Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #1

what dirtbike is my lifan dual sport a copy of

I have a 2006 Lifan g15 dual sport 150cc enduro ,lf150-gy3a,.I thought I knew what is a copy of but I don't and I was wondering if people that know motorcycles could help me on what this is a copy of . I would like to know so I can get brand parts to swap over .I have a honda cg copy 150cc engine with a 5 speed . thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150815_122740.jpg (87.8 KB, 564 views)
File Type: jpg 20150815_123117.jpg (92.9 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg Message_14385406972421.jpg (104.2 KB, 651 views)

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Old 09-12-2015, 07:40 PM   #2

Lifan was kind of the original China bike that others copied off of. One brand that comes to mind from the mid-2000's was Hi Bird. I think they were subcontractors for Lifan in China who self-branded and sent a bunch of bikes that were near identical to the GY-3. There were quite a few brands that were near identical to your bike, including some lines manufactured by Zongshen, all from the early to later 2000's. Roketa enduros should be similar, if not near identical, from the same era.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-12-2015, 10:12 PM   #3

Ok so is it there design then? Or did they rip it off from a japanese bike for seventies? Im swapping parts from hondas lately, a swingarm off cr500 fits and extends the swingarm 3 inches so . It would be great for drag or hillclimb bike now I'm going to fit a swing arm from suzuki bandit so it can fit the wheels in there and brakes as well.

I know people are going to hate me for saying this but 150cc cg is perfect for turbo. I found out that in Brazil they street race cg 125 bikes and I seen some videos of turbo 150cc titan bikes that really moved and I seen how they did it. Now I'm not going to stop building my xr200r cause its got a six speeds and a performance to get to 30hp. I have to get the head worked on this cg done like stainless valves and retainers,ported polished exhaust port ,polished combustion chamber (I found someone that has ported a cg clone head and gave me the pointers about its strengths and weaknesses) then Im going to deck the head to raise compression . The guy said about how to get a little more lift, taking some off and something I have it wrote down. Im going buy another head and piston for the turbo .I think I can lower compression with a couple head gaskets and race fuel.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #4

My 150 is a copy of the Lifan. You'll notice, when comparing to other GY bikes, that the front axle is mounted to the bottom of the forks and the brake caliper is on the right side. The later models have the axle mounted on the front of the forks and the caliper on the left. Those are about the only differences I've spotted.

I haven't used any Honda parts on it but I've put on a lot of parts that were for other GY series bikes (coil, CDI, carb, spokes, sprockets, etc.). The 150 and 200CC bikes and a lot of the 229CC bikes are all about the same except for the bore and stroke of the engine.

Old 09-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #5

Ok I see what your saying ,I can put that cr500 swingarm in but that means no wheelies or that stuff. I want to play around and go on roadtrips .

Old 09-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #6

I doubt that you're bike is a copy of anything specific; it's more of an amalgamation. I'm guessing that the frame is very close to the early '80's Honda XR200 (not the R version), just like mine is. Check out my findings: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=12613

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-14-2015, 01:53 AM   #7

the only difference I see is that mine has the mono shock in the back, the xr250 fits too AND IS ALUMINIUM! The cr500 one I bought is a little long maybe 3 inches but with adjusters I think it will fit. Good write up ,

Can you flip a swingarm over and use it?

Last edited by demidestructo; 09-14-2015 at 11:58 AM.