY, it's where the bike is currently staying until we can get it plated and ride to it's other home ... when I ordered the bike I was thinking I would have to build it in a snow storm so I shipped it to the parents house/warm garage... but we all know how I got a 'ready to ride floor model' instead so I had no (real) need for the garage and tools after all could have got away with basic tools and Blue Threadlocker

FMF Muffler is out for delivery (already???) when it arrives I will see what all I need to do to get it attached to the stock header, hopefully I will be able to cut enough off to delete the Cat and Baffles in the stock header... if anything I will find a good shop or maybe 'bribe/pay' one of the nice members here with some welding exp to get one fabricated for the Mrs. motorcycle