Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #1

New XF200 owner

Hi all. I recently purchased a 2009 Qlink XF200 from HPS Motorsports in Pittsburgh, PA. I have spent a while on supermotojunkie.com and found my way here via members JTC and zugzug, who found me the bike. JTC has been saying this is the place to come, so here I am. Too many forums to keep track of...

About me, I have been riding since I was young, mostly off road. After I got married I bought my beloved SV650S and have been riding her for the last 7 years. She has 37000 miles and a bunch of track days. I always loved the off-road feel and wanted to get that on the street. I have been looking at supermoto bikes for a while, but could never manage to save up the money. I'm 30 years old and have 4 kids, my oldest is 5 years old. Which is why I have trouble saving up money. So that's where the XF200 comes in. I got a smoking deal on this one, and while it is no Husqvarna SM610 (my current dream bike), I think it will be a lot of fun. I live north-east of Philadelphia and had the bike shipped from Pittsburgh for $225 from Steel Horse Transport, LLC. I would highly recommend them if you are considering shipping a bike.

Without further ado,

My brother has already laid it down with about 2km on the clock, so I don't have to worry about keeping it pristine. Only some light scratches on the plastic. My planned mods are to remove the stickers, 16T front sprocket, possibly raise the bars or swap them out, and ride it as much as possible. I have already pulled of the XF200 stickers and removed the QLINK screen from the seat. Also the rear brake light didn't work, but I fixed that.

The first issue is to get it legal, which is proving to be a bit of a hassle. JTC and Zug had no problems, so I thought it would be easy. The dealer is 300 miles away and sent me an MCO that wasn't notarized. I sent it back to him, but he was on vacation, so two weeks later I got the notarized MCO. Then I took it to my tag place, and the lady said she had to send the paperwork to Harrisburg because of the 'L' VIN code. So I am currently waiting on the tags to come in, then it's off to inspection.

So far I've done some circles in my driveway, and I think this is going to be a fun little bike!