Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2020, 11:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by krat View Post
There is not a Benelli dealer within 500 miles of me, nor a CSC dealer, no service, no parts, no warranty support and no tech support.
I'll agree that you cannot walk into your local CSC dealership parts department and get whatever part you want/need. The trouble is that you probably won't be able to get most parts at the other dealerships mentioned. They will have to order the part. Depending on brand and actual part, there is a good chance that the part will have to be shipped in from either a distant warehouse or overseas. BTDT. CSC, on the other hand, has every single part in stock and can get it to your door in just a few days. I speak from experience. I have had absolutely no problem getting Joey on the phone to talk about a problem and/or getting replacement parts under warranty. My Ducati, Triumph, Moto Guzzi experience always ended up requiring someone in their chain approving the warranty repair. Those decisions appeared to be made on a whim, sometimes they made sense but in other cases not so. In each case the fix was delayed, sometimes for a couple weeks.

Old 06-19-2020, 02:15 PM   #17

Culcene you hit the nail on the head for me. If I pass up the benelli and get the RX4 instead, I'll always be regretting not getting the Benelli. I know I want it. 37hp, 400 pounds, that's just a sweet spot for me. So I'm going to get it in late July or early August.

The RX4 is very practical and is also very high on my want list.... and I'm thinking now that I'm going to sell a bunch of crap in my garage, and also get an RX4. I'll probably wait until Christmastime when CSC's bikes are all on sale, and get a loan on the RX4 (I intend to pay cash for the Benelli). Or I might wait and see what the 2021 colors are. But I'm just going to buy both, I think.

It'll be interesting having three chinese bikes in the garage!

Charles.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:41 PM   #18

Well shit. My SSR Buccaneer just broke the frame. I’m a few months after warranty time wise, but would still be within mile wise. I am hoping SSR sees the damage and can do something for me, as it’s the result of a design flaw. (Passenger section of frame loop under seat is completely unsupported). If they treat me well it’ll be a no brainer. If they don’t... I might get the csc instead.

SSR has treated me pretty well so far though, so I’m confident they’ll at least meet me halfway.

Charles.

Old 06-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Well shit. My SSR Buccaneer just broke the frame. I’m a few months after warranty time wise, but would still be within mile wise. I am hoping SSR sees the damage and can do something for me, as it’s the result of a design flaw. (Passenger section of frame loop under seat is completely unsupported). If they treat me well it’ll be a no brainer. If they don’t... I might get the csc instead.

SSR has treated me pretty well so far though, so I’m confident they’ll at least meet me halfway.

Charles.
Did the steel tubing itself break or a weld? Looking at pictures of the bike on Revzilla's review, it is hard to tell if the seat frame is replaceable separately from the main frame of the bike, hopefully it just bolts on to the main frame. If it is welded, the only options would be a total frame replacement or welding the broken section. A total frame replacement might be too big of a pill for SSR to swallow, although if it were me running things, I would do it anyway just for the good PR that it would bring. Here's to hoping that's the path that they choose. If not, welding is still a valid fix, just not my first choice.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:34 PM   #20

The tubing itself broke, the frame section is all one piece. It broke just past the weld where the tube behind the side panel meets up with the seat loop. That’s the rider support. Aft of that, there is no passenger support on the 2017. It was added in the 2018 model year, which SSR never imported.

If they went the frame replacement route, hopefully they would source a modern frame form China, and not a leftover 2017 frame, and cover the labor to swap everything. That’s what I’d like most.

Second most would be just the frame for free, and I do the labor.

Third, maybe some $$ off the Benelli I want instead.

Or they might just tell me to sod off.

We will see once they’re open and somebody escalated up the chain.

Charles.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #21

Quote:
The tubing itself broke, the frame section is all one piece. It broke just past the weld where the tube behind the side panel meets up with the seat loop. That’s the rider support. Aft of that, there is no passenger support on the 2017. It was added in the 2018 model year, which SSR never imported.

If they went the frame replacement route, hopefully they would source a modern frame form China, and not a leftover 2017 frame, and cover the labor to swap everything. That’s what I’d like most.

Second most would be just the frame for free, and I do the labor.

Third, maybe some $$ off the Benelli I want instead.

Or they might just tell me to sod off.

We will see once they’re open and somebody escalated up the chain.

Charles.
Any resolution on this, one way or the other?

Old 08-03-2020, 12:31 AM   #22

Ahh, I never updated this here. So SSR is replacing the frame, completely on their dime. Parts AND labor. Even though I’m out of warranty. They apparently share the opinion that the tail shouldn’t just fall off at 10,000 miles regardless of the state Of the warranty. BUT they do not have any of the 2018-up style frames in stock. So they took a stock frame and sent it to their fabricator along with some tail parts for fitment. The fabricator welded in new support bars similar to the 2018 style frame. Last update was a 2 Week wait to get the frame back from the powder coating guy. He was backed up due to covid. That was a week ago. It will take a week to ship from Cali to my dealer. Then I’m subject to the dealer’s service center schedule and workload. So maybe I’ll get to ride again by September.

I should just stick one of those stupid plate relocation kits with integrated taillight onto the swingarm and bungee the seat on good and ride it as is. I miss my Buccaneer!

Charles.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:39 AM   #23

That post was written in haste, but I want to make it clear that SSR is doing right by me and I’m very happy with them. They’re super busy right now with covid and new motorcycles in the pipeline and everyone trying to do their jobs from home as much as possible. And they’re bending over backwards to fix this issue.

Charles.

Old 08-03-2020, 02:35 PM   #24

Quote:
That post was written in haste, but I want to make it clear that SSR is doing right by me and I’m very happy with them. They’re super busy right now with covid and new motorcycles in the pipeline and everyone trying to do their jobs from home as much as possible. And they’re bending over backwards to fix this issue.

Charles.
Good deal, especially since they were officially under no obligation to do anything for you. It really goes to show that it is less who makes the bike, but who actually supports it. There are quite a few dealers for mainstream motorcycle manufacturers who could learn a thing or two from dealers like CSC and SSR, in regards to properly supporting their customers.

Old 08-04-2020, 09:37 AM   #25

Yeah, basically because they've gone above and beyond so many times, I'm going to buy either a 302S or a Leoncino from them before the end of the year.

Charles.

Old 08-05-2020, 12:37 PM   #26

Quote:
Yeah, basically because they've gone above and beyond so many times, I'm going to buy either a 302S or a Leoncino from them before the end of the year.

Charles.
The Benelli that has my interest is the 752S. I don't know if SSR intends to import it, but it would be the one I would be most likely to buy; easy on the eye styling, not too crazy HP (77 HP), Brembo brakes, Marzocchi suspension, and a fantastic sounding stock exhaust. It's a little heavy at 501 lbs (228 kgs), but it has the brakes and suspension to cope with it. Here is a review from one of the moto-vloggers I follow:

Old 08-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #27

For some reason that bike doesn't speak to me. It's too Japanese looking, not Italian looking enough. Something about the tail being so high up in the air maybe. The Kawasaki Racing Green doesn't help matters either.

Charles.

Old 09-23-2020, 04:37 PM   #28

So.... Benelli has the TRK502, TRK502X, and Leoncino available in the US right now. The Leoncino weighs just a little more than the 302S, but has 47 horsepower. It has great reviews too, and it's just the thing to replace my Yamaha SCR950. Almost the same horsepower, but 140 pounds less weight! SSR says the Trail version should be available by the end of October... so that's what I'm going to get.

A little pricey at $6199 for the Leoncino, but it gets rave reviews in England and it has better specs than the CB500F (and WAY better looks). I think I'm gonna pull the trigger, and maybe even trade my SCR950 in on it.

Charles.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #29

I did about 6 months of research before i bought my RX3. I knew just what i was getting. I have not found much information on the RX4, as far as real time in the saddle reviews. Guess i will wait till i can find out more, but i like the concept of a larger bike. I kind of want one, if i could just stop buying sleds.

Old 09-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #30

The TRKs are here with official MSRPS. $5,999 for the TRK502, and $6,399 for the "X" model. Anyone near Salinas, CA can now see one in person, per cycletrader.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/news/2...rk502-trk502x/