Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2015, 07:48 AM   #46

It takes a lot of courage to share ones challenges and I admire that. I really wished we could have worked the ride home out together. We would have gotten along swimmingly. Unfortunately I still have to work to pay the bills at this time and am on a very short leash as far as time off. God speed and I'll keep you in my prayers.

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #47
Banned

WOW! Thanks everyone!

In a battle in war, I've read the prime motivator is to protect and be there for your buddies fellow warriors.
I appreciate that you guys are there for me, and honestly feel kindred spirits are "with me" re this situation.
Of course, I already felt that way due to choices we made, or are making re our motorcycle ownership and or riding, but the medical issues are, of course, a bit more....um , ENGAGING hehe I guess is my best way of expressing how I feel.
Yesterday was ESPECIALLY difficult for me for some reason, and when I took my AM dose, it really just slammed me and energy reserves just "went away" i mean EVAPORATED! Of course, all the deductables, tests, Dr Visits with co ays, meds 6 at the resent time daily, plus 5 more used "as needed" or when symptoms/problems occourr.

SO, there is a LOT of stress for cash flow, work stamina, (NOT!,and work, period.
FORTUNATELY, I have some unbelievable customers I am working for/with this month. The three persons have been unrreal with patience (miss days from time to time for nausea, fatigue, Dr appts, MRI/Biopsies, etc, etc.)
ALL of them have hung in WITH me, and I should finish the Geo thermal HVAC job today or tomorrow!Woo hoo.
It was a mess also, when I cam into the job..leaks 14, on multiple floors (3) + basement, and the last guy didn't isolate the water flow with ANY gate/ball valves whatsoever. Also didn't use PEX pipe, but unreal expensive copper in 1"!! ALL joints soldered, which, of course in 7 yrs work hardened thus leaks everywhere, and more monthly happening! That also causes electrolysis as the pipe is a superconductor of electricity!. The stray power in this case ate the compressor coils, and thus ruined the central unit. It SHOULD last 20+ yrs, warranty for 10 (excepting incorrect installation, of course, which this is for the unfortunate owner.)
The original unit is unrepairable as well, as it will leak elsewhere if the existing leak is repaired, and new compressor was installed. All water lines now are full of compressor oil AND freon residues, of course, an environmental terror situation, with no known solution..att least not in any guide book for installers I know of, or have. Any suggestions would be welcomed!! absolutely!

I digress, sorry..back to subject

All and any good wishes, positive thoughts, and especially prayers are MUCH appreciated!!
ANyway, perhaps my reason for needing this ride and associated incentive to stay the treatment course, is a bit better understood. ALso, anyone else having difficulties, and or life issues weighting them down, can see another passionate, lifelong, motorcyclists struggles with lifes challenges, and maybe feel a bit different (hopefully better! about their situation, and the hope tomorrow will be a bit better! Which, I must accept (and have) is really all we can do, and the best life has to offer at this juncture!..and, as my 85 yr old, and thankfully, healthy (Moms Garden..the tiller?!, Dad told me, beats HELL out of the alternative...for now! hehe Checking out plant roots..from below! isn't or rather doesn't seem appealing..especially as compared to cruising on my RX-3 through the Rockies and or tail of the Dragon and Blue Ridge PKway!! woo hoo!

Ok gotta get ready to eat, take meds:(, and go to work..., with work being the highlightof the morning.
Thanks everyone, and have a Blessed and great day. Prayers and good thoughts , back at ya...

Old 01-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #48

On the Geotherm HVAC project, what is the subfloor material? Has concrete been poured over the copper?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #49
Banned

Weld, existing home.. Concrete poured (over pex) thankfully! 8 yrs ago.

Rip off installation. ALL copper Geo circulation INSIDE?!!? home, PEX outside and to manifold/intercooler. Old plumber charged t & M and soldered seems like 500 joints. Now, work hardened, leaking (into trash cans and buckets), probably $10-15,000 of copper (3 floors), and fittings work hardening b/c no flex, NOT ONE flex joint, in the entire system inside thats 100% soldered copper 1" tubing!
The unit I'm installing is BAD ASS. Titanium coils at compressor.
Owner was frustrated when I arrived, but happy now, as he sees correcting what he sees wrong, but was allowed due to "experts" perception.
I think, using the switchable desuperheater function on this 4 ton unit, it can heat or cool the home. The power bill is too high, IMHO at 400 a month. He has hydronic floor heat, ALL GEO, and foam EVERYWHERE as it was his side business a few yrs ago. It would be 100.00 if SIPPS. SO (more foam than the std 4" walls, & 6" roof), HAS to drop to $100.00. (probably less, as the system had air everywhere, before (leaks)!

Old 01-29-2015, 08:08 PM   #50
Banned

OOPS, again

Damn, Sorry, I am OFF TOPIC..Hijacked my own thread! woo hoo! Jeez!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:48 PM   #51

If you're inclined to start a new thread on the Geotherm topic, I'm sure that several of us would be interested. Pics would be awesome.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-29-2015, 11:54 PM   #52

Will access to the lines allow you to crimp and seal them at appropriate lengths and then cut out the sections for disposal in an approved landfill site?

Old 01-31-2015, 12:08 PM   #53
Banned

Great Idea, re new Green ENERGY thread and Geo rebuild!

Starting that next. Please chime in with any suggestions, criticism, questions, etc. I learn new stuff on every job! Thanks for the GREAT idea.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Your comments are not the least bit inappropriate. We are very glad you joined us; you are among kindred souls. I wish you continued success in your battle against your illness, and I will remember you in my prayers.
+1000!! Hearing your story and reading about your plans for rides is inspiring!

I will ensure I stay up to date on your plans for your trip back from CA as it gets closer to the bikes being delivered to the States to see what we can work out. I'm hoping I can be a bit more flexible with my time, but it depends on what my boss agrees to and I can't present a plan to him until I have a bit more information regarding timing.
'02 Yamaha YZF 600 - dirty
'15 CSC RX-3 Cyclone - orange

Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 AM   #55
Banned

OK Great!

The more the merrier, Ms. Since we all pretty much are new to our bikes and are learning their capabilities and characteristics together and they are all matched in performance, differences being rider skills only, we should all be pretty close in pace of riding, what is usually not fun (to me) if one bike has to constantly wait on a much slower bike/rider or conversely, (someone has to attempt to override the bike or their skill/comfort level constantly) in order not to delay the majority of the group trying to ride together. As an "organizer" situation 2 worries about them crashing and or getting hurt! Situation one, well, they kinda need to just chill, and or ride on ahead, and then maybe loop back if wanting to stay with the group overall, at night, meals, etc. If we all use GPS and have cellphones, we should be GTGo for meeting up at some mutually agreed time and place.

Doubtfull we have that many riders anyway, and if we had say 8 to start, and two groups kind of separated due to speed of riding/time frame to get home, the BEST thing, is to split into smaller groups, after exchanging phone and contact info. Probably, even over the entire ride, there would only be a hundred to 250 miles of separation, if anyone needed assistance from another rider in the other subgroup.

This is a VERY small chance to be an issue, BUT thats what makes rides like this easier, less stressfull, and help sell bikes afterward. As long as ALL riders can complete the ride reasonably close to what they want to, and everyone stays positive and helpfull, its good PR, and GREAT fun, with beautiful memories. Hopefully, many of "those little pictures" the Jamaican woman dying in "Meet Joe Black" told Brad Pitts character when he visited her right before she died, as she, as a human being counseled HIM, the reaper's character on what we DO take with us...
GREAT and IMHO beautiful movie and story for those who missed it back in the mid 1990's...

This trip will let me know both how far I've come, physically , and also give me an idea of what I, possibly, can hope to get back to get close to what I would be at 58 yrs old normally, without having this disease cut into my life. I SHOULD be back to becoming stronger from exertion, rather than just getting more and more tired from physical activity! which is opposite from an athletes experiences normally. Definitely a SHOCK to try to accomodate when I didn't know what was wrong (before diagnosed).

Thanks everyone for the prayers, positive messages and thoughts, and helpfull advice.I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can at CSC and bike delivery, and even better rides in the future, and hopefully CSC Cyclone owners annual at least, regional get togethers. I want to plan one at Deals Gap, tail of the Dragon for 2016, if the treatment is successfull, and there is enough interest for East Coast riders to make it worth while. Maybe do it WITh another motorcycle ADV group, like Honda CRF 250L, or all 250 Adv set up bikes, even better. Suggestions are needed and wanted as well...if its interesting maybe another thread for it? Again need to gauge interest probably after the new wears off a bit and we get a little bored, install some Farkles to show off etc.

We could ride the Blue Ridge parkway (breathtaking in that area!) and use Deals Gap area as a "base camp". There are LOTS of things and places within a hundred or so miles Blowing Rock, Grandfather Mt. (Tail of the Dragon, BR Pkway, and LOTS of fantastic roads besides those, many Nat and state parks, Watauga lake and Falls, etc.

ANyway, doesn't hurt to have incentives and plans!

Old 02-27-2015, 11:32 PM   #56

I kept asking if anyone was flying/riding their bike home on the RX3 thread down below, but no one answered--I will be in L.A. on March 27th, 28th, and 29th for a horror convention called Monsterfest. If the bikes are in, and it happens around that time, let me know because I used to live in L.A. and can show you guys around. I still haven't ruled out riding my TMEC 200 out there, so we can really ride around showing who's boss(es) on Chinese bikes! I know no one knows the exact date, but let me know if you were planning to pick up your bike in the first place. The dates might not 'jive' anyway, but if so, that should provide for a fun-filled weekend.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #57
Banned

Calcune, thanks. I will let you know if this works out, as this would be way cool for me and a BIG help, also not getting lost! I'm trying to resolve the "authorized service centers" CSC has said they have or are setting up for those unwilling to do their own work. Its been brought to my attention by PM's , CSC is ignoring other peoples emails re this as well as mine, and I've emailed them multiple times re this with no response, but gotten responses to other issues I emailed about, especially re buying accessories etc. They need to do this ASAP, or retract that statement, IMHO. I'm not sending ANY more $ or going out to take delivery of my preorder unless this gets addressed, satisfactorily, AND I'm also watching how the Honley sprocket/chain issue gets handled (and how long it takes to get it resolved)!

Thankfully, thats not me at CSC trying to set my bike up before the long cross country ride! (and only trying all of csc's inventory to see if one MAY be close enough to fit w/o the mistake so I can ride home!) or worse, after I left CSC!

Old 03-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #58
Banned

Ride is off, for me, at this point.

Due to concerns I have addressed on other proper forum threads, this ride for me, anyway, isn't feasable at this time. If the situation changes re:

1: knowing shop rate CSC will pay (and its reasonable enough that I feel reasonably confident I can get a shop to work for that amount, and

2: I find another source for parts rather than CSC in case their batch they are getting in with the bikes has the issues those bikes parts have, I won't be stuck on my ride back home (if any, of course). I asked all these questions, after making clear what I was planning, why I was concerned, and what I needed to feel better and make the ride (a labor rate they will pay for work, and the list they currently pay from (hours charged for work done for their scooter type bikes selling currently.) since they are busy now, this would give a reference to use until they have time and or decide others are needed to sell and service the bikes parts. It would ALSO give me something to argue with (whomever the party being unreasonable), whether the dealer or CSC, and let me know who I had the problem with, not guessing BOTH as is reality, IMHO. Why not, if you intend to offer to pay for others to work, at least not post it up for reference? Its is necessary, IMHO, and I guarantee, is going to cause grief to some purchasers if they are new riders, or not already experienced with bike repairs, especially dealers antics, or at a mimnimum, maintainance. To subject a new rider to that (put him in the middle of dealer and csc with no reference to be able to force someone to do something they promised they were doing already, when you put cash down, but were in fact, not planning to do, even) is insuring he goes bye bye rapidly, IMHO.
I also invited a response to what labor rate will you pay me to do warranty on MY bike. It will need to be negotiated by each individual in each situation. OK what about in a widespread type issue, a recall type scenario? A: "We don't even have the bikes yet. We rode these bikes extensively here, HARD without issue". That is shortsighted, at best. Its also not what I read when I read sales and warranty explanations on their site. Thats why I want to pay the shipping, and ride it locally, first.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #59

I completely understand. I was/am still thinking of riding my enduro to L.A., leaving on Thursday March 26, and stopping at Excalibur, and possibly, CSC. I would also need the Monday, March 30, to ride home, so I could stop at the one I did not stop at on the way to L.A. on the way back to Yuma. If I don't find the sense of adventure, I will rent a car; plus I plan to take several cameras so the bike is losing favor quickly!

L.A. traffic is unforgiving, too, on any bike, let alone a 200...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
L.A. traffic is unforgiving, too, on any bike, let alone a 200...
I bet! I can't imagine riding a 200 through LA traffic.