Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Reviews

Old 10-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #61

74MPG last tank. Not bad for mostly dirt and lots of climbing.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #62

Totally acceptable for that engine size.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #63

THat is a nice looking scooter! Does it handle all right on gravel and dirt?

Old 07-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjn View Post
THat is a nice looking scooter! Does it handle all right on gravel and dirt?
Sorry. Just saw your question. Yes, it does seem to handle quite well. It is small and agile.

Just started riding again for the year and my first two tanks were 76 and 79 MPG. Just did my 500 mile oil change and all looked good. Should be close to being broke in now.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #65

Anyone think this Cougar Cycle Zoma is a MC-31-150 under different livery?

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Old 08-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #66

Def a cool lil scooter...i started re reading this thread after looking into the BWS 50 for the Fiancee to learn how to ride on and if only it was possible to get one of these lil guys up here in canada it would be nice!
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 08-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratermus View Post
Anyone think this Cougar Cycle Zoma is a MC-31-150 under different livery?

If I were to guess it is probably a Jonway too. Nice looking scooter with the graphics. Looks more like the Asian models.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #68

Wow! Almost a year since the last update. Scooter is still doing great. Only problem I have had is that the cancel button on the turn signal switch popped off and the muffler now has a pretty good rattle at certain RPM's.

I have played with the variator some and now have a solid 50 mph. Just received some more rollers and sliders and hoping to get a bit more. I think the next step is larger carb and exhaust. I may even order in a head and try a port and polish too.

I never checked the valve clearances since I have had it. At 1300 miles I figured I had better. Valves did not even need adjustment! Now that is impressive.....

No adventures lately just in town and work trips. I am looking at doing some scamping next year though. Just need to get some light weight gear and talk my son into going. Going to make up some panniers for extra storage. Oh, I did add a trunk and a aftermarket electronic speedometer that has speed, RPM, ODO, Trip, and Time. The speed is calibratable so now I know my real speed. Old speedo was off by as much a 8 MPH.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #69

Just another update. When I parked the scooter for the winter I had 1600 miles showing. The winter here has been record setting for snow and cold. Been under freezing temps here since just before Christmas. Had a warm day yesterday so I figured I would start the scooter and let it run a bit. Started right up! Yes it is still the original crappy ;-) Chinese battery.

Looking forward to some more scooter time this summer.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:48 AM   #70

What is the WMI of your Roketa?

I just purchased an "MC-31-150" from Powersportsmax which implied a Roketa manufacture. But my scooter's VIN begins with LLP which is clearly Jiajue manufacture (2015 model). I have to say, the overall quality seems quite good -- reminiscent of Japanese quality of the 1970s. I am curious if your bike and mine are basically the same regardless of how they have been sold and branded here in the USA.

One curious thing of note: my rear swing arm has mounting points for a rear disk brake caliper -- something I might take advantage of in the future.

M