Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #1

I made myself a toy

I need a snow machine to haul my gear a few hundred feet across the river to my camp ,if and when it freezes .Anyways ,while looking around ,I came across the Snowdog ,which is a little Russian thing that they are now selling in North America ,that looked like it would work perfectly for my needs .Anyways ,no dealers here ,and a little over $5000.00 for a new one ,My buddy and I decided to build our own ,first would be a test mule ,then after making sure it works ,I will fab some up for real .Anyways ,$100.00 later ,this is what we came up with ,and it works awesome .We used a 1972 moto ski snowmobile ,removed the original engine and front end ,welded up some handlebars ,installed a 6 hp Chonda clone from a Baja warier minibike ,and that was pretty much it .It goes 20 ish mph,and has hauled 2 sleds full of bodies so far ,the Russians show them hauling 5 sleds ,5bodies and ice fishing gear and I think there is no reason it wouldn’t do that easily .Still has a few bugs to iron out but mainly they are throttle hook up ,the aircraft cable currently in use freezes to the steel brake line when parked outside overnight .I rode it home from my buddies an hour ago ,and already have two offers to buy it from me ,not ready to sell it yet ,but when I have another one going it can be down the road right away .Pics are of my buddy ,notice the crappy yellow rope throttle ?that worked great but we decided to use steel cable .We didn’t bother chopping the runningboards off of the sled yet or trying to make it look good ,we just wanted to use it as our mule .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 271409E5-8651-47F3-9C9E-85A79A77CFDD.jpg (14.0 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg EF6356C5-B35F-451C-B345-205BF515D0C4.jpg (19.7 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg 0E79EF69-781C-4539-B76F-BCA320E6E9C7.jpg (11.7 KB, 269 views)