Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2015, 01:32 AM   #31

been working on Yamaha atv and the HI Bird fixed the gas tank with sealer should fix it . I changed the oil in the HI Bird 250 on the other side of the motor are two plugs one on top the other on the bottom and one know what they are for ? Would they be for the trans if so what oil do I use ?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0336.jpg (88.4 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0337.jpg (91.4 KB, 104 views)

Old 04-11-2015, 11:12 AM   #32

The cap is the first pic will reveal the cleanable oil filter and spring. Just clean the filter with a blast of WD-40, and make sure there are no holes. When you reinstall it, the rubber end of the filter goes in first, followed by the spring and then the cap.

The caps in the second pic are for turning the crankshaft for setting the valves. The large cap on the vertical surface reveals the nut that you turn, and the top cap on the horizontal surface reveals the marks on the flywheel.

The engine and transmission share the same oil; this is referred to as a unit motor. When you add oil through the dipstick hole, it flows to the transmission and the engine.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #33

BTW, the cap on the vertical surface is the large oval chrome cap that is secured by four screws. When you're ready to try adjusting the valves, let us know.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #34

Weldangrind you came through again thank you. I used the very bottom plug to change the oil didn't know about that one big nut has a oil screen in it. Can I clean it and not loose any of the new oil I put in it? And would anyone know where I can get a manual for this thing?

thanks

Old 04-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickfe View Post
...Can I clean it and not loose any of the new oil I put in it?...where I can get a manual for this...

Remove centrifugal oil filter / swap clutch plates etc NEEDS this http://www.ebay.com/itm/151294063048 (Better prepared b4 too late | 20mm for horizontal Honda & clone | 24mm for vertical Honda & clone) tool
[/youtube]
---
Based on Honda CG125. http://josemaco.files.wordpress.com/...h-62ktjam5.pdf

Last edited by humanbeing; 08-17-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #36

Thanks HB!

The short answer to your question is no; you can't remove the screen and not lose oil. As a point of trivia, the Honda XR200 that has a very similar bottom end lacks a drain plug under the motor like yours has. The only way to drain an XR200 is by the filter hole.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #37

I thought I read somewhere about leaning the bike way over down on its side (gently and protected of course) and then you can remove and clean the screen without loosing any oil.

/

Old 04-13-2015, 01:40 AM   #38

Perhaps. I've never tried that, since I've always been changing the oil anyway. Oil is cheap, and it's only a litre.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #39

I will give it a try this weekend and see if that will work thanks .

Old 06-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #40

Well been working on 3 atv's have all 3 running now found out what was bad with the kasea Skyhawk 250 found a article about no start on Kazuma racing they said to take the black and white wire on the cdi out from it's clip. I have a 6 wire cdi one wire was black and pink the other black and white so I just jumped the black and pink to the cdi left the other one not hooked up. And boy it stated right wow . So now I might have to get a new kill switch lol. Thanks for all the help to.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:02 AM   #41

I do have another question I put two new carbs on the kasea Skyhawk 250cc what I would like to know is how do you a just them ? Is it just the same as a single carb? When it started I put my multimeter it has rpm meter on it and was idling at 750. I just left everything alone because it started lol.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:30 AM   #42

Quote:
...what was bad with the kasea Skyhawk 250 found a article about no start on Kazuma racing they said to take the black and white wire on the cdi out from it's clip. I have a 6 wire cdi one wire was black and pink the other black and white so I just jumped the black and pink ...
Chonda 233 twin (360 crank) use 1 of these:
CA250 (Rebel) http://www.sanxin.com.cn/Exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=13 | Zongshen 250 (w/ Side stand s/w) http://www.sanxin.com.cn/Exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=14 | CM125 (Bad ass costed it down by fitting these) http://www.sanxin.com.cn/Exhibit/exhview.asp?pid=11
Quote:
I do have another question I put two new carbs on the kasea .
Which type?

Old 06-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #43

It's the kill switch that is bad it has a brand new cdi on it. Thanks tho