Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2015, 05:34 AM   #1
Banned

Anyone interested in servicing CSC bikes:

I am starting this thread to address being an "approved" service center for Zongshen RX-3 mainly, sold by CSC. ANyone having any issues re setting this up, or someone who is set up please let us know what needs to be done. Email contact, so far has failed me re getting answers to this issue/concern, as well as some others also (who contacted me by PM). I do plan to contact CSC this morning Monday 2 March, 2015 for a definitive answer to this and report back, ASAP I know anything.
This would include both warranty work, and recall work, or any work others might want done who don't want to do it theirself. Also would supply parts as an alternative if CSC is waiting on a shipment etc. Especially if a recall happens, and there is a delay is parts getting from China to CSC to owners (or shops servicing those owners bikes). We can discuss alternative sources on here for parts should something like that happen, helping let owners have confidence they can keep riding no matter a single source for parts (or service).

Old 03-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #2
Banned

Called in response to Joe's reply to my issues.

He was in his vehicle, and after I started explaining myself, he asked me to wait and call Steve, at CSC in an hour from then. (approx 9 AM).

Old 03-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
Banned

also

And I wasn't the only person not contacted back, (I have PM's if requested). I assume they are very busy currently, anyway, and was hoping the authorized "service center" thread could help them by handling some of the requests they apparently may be missing. It could consolidate inquiries to one place and offer interested parties a place to see requirements they need, etc. There DOES need to be some interest in having others offering parts and service if that's a reason they list for buying the bikes, IMHO. Otherwise sales and warranty informaton needs to be (ASAP) changed to read to just stating: "owner must do all maintainance and repairs themselves" if there is nothing to financially motivate others to assist owners of this motorcycle, and parts are available FROM CSC, ONLY. If a bike was crashed, or run with oil from a holed crankcase (ie:rock hit, rebar on hwy, etc.) , run hot from radiator holing, (branch through radiator, dropped on the trail out in boonies w/o cell service), IMHO this is beyond many (most?) riders comfort level repairing, tutorial or no, again IMHO. Would everyone have the flywheel pullers, hydraulic press for bearings and shaft assembly/disassembly, or want to invest in their purchase for a single (hopefully!) use?
This (having others REASONABLY close by owners who do have ALL these tools and many more, and know how to use them! and are motivated to do EVERY bike that comes in needing these things done gonna take some $, IMHO.) IS important to CSC long term keeping this project viable, (again my OPINION).

Thay have a LOT in place that I really like for my situation. I don't relish the idea of owning (another) orphan bike in USA if this doesn't work, and they kept anyone else from getting parts anywhere else but from them.

I would enjoy helping the OCCASIONAL zong rider(s) having misfortune while in my general area, with some issues. Rebuilding multiple bikes (taking time away from PAYING for mine and my bills) I would not. That is not a REASONABLE (or fair, either) thing to expect owners to be forced to put up with.

Here's hoping this gets read before my call and its issues deemed as important as I think it should be to everyone interested in (or like me, deposits placed) on a bike. I, at this point, am still optimistic, as this should be easy enough to do. (if they want to do it).

Old 03-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
Banned

Same post on DS RX-3 reposted

There are no plans in place for any "authorized service providers or centers" at this time. I asked, any idea when. No idea. I told him about the Honley issue and why that was a concern of mine and some others on here that if they were the single source of parts, they'd all be of the same manufacturer "batch" and all out of spec, possibly. ANswer: We have all the parts needed here. You can go to another mc dealer and match it up, and if not, they can order it. (unless there isn't one to match it with).
I suggested that they publish the suggested rates for time to do warranty work and shop rates they'd approve. (using for example their scooters rates in their shop since business is an issue).A: Didn't need to do that, at this time. Each claim, if any, would be handled on a case by case basis. Ok If I called up with the chain issue.."A:our sprockets are different" I'm just asking for example, I said. I suggested it would be better, since the sales info says "either take it to a "authorized shop" for warranty work or read our tutorial and do it yourself" that some , at least, venues were set up, in East USA at least, for parts and service in case of recall or other QC slip.
A:Not at this time. It was supplemented by (which I agree this is probably the case) "Most well, 99% of guys buying these bikes are planning to do all the work themselves". I asked what about if that requires shop level tools (presses, welders, machining, etc). A: Most well, 99% of guys buying these bikes are planning to do all the work themselves. hmm OK.

Its is my opinion the questions WERE all answered. There was no hurry, either at first, and I felt Steve understood that this was meant to clear u an issue that came up re QC and the Honley bike, and a what if situation if similar happens to our bikes.
I am uneasy with the issues of no plans to set up shops or have any other sources for parts, especially. I am also probably not going to ride the bike home now, especially if I can get the quote down to the 300 that it was to GA, by doing something different on my end. I just wouldn't want to get stuck somewhere and be subject to a dealer jacking me for a credit card guarantee to fix my bike. (ie CSC would not pay him his dealer rates on labor and time.) Since I have nothing to compare it with and no idea what is "reasonable" to csc. A; "We will talk to the dealer and determine a reasonable mount to fix the bike". Q What if they are not reasonable? Do I pay or? (I then reminded him I was considering a ride back and this was a concern now to me, personally.) A: "We will talk to the dealer and determine a reasonable mount to fix the bike." He had spent a generous mount of time, IMHO and needed to go wait on customers, he said, which I understood. Me too(get back to work, as I am not getting paid to try to help, only) which I think he understood.

Thats not every word, of course, and in fact, I reasked the questions in different ways to try to get a different answer. (more answering the concerns I had).

Anyway, I'm still buying the bike, but my situation, with a shop and all tools and experience needed to service it, may be different than others, at this time. I want to see for sure, how the Honley issue ends up, long term.

If I am unreasonable here, flame away hehe