Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2022, 09:13 PM   #1

I finally."pulled the trigger"

I have been looking at the RX3 and RX4 motorcycles for a number of years. I was intrigued by the idea of an affordable motorcycle as long as it was reliable and would last for 50,000 miles or more. I have owned a number of Japanese bikes, and one Harley and am no fan of funding the Chinese communist party but the cost of the [even used] Japanese bikes (especially now) is not practical for me.

The price of diesel to fill my F250 is obscene, and I miss riding motorcycles. So, last week I ordered an RX4. I am hoping that it will be a good, dependable, reliable mode of transportation as well as a great escape in the mountains around here.

The RX4 should be here by at least 18 July. I am looking so forward to getting it and putting in miles and miles.

Old 06-26-2022, 01:36 AM   #2

Then welcome to the club LOL...congradulations ! ....
I have a 2021 CSC RX4 and I love the bike... but getting it to fit me has been a battle... I'm short and getting shorter in my old age !
I think you will find 2 things right off the bat that are a bit disturbing.... the idle and the weight.....
the idle on my bike at my altitude (3850'ASL) took about a week to finally settle down and that is to be expected the ECU takes a while to "TUNE in" the bike now idles fantastically and the response is immediate. I have no complaints on the motor at all....
the bike is raited at 450lbs by CSC but if that's the case that is the heaviest 450lbs I have ever tried to pick up off the ground ! and with the big gas tank most of that weight is high so the bike is heavy and top heavy all in one....
..... the ride is a rough one, it is not a soft street bike ride at all ( even though it weighs as much as a 750cc bike ! ) on the back roads around here it literally beats me up !
so I set out to change that by changing the spring in the rear ( first thing I did was change the shock settings front and rear all the way fast....that didn't help )
my last complaint of the bike is the seat height.... I have a 30" inseam and when I first sat on the bike I could only touch the ground with the balls of my feet.... and to me that is a danger !
I have tried several ways to lower the bike but finally had to make my own lower link to lower the bike by 2"..... and I just re-made that lower link to have a brass bushing in it... and just put it on tonight.
I found that lengthening the lower link by 5/8" results in 2" drop in seat height.
(the RX4 has a very short 2" stroke in the shock!)
at last fillup on the bike ( 2nd one) I put in premium and it does indeed idle better !
I do not run as much air pressure as they recommend either as that is too hard riding
I think right now I am at 30psi on both front and rear tires....
the bike has not failed me yet.... but then I have less than 200 miles on it ...it shouldn't ! ..... I carry around about 30lbs of stuff in the saddle bags all the time
.... and one more thing.... when closing the gas cap I shut it and lock it and then press down real hard till I hear a click.... THEN IT IS CLOSED not before that !
( i fell over at a stop sign and gas came gushing out of the closed gas cap ...I discovered it will lock without being closed it must be flush not 1/16" above it.... flush !
I think you will enjoy your bike ... I am glad I got mine I just wish it was lighter !!!!
Bob.........

Old 06-26-2022, 09:08 AM   #3

I have the exact opposite issue, I'm 6'4" with 35" inseam so I may have to purchase the tall seat, I will ride it a bit before I spend $250-300 on one. Thanks for the insight on the gas cap too!

Old 06-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #4

I wouldn't fret too much about putting money in the pocket of the Chinese Communist Party since, truth be told, CSC is probably making more off of the bike than Zongshen is. Especially so if you end up adding some of the accessories that CSC carries for it, such as the aluminum skid plate, the Seat Concepts tall seat, and the accessory switches.

People who bad mouth these bikes for being Chinese always seem to forget the American company that sells them. Every Chinese bike that I have purchased has put bread on the table for more than one fellow American, which pleases me greatly. And so long as CSC continues to bring in interesting and affordable bikes, no matter where they are built, I'll probably continue to purchase from them.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:34 PM   #5

You'll be surprised at how much fun and snort a mere 450 has.
FourFiddy.
I have a 21 Yellow

Old 06-28-2022, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working_ZS View Post
I wouldn't fret too much about putting money in the pocket of the Chinese Communist Party since, truth be told, CSC is probably making more off of the bike than Zongshen is. Especially so if you end up adding some of the accessories that CSC carries for it, such as the aluminum skid plate, the Seat Concepts tall seat, and the accessory switches.

People who bad mouth these bikes for being Chinese always seem to forget the American company that sells them. Every Chinese bike that I have purchased has put bread on the table for more than one fellow American, which pleases me greatly. And so long as CSC continues to bring in interesting and affordable bikes, no matter where they are built, I'll probably continue to purchase from them.
I have to agree on this view.... your not funding the bad government over there your funding the guys that built it ! just like any other company in the world !.... yes they will get their tiny cut as with all countries ...so what ?
the bike is a good product and if it was built here there would be few buyers of it simply because it is new but the bike has been sold for years and almost all the bug's have been removed already the remaining bugs are minor to most people....the thought of not buying a product because you don't like their policies is one that if you did that you wouldn't buy anything at all !
any research into the company of a given product will expose any amount of bad policies you want.... humans, screw humans, over, that is what we do
that is all we do and it has to stop.... but your not going to stop that practice by not buying the product.... that idea used to work in the 1930's up to the 1950's but it doesn't work now.... the market is so much bigger today than it was way back then..... you have to teach your Kids that being a better person is the right thing to do.... not to take advantage of a person when their down and all that... we quit doing that 2 generations ago and look at the state of the nation now..... that is the problem... it's the people !
not the ones in charge... the people themselves must change and choose to do the right thing , not for gain but because it's Right !
Bob......