Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2018, 06:41 AM   #9

The large brake rotor kit arrived yesterday (May 29) at my home in Virginia. I had sent NZ payment via Paypal on May 21. So I am very impressed with NZ's responsiveness and with the shipping time from Chengdu. BTW I got the kit that uses the stock RX3 caliper.

It may be a few days before I can try mounting the rotor on my RX3. But I do note that the kit uses a floating rotor style, with approximately 12.5 inch diameter. In comparison, the kit that CSC sells appears to use a non-floating rotor with an 11.5 inch diameter. So the kit NZ sourced uses a heavier, larger diameter rotor. The bracket in NZ's kit is pretty simple and a bit clunky looking, whereas a friend commented to me that the CSC kit included a nicely machined bracket. NZ included bolts for the mounting in his kit, but the CSC kit also includes new brake pads which NZ does not. I am not sure if the new brake pads in the CSC kit may be matched to the wider diameter of the rotor, or if they are just replacement pads for the stock caliper.

Presuming I have no mounting issues, NZ's kit should be a big improvement over the stock brakes. It's less than half the cost of CSC's kit including shipping. But the CSC kit would be a lighter option and may be more refined.

Further comments once I mount the kit.

Thanks to NZ for giving us this option.