Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion

Old 02-26-2015, 11:41 PM   #1

Anyone looking for CNC Anodized Aluminum Parts?

Without getting into too much detail and technical stuff, I have access to various CNC machines which can produce large scale as well as small batch aluminum and stainless steel parts.

CNC machined parts are usually machined from T6 aluminum and then anodized in various colors, as seen in the pic above for reference. FYI... when it comes to cars (parts in the photo above) T6 aluminum parts are approximately 70% lighter than the OEM cast iron or steel parts they replace. This weight reduction can be beneficial for several reasons.

I'm curious to see if the forum members here have any need or desire for cool little parts that we could build for our bikes?

Any ideas? Please post pics and details if you can.

Last edited by NSTMIKE; 02-27-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:08 AM   #2

Very cool! I generally stay away from bling, but I like weight savings. I'll give that some thought.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
Banned

Same here

If there are some parts we can save some weight with and cost is appropriate for whatever function it does, I'm in also. I have no idea what CNC stuff costs though. Perhaps you could give us an example? I want folding shift and brake levers, and haven't found any yet for the RX-3 on order, but I haven't spent a whole lot of time looking...any idea if those would be doable and or feasable?