Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #46

Center stand

i wouldn't worry bout it, I'm sure some excess chainlube may get slung down in that area

Old 06-28-2015, 12:56 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
I do have a tube of white lithium grease, I could try to squeeze some into place... That's probably better than doing nothing at all
You could also buy a can of spray grease, and shoot some in there. Also, whatever you're using for chain lube would work.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #48

Spray grease/lube was easier to try to deal with - not sure if it got where it needed to, but I suppose capillary action will help suck it in. I now need to practice getting the bike up on its center stand - or go hunting for some scrap lumber so I can make something to stick under the rear wheel as an assist

Old 07-01-2015, 01:10 AM   #49

Quote:
Spray grease/lube was easier to try to deal with - not sure if it got where it needed to, but I suppose capillary action will help suck it in. I now need to practice getting the bike up on its center stand - or go hunting for some scrap lumber so I can make something to stick under the rear wheel as an assist
Grab low and lift with your legs.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimarronEric View Post
Grab low and lift with your legs.
I know I'm naturally clumsy and just worried about dropping the thing. When I got it first installed, we popped it up on the stand (but more like my husband put it up on its stand), but I have not tried putting it on the stand since (or on my own)

Old 07-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #51

With my old '79 XS650 (many, many years ago), I was unable to get it on the center stand, despite being six feet, 170lbs and 18 years old. My friend's Dad, who was all of 5'6", 150lbs and 55 years old showed me the trick.

I was grasping at the bars and trying to pull back. He grabbed near the rear of the bike, with one hand on the rear rack and the other under the seat. The bike just rolled onto the stand as if told to do so.

Perhaps a similar technique would work for you.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #52

Thanks for the tip Weld, I just need to find the right place to grab and stand up - Likely it will involve grabbing the mounting rack for the pannier - will definitely share as I figure something out if *I* can manage to get the thing on the center stand, anyone should be able to

Old 07-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #53

There is no doubt that employing good technique will make the job much easier.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-04-2015, 02:23 PM   #54

Hello everyone, i also have the center stand but have not installed it yet. after seeing the picture of it installed not so sure now seems really low. has anyone had any issues with the ground clearance.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroads View Post
Hello everyone, i also have the center stand but have not installed it yet. after seeing the picture of it installed not so sure now seems really low. has anyone had any issues with the ground clearance.
If you look under your bike you'll see that the mounting bracket for the center stand is already there hanging down. It is the lowest portion of the fame and the center stand pivots up higher from there when in the up position. Installing the center stand on my bike only decreased ground clearance by maybe 1/8".
Yes I have bottomed out on large rocks and it banged pretty good. the Zong kept going with no apparent damage, rj

Old 07-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #56

Quote:
Thanks for the tip Weld, I just need to find the right place to grab and stand up - Likely it will involve grabbing the mounting rack for the pannier - will definitely share as I figure something out if *I* can manage to get the thing on the center stand, anyone should be able to
Something else occurred to me, Sprite. Focus more on pushing the stand down with your foot, than pulling the bike up. Perhaps that will help.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #57

Sprite also see #32 on page 3, that's what I had to do, rj

Old 07-21-2015, 10:13 AM   #58

Getting it Up

A few posters on this thread have discussed how to get the RX3 up on the CSC centerstand, including using a small wood "ramp" under the rear wheel.

Some posters apparently do not find this to be an issue.

But for me, the CSC centerstand was almost impossible to use. In part because there is no "leverage" possible with the foot "peg." I have had no problem getting much heavier bikes up on their stands, including my 580 pound Honda NT. But whether I gasped the RX3's grab handle or the crash bar in front of the sidecase, I just found getting the RX3 up to be a chore, requiring at minimum multiple tugs and grunts, and even getting bruises on my leg where it hit the guards.

So today I tried something different. I steadied the bike upright, with my foot holding the centerstand "peg" down and my left hand on the handlebar. Then with my right hand I reached forward to the lower engine guard, and pulled the bike backwards. Voila! I found this much easier. The bike pivoted around as I pulled back, so this technique should only be tried on pavement/concrete with space under the stand for it to shift around and with enough room so that as the rear of the bike pivots away from you, it won't hit anything.

I am also not certain if this technique puts excessive strain on the engine guard or the centerstand tabs. So try it at your own risk. But it worked for me once, and I expect to try it again, paying close attention to any possible bending.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:00 PM   #59

Thanks for the tip, Nova Rider - I haven't tried the center stand again any time recently but I will keep your method in mind when I do!

Old 08-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #60

centerstand woes

now for some reason my csc centerstand doesnt lift either end off the ground so its worthless..Banged it off a curb one time ,,maybe that has something to do with it ,,but it looks the same.