Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #1

From Rhino to Bull - Dealer Wants To Sell My Rhino!

Well sometimes you find out after the fact that you need a different machine. Now I think realize why almost all quads are auto. I've never had any kind of bike for utility work before, and for what we need, the constant clutching is just gonna be too much hassle, plus it's clear that a 150cc will pull the firewood, chips, mulch, dirt etc. just fine from what I've read. Shout out to JerryHawk and Weldandgrind especially on the 150's

Here's the opportunity I have. Dealer nearby sells tons of Tao's and constantly has guys coming in looking for 250 or bigger AND asking if he has any used. They sell all bikes / quads used on consignment 15% commission, and he thinks they'd flip it real fast. With the big mark-up they put on new, I might be able to get as much or even a little more than I paid buying online. Sounds like I can get a new Bull from him for not much more out of pocket at the end of the day. I think this is the way to go, especially seeing my wife will use this as much or more than me. She REALLY likes the idea of the change.

That said, any advise for what I might need to know about the Bull 150? I believe this is the best one to go with to get something with decent pull and keep the $$ down. Do these come a little lower geared stock than the Rhino? Any other input / tips?

Old 05-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #2

I think you will be happy with the 150. I never really paid attention to what sprockets came with mine. I never had any problems pulling or dragging anything. I can tell you this much. Last summer we took all our toys with us on vacation and did some off road trail riding. we had some friends tat came with us and they doubled up on the Coolster 150. They are both well over 220 lbs and had no problems climbing some of the steep hills. I'm sure if you wanted more towing power you could swap out sprockets.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-05-2018, 12:33 AM   #3

HAHA 440+ pounds and climbing!? I'd say that's a pretty indication that you are correct - we should be happy with it. These are the kinds of real, on the ground stories I like to hear. Manufacturers have to set very conservative written limits for the obvious liabilities, so it's always great to hear what they're REALLY capable of!

Tags
150cc, bull, pulling, rhino, utility