Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2022, 11:43 AM   #31

Just so EVERYONE KNOWS (here in PA)...

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to tell everyone that (OFFICIALLY) I am NOW LEGAL in PA. I live in the Harrisburg area (Camp Hill actually).

As some of you have seen from my last posts, I have had a hell of a time just getting this bike (an X22R) delivered to my house.

Then I was worried that once I got my bike I might have a hard time (or even an impossible one) getting the bike registered and plated here in PA. I was worried sick that I wouldn't be able to get the bike legal (here) in PA and would have to find an alternative route to get it registered (possibly in someplace else) to a point where I could drive it here (or even anywhere else).

After all this worry and fear, I can honestly say that the amount of time that I spent at PA Auto License Brokers was a HUGE weight off my shoulders. Thanks PA Auto License Brokers... You guys rock...

I went to PA Auto License Brokers (on the Carlisle Pike) and they did ALL the paperwork for me and even gave me a NEW license plate (woo-hoo)... I am NOW LEGAL here in PA...

If you live in (or even NEAR) the Harrisburg, PA area, I highly recommend PA Auto License Brokers. Altogether it took me about 1/2 an hour to do ALL the paperwork and the young lady who took care of me (I wish I knew her name) was super helpful and friendly... Give them a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed, I know I wasn't...

Here is the rundown on what I paid for, based on my bike selling for $2,449.99. If your bike was more than mine, than it might cost you a little more money...

I Hope this helps...

Joe...

==========================

If the purchase price is $2,449.99 these will be the fees:

$146.99 – sales tax,
$21.00 – registration fee,
$5.00 – county fee,
$58.00 – title fee,
$46.00 – Our fee,
$10.00 – electronic processing, and
$17.00 – plate fee.

This comes out to a total of $303.99.

First of all we will need either an out-of-state title, or MSO (Certificate Of Origin). Plus Proof Of Insurance (Hard Copy).

These will need to be filled out correctly by your seller. We will take a look at these documents when you come in. Next we will need your Pennsylvania Driver's License or State ID. As well as Pennsylvania Motorcycle Insurance.

Finally, the motorcycle's VIN will need to be verified either by us (the bike would need to be present) or a PA Inspection Mechanic on an MV-41.

I have attached that form here, if needed. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me. or call us back at (717)-691-6720

Monday – Tuesday & Thursday = 9:00 – 6:45
Wednesday & Friday = 9:00 – 4:45
Saturday = 9:00 – 12:45

6483 Carlisle Pike #104,
Mechanicsburg, PA. 17050
(on the Left PAST the Aldi’s Store…)

Old 05-04-2022, 08:25 PM   #32

Just note that a title transfer is not the same as getting a new bike registered for the first time. The notary (messenger in Monroevile) was not the issue - they were great - got a plate and a temporary registration right way. The issue was w the state. They rejected it as the national database they use for VIN was returning a whole different bike/manufacturer that was not street legal. Called CSC and they realized it was entered wrong into national database. They redid it. After a few days, I checked the database and it was updated correctly. I had to resubmit it all and the state eventually approved it. On a side note, Valley Motorcycle in East McKeesport inspected it.

Old 02-06-2023, 08:50 AM   #33

PA registration problems...

Hi,

I'm not sure where in PA you're located (I'm in the ((Camp Hill)) Harrisburg area) and I have an X22R that I got registered without any problems.

I've included a previous post of what I did to get my bike registered in PA. You might want to do the same...

Good luck...

Joe...

Hello Everyone,

I see that some people are still having problems registering their Chinese bikes in PA. I too thought that I would have problems registering my Venom X22R, but I was wrong. I took my bike (unregistered ((but WITH Insurance)) and with NO LICENSE PLATE - with a buddy covering my rear end) and ALL my paperwork to PA Auto License Brokers (on the Carlisle Pike before the Walmart store) and they took care of everything for me... Thanks again PA Auto License Brokers...

I posted a notice here back in June 2020 describing everything that I went through when I went to PA Auto License Brokers to register my bike. I will post another copy here so anyone can read about my experiences with them, and see how easy (and painless) the whole process really was...

Now whether or not this covers other makes and models of Chinese bikes, I have no idea, but it should be a simple thing to find out by calling PA Auto License Brokers on the phone and asking them about it. They are SUPER FRIENDLY and KNOWLEDGEABLE so they should be able to help answer any questions you might have... Give them a call and find out...

Here is my previous post that I made back in June 2020... I hope this helps... Take care...

========================

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to tell everyone that (OFFICIALLY) I am NOW LEGAL in PA.

As some of you have seen from my last posts, I have had a hell of a time just getting this bike delivered to my house.

Then I was worried that once I got my bike I might have a hard time (or even an impossible one) getting the bike registered and plated here in PA. I was worried sick that I wouldn't be able to get the bike legal (here) in PA and would have to find an alternative route to get it registered (someplace else) to a point where I could drive it here (or even anywhere else).

After all this worry and fear, I can honestly say that the amount of time I spent at PA Auto License Brokers was a HUGE weight off my shoulders. Thanks PA Auto License Brokers... You guys rock...

I went to PA Auto License Brokers (on the Carlisle Pike) and they did ALL the paperwork for me and even gave me a NEW license plate (woo-hoo)... I am NOW LEGAL here in PA...

If you live in (or even NEAR) Harrisburg, PA I highly recommend PA Auto License Brokers. Altogether it took me about 1/2 an hour to do ALL the paperwork and the young lady who took care of me was super helpful and friendly... Give them a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed, I know I wasn't...

Here is the rundown on what I paid for, based on my bike selling for $2,449.99. If your bike was more than mine, than it might cost you more money...

Hope this helps...

Joe...

==========================

If the purchase price is $2,449.99 these will be the fees:

$146.99 – sales tax,
$21.00 – registration fee,
$5.00 – county fee,
$58.00 – title fee,
$46.00 – Our fee,
$10.00 – electronic processing, and
$17.00 – plate fee.

This comes out to a total of $303.99.

First of all we will need either an out-of-state title, or MSO (Certificate Of Origin). Plus Proof Of Insurance (Hard Copy).

These will need to be filled out correctly by your seller. We will take a look at these documents when you come in. Next we will need your Pennsylvania driver's license or state ID. As well as Pennsylvania motorcycle insurance.

Finally, the motorcycle's VIN will need to be verified either by us (the bike would need to be present) or a PA inspection mechanic on an MV-41.

I have attached that form here, if needed. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me. or call us back at (717)-691-6720

Monday – Tuesday & Thursday = 9:00 – 6:45
Wednesday & Friday = 9:00 – 4:45
Saturday = 9:00 – 12:45

6483 Carlisle Pike #104, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
On the left PAST the Aldi’s Store…