Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2018, 01:27 AM   #1

Hello from the mountains of n. Ga

HELLO ALL,

Just wanted to say hello, glad to find others who Ride Chinese Dirt Biles as well. I bought 2 - 110cc for my boys (Coolster 110cc) and picking up my Apollo 250cc in 5 weeks from Dirt Cheap Motorsports in Cumming GA in a few weeks. Really excited about it and hope the Forum can help with any issues.

Any advice on owning Chinese Bikes would be great!

Also, why did everyone else by Chinese?

Was it cost like my self?

What do you think of the Bikes?

My boys love them and I think I will as well!!!

Great to meet everyone!!!

Old 01-28-2018, 01:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDECHINADIRT View Post
HELLO ALL,

Just wanted to say hello, glad to find others who Ride Chinese Dirt Biles as well. I bought 2 - 110cc for my boys (Coolster 110cc) and picking up my Apollo 250cc in 5 weeks from Dirt Cheap Motorsports in Cumming GA in a few weeks. Really excited about it and hope the Forum can help with any issues.

Welcome. Don't trust them, go over every bolt and check it twice, then ride
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-28-2018, 01:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the advice, already have the Locktite ready to go.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLTIDECHINADIRT View Post
HELLO ALL,

Welcome!

Advice. What Blackbike said, but expanded with - medium loctite said bolts.
Also, check the front and rear wheel trueness and/or tighten the spokes before you ride it. Replace the fluids. Grease the pivot points and coat the axles with a marine grade grease (waterproof) and if you have the gumption - grease the head stock bearings as well.

Why did I buy Chinese? A mix of reasons. I've owned a bunch of bigger, more expensive, and "serious" bikes, and I kind of wanted something cheap and practical as an alternative to ride over my 43 year old Goldwing for short around town trips and a little dirt road/light trail riding. It's also quite a freeing experience to ride something that you just don't worry too much about damaging it.

What do I think of the bikes? I think they do offer great value for money as long as you are realistic about the potential issues, and proactive to avoid said issues. The parts are silly cheap, so even when something goes wrong it doesn't cost half a paycheck to repair. They are easy to work on too, making said repairs an easy job in most cases. I also think you need a little bit of a sense of humor - the kind that doesn't take things too seriously - to own them. Take care of them and they take care of you though, my Hawk 250 has already paid for itself IMHO.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 01-28-2018, 10:31 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum. I grew up near Peachtree City.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:42 PM   #6

Greetings!

Welcome to the forum! I’m originally from Savannah, Ga. Nice to see more Georgia folks! I bought my Hawk to commute to work. Mind you, work is about 15 minutes away, but parking is another story! Like MegaDan said, Parts are inexpensive. I would hate to leave work and see my expensive motorcycle laying on its side. I decided on a Dual Sport because I didn’t have one. I was looking for a good used one, when I ran across some Chinese bikes. I lurked around here for a while and decided on a Hawk.

Enjoy the Ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 01-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #7

Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-29-2018, 11:24 AM   #8

Welcome! I make it down to N GA occasionally. I usually stay at TWoS. I have a hawk which is licensed for the road, so I am doing back road touring.

as for why we bought chinese? we're all cheap-azz bastads!

Old 01-29-2018, 06:16 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum! I recently moved to Phoenix, AZ from Carrollton, GA. I can tell you the riding weather out here is much better than the weather in GA right now. I would say follow the advice you've been given so far (loctite, grease, minor upgrades, etc) and these bikes will give you years of cost effective fun. I've had my Hawk for well over a year now, and it's my go-to machine for around town errands. While there's not much in the way of dealer support or maintenance shops, there are enough helpful people on the forums to make any job a DIY project and certainly no limits on how extreme your mods can get. Also, you won't be worried about voiding any kind of warranty doing your own maintenance as warranties are non-existent for these bikes. As previously mentioned, if you take care of it, it'll take care of you. Happy riding!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 01-29-2018, 11:12 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum! The reason I chose Chinese is because I've owned several of the regular bikes such as ninjas, rebels, etc. I got tired of riding the same thing as everyone else and wanted to get a sense of adventure out of the type of bike I owned. It's just so interesting to get a bike for so cheap and see what you can get out of and what you can do to it. And as much as other bikers don't want to admit it they are usually genuinely curious about them and are the topic of conversation wherever you take them.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*