Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
Can you point me in the direction on the issue with the bike would not turn off mine did this once..... I thought it was because I used the remote starter.
Yes if I remember right if you start it with the remote you have to stop it with the remote. Just the way it's made.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Yes if I remember right if you start it with the remote you have to stop it with the remote. Just the way it's made.
Thanks. On another note why do these bikes not have a kill switch?

Old 04-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I never used the remote start... and the remote start/alarm system was the first thing I removed/bypassed on the bike...

Our bike just flat out refused to shut off until I fixed the solder points and wires

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #199

Quote:
My Bashan does on the right side cluster.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #200

Went for a nice ride today up to Harbor Freight, got a spring compression tools, some more boxes of nitrile gloves, and a few other goodies while I was there... the looks on everyone's face when they see you stuff everything into a backpack, put a helmet/gloves on, hop on the bike and ride off was well worth the trip...

Got to lane split several times due to "morons and me not feeling safe"... or maybe I just wanted to lane split while it was HOT outside, traffic was being slow for no reason, lanes started backing up fast... and I had that excuse ready in case I was pulled over for doing so

Only one person was distracted on the phone today during my ride, everyone else had their head on a swivel and made eye contact with me several times... really amazing when you think about it... but today is a fluke day in my book... it will be back to "kill all invisible motorcyclists while I txt" tomorrow

Quote:
Don't know why our Bashan WILL didn't come with one, it's only 14 cents worth of plastic and wires after all

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #201

Kill sw...manny parted it for another bike
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #202

So there I was getting the China Bike ready for a weekend ride with Detours... and the Bashan license plate, brake, and turn signal holder finally decided it was time to fall apart into 14 pieces... soo I started looking around pops garage and found a (free) replacement...

If anyone else has the same problem, I found that an old License plate off a car will work as a substitute only need a hammer, a drill and some bits, a file, and a cutting tool to complete the yob

Took this pic when I was almost done, just had the right side to cut, fold, and reattach the turn signal... I might paint it black and put some kind of rubber around the sharp edges, but other then that I'm a happy recycling camper because the China bike is once again "on the road"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5943-1.jpg (91.2 KB, 256 views)

Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 PM   #203

You mentioned being willing to post up on how you installed a COP for your bike, could you give me details on what you used? If you want to post up details for install, that'd be great, otherwise I could probably figure it out.

Old 11-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #204

"Idle Hands"

I found a "2 wire" Denso Coil On Plug (and connector/wire harness) that would "fit" my motorcycles, modified stuff to get it to actually "fit", then it's as easy as power to power/ground to ground and you are good to go with a stronger spark across the entire rev range

Haven't really talked or posted about it because no one else really wants to do all that work "to get it to fit"... they figure at $6 for a dozen Chinese coils it's not worth the hassle and $$ for the reliable Denso made in Japan COP mod ... they just carry around a spare or two and call it good

Thanks for stopping by
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spark Plug COP build.jpg (82.1 KB, 217 views)

Old 11-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #205

What are those COPs off of?

Old 11-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #206

Runs without a battery!

I know the Lithium battery is already really light (about 1lb) but another thread got me thinking...

"I wonder if I can remove some more weight off the China bike and run it with only the kicker"...

Turns out I can drop the weight of the battery and starter if I really want to it (kick) starts first try and runs great even without a battery the neutral and high beam dummy lights flicker on and off with the engine supplying power but that is the only thing I noticed "wrong" during my tests

Also working on a "Tuned Intake", going to try several different pipe lengths to try and maximize things around 5,100 rpms on the '3rd or 4th harmonic wave'... it's going to be a fun winter

Old 11-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
I know the Lithium battery is already really light (about 1lb) but another thread got me thinking...

"I wonder if I can remove some more weight off the China bike and run it with only the kicker"...

Turns out I can drop the weight of the battery and starter if I really want to it (kick) starts first try and runs great even without a battery the neutral and high beam dummy lights flicker on and off with the engine supplying power but that is the only thing I noticed "wrong" during my tests

Also working on a "Tuned Intake", going to try several different pipe lengths to try and maximize things around 5,100 rpms on the '3rd or 4th harmonic wave'... it's going to be a fun winter
Ahh, the un-foreseen advantages of magneto ignition...ARH

Old 11-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #208

Quote:
I prefer a kill button. I used a horn button off of an English bike (available on e-bay nowadays). Run a wire from the magneto wire, somewhere before the coil to the button where it is "T-eed" and run back to the coil. Solder a small piece of wire on the other side of the button, strip about a half inch of the other end, and lay it across the clamp that attaches it to the handlebar. You can even paint it red with fingernail polish before it goes to inspection, if they are that anal. Now youre key switch only controls the electrical system, and the magneto ground controls the ignition system...ARH

Old 08-17-2020, 08:43 PM   #209

Valve Lash

I know this is an old thread, but do you still have this bike? If so, what did you set the valves to? Just picked one of these up and the valves were damn near closed (so it didn't make any valve noise).

Adjusted both to .005 now I hear the valves (like my old Hawk).

Do you hear valve clatter on yours?