Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #1

XXX Motorsports good. ODFL, not so much

XXX Motorsports has done their part well so far, but their shipping partner, Old Dominion Freight Lines has really disappointed me--for several days in a row now...

My tracking initialled estimated that it would arrive Friday, I waited around all day for that and it didn't come. I wasn't too bothered by it because, hey, Friday was an ESTIMATE. It has at least reached it's last destination (Pendergrass, GA) before my home, and it was apparently on the dock, so I had Monday to look forward to, as Pendergrass is only about 45 minutes away. Monday came and my tracking reported "Out for local delivery." I spent another ENTIRE DAY waiting by the door, making sure I didn't go anywhere so I could be here to sign for it an all. Around 6 PM I started thinking that surely this was outside of business hours and they wouldn't be delivering to me this late. 7:00- out for local delivery. 8:00- out for local delivery. 9:00- Unloading in Pendergrass, GA. "WTF?!" So I called the Pendergrass office and they explained that they had come by my house but decided that it would be too difficult to maneuver the 40' truck in the area and that they would bring it on a box truck tomorrow.

Tomorrow is now today and about 30 minutes ago I got a call from the truck driver.
"Hi Zachary, I need directions to your house to deliver you shipment from The Scooter Store"
"Okay great, if your coming from..."
"Okay, is there going to be room for me to turn around a 40 foot rig there?"
"What?"

He then explained that he was driving the exact same type of truck that had come by my house yesterday, but that he would leave them a note to remind them to put it on a box truck tomorrow.

I have a trailer than can handle 300lbs and a van that can pull it. What I don't have is a week to sit on my ass waiting by the door. Maybe I should just drive down to Pendergrass and pick it up myself or something if they can't manage to get it on the right kind of truck.

Am I wrong to be really pissed about this? I wasn't rude to the driver of course, I know it's nothing he's done, but I almost feel like I ought to get back some money or something if I'm going to take off four days in a row to sit and wait.

Anyone else have similar troubles?

Edit: and another peeve. All these extra loading and unloading and driving it back and forth is unfortunately widening the margin for shipping damage and further hassle. Wouldn't I have to pay to ship it back if it did get broken?