Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2020, 04:54 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy dog View Post
I did about 6 months of research before i bought my RX3. I knew just what i was getting. I have not found much information on the RX4, as far as real time in the saddle reviews. Guess i will wait till i can find out more, but i like the concept of a larger bike. I kind of want one, if i could just stop buying sleds.
There's a bunch of info on ADVRider.

Charles.

Old 10-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #32

Just got my today...ill let you know

Old 12-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #33

So I ended up with an RX3 that sort of fell in my lap for a ridiculously good price, from a member here. (Thanks Russel!). Loving it, but also thinking I'd have loved the RX4 even more. I'm still waiting on the Benelli Leoncino Trail to appear in the USA. If it doesn't, i will end up with the base Leoncino I think. Since I have the RX3 I do still want the RX4, but I'm thinking I'd like to put 20k on the RX3 before I upgrade. So the push for an RX4 has diminished.

Charles.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:14 PM   #34

Enjoy that RX3.

Old 12-10-2020, 11:04 PM   #35

There is a significant upgrade to the RX4 coming early next year. TFT display, tubeless spoke wheels.. the bike looks more refined visually as well. Much better color matching; no more grey fuel tank and other grey parts with primary color plastics. Also the boxes are black now. It looks much more upscale now.

Old 12-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
There is a significant upgrade to the RX4 coming early next year. TFT display, tubeless spoke wheels.. the bike looks more refined visually as well. Much better color matching; no more grey fuel tank and other grey parts with primary color plastics. Also the boxes are black now. It looks much more upscale now.
This was expected, since all of the Southeast Asia and Chinese market RX4's (actually called RX500's, I believe) have TFT dashes. The RX3S's, with the 380 cc parallel twin engine, do as well. I don't really care for the TFT dash, other more mainstream manufacturers have had lots of issues with screen failures and or water ingress (looking at you KTM and Triumph); the standard LCD digital dash with analog tachometer suites me to a tee and I'm glad I got one before the "upgrade". The tubeless spoked wheels will be a nice addition, since they will pretty much obviate the need to purchase the cast aluminum wheel set in order to run tubeless tires. The colors are subjective; here again I prefer my 2020's two tone finish to what I am seeing for the 2021 RX4's. I'm also not a fan of the new SG250 color schemes for 2021; last year's looked much better to me.

Old 12-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #37

Agree about the benefits of tubeless spoked wheels. They give the best of both worlds....easier to patch for simple nail punctures and less likely to fracture than cast wheels. If CSC prices them near what the cast wheels go for I'll be very tempted. As for the TFT dash, if it makes the warning lights easier to read I'll be a happy camper. As shipped it's impossible for me to tell if the turn signals are flashing when I'm in sunlight. The same can be said for most of the other warning lights. On my RX3 I took the dash apart and removed the mask used to designate what each light was supposed to mean. Then I had to rely on the bulb color but at least I could tell if the blinker was still blinking...and avoid looking like a dork with the blinker going for 10 miles. We have all seen that happen.

Old 03-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #38

Been thinking of selling my RX-4, basically new and just barely broken in - love it, but farrr more similar to my Multistrada than I expected, no way I can justify keeping both! - any recs on the best way to go about it? There's a FS section here I presume? Just not sure CL makes the most sense for such a niche bike... It's literally orange bike (VIN #4) CSC used to make the owner's manual! Thx in advanced, and sorry to threadjack but this thread was the first hit when I Googled.

Old 03-18-2021, 08:02 PM   #39

You might have better luck on ADVRider.

Charles.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:39 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckati View Post
Been thinking of selling my RX-4, ...... any recs on the best way to go about it?
This forum is lightly watched but costs nothing. I'd stay away from CL, way too much spam and other BS. Facebook Marketplace has been my best way to sell motorcycles. I sold a TT250 and RX3 that way. At the same time I avoided all those "I'll send you a check for more than your asking amount, have my agent pick up the bike after you refund me the difference" scams.

My RX4 is #2, according to the VIN, so ours are darn near identical twins!

Old 03-19-2021, 10:18 AM   #41

I've had good luck selling via CycleTrader, they offer a free ad with free renewals

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X