Oh No

http://www.sportiquescooters.com/ite...torcycle-g400c

"Now accepting deposits! Genuine 400 Classic Motorcycle coming 7/17"

Old 08-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
http://www.sportiquescooters.com/ite...torcycle-g400c

"Now accepting deposits! Genuine 400 Classic Motorcycle coming 7/17"
$500 deposit in July 2015 for a new bike coming in the Fall of 2016 and you'll get a $200 surprise gift!!!!!!
Today is August 2017 and I got my surprise, NO BIKE AND I'M MISSING $500!!!!
Maybe we're in the wrong Century?????
Another reputable????? Dealer!!!!!
Will the dealer deliver the bike to my NURSING HOME?????

Old 08-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
$500 deposit in July 2015 for a new bike coming in the Fall of 2016 and you'll get a $200 surprise gift!!!!!!
Today is August 2017 and I got my surprise, NO BIKE AND I'M MISSING $500!!!!
Maybe we're in the wrong Century?????
Another reputable????? Dealer!!!!!
Will the dealer deliver the bike to my NURSING HOME?????

It's too bad. It looked like it would be a fun bike.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 08-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #79

Now you know how the people that put a deposit on an Elio feel.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:39 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Now you know how the people that put a deposit on an Elio feel.
What's the story on that..did they quit? I followed it a year or so but like we are saying...they just kept stringing it along. I wonder if these companies wait so long that they miss out on their little Market niche in the first place waiting for everything to become perfect, finding out that everything has changed.. ie...should have had it rolling before drill baby drill.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #81

Elio Motors t-shirts and hats have it the showroom floor. That's about it.
http://www.eliowear.com/

Old 08-08-2017, 08:56 PM   #82

I like everything about the bike (even the price) but the delays worry me. There have been no reviews since the original pre-production test rides; will the delivered version be all that was promised? At that price point you have to consider the lack of dealer support and the worry that the bike may disappear after a year or so and leave the owners with no parts availability. I'd pay $500 more if it said Suzuki, Honda, etc. on the tank.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #83

What ever happened to this bike in the US? Last time I checked with the local dealer in Fort Myers he didn't have any news.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:41 PM   #84

It's been on the EPA certification list as being certified for at least 2 years now! It is certified under 'SRM' as in Shineray, rather than Genuine, interestingly enough. I was rooting for the hack model to come to the US, which I am quite sure you would appreciate, Barnone, but I cannot recall if it fell under the same certification. On a side note, Shineray's dual-sport, I believe the X5, is certified under the same certification since it uses the same engine. It would be interesting getting the Shineray X5, in my opinion...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-04-2019, 10:12 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
What ever happened to this bike in the US? Last time I checked with the local dealer in Fort Myers he didn't have any news.
I looked at one today. Interesting to say the least. Motor sounded rock solid. Quality was lacking on fit and finish.

$4,500 plus dealer fees. 2 year warranty
Be a Piggy!

Old 01-04-2019, 11:30 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag00 View Post
I looked at one today. Interesting to say the least. Motor sounded rock solid. Quality was lacking on fit and finish.
How would you compare fit and finish to your Storm? I know that Bashan is supposed to be a tad better quality than other Chinese dual sports but they are similar across the brands. So a comparison to your Bashan will help us gauge its quality.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-05-2019, 12:48 AM   #87

There were some nice things, like speedo and horrible things like the chrome and such. The welds and frame construction seemed a tad better, the finish on the motor was some dull cast crap that will be impossible to clean.

The brake and shifter were weak like the Bashan, the Storm had a far superior seat.

They used aluminum wheels which seemed to be of lesser quality than the chrome of the Bashan. The motor was the crowning achievement of that bike. The EFI seemed to light that engine up. Quiet with good tone out the back. The clutch was rough/hard to pull. Grabbed well, with no noise, the Bashan had weak springs.

The aesthetics were nice, it's just that the chrome fenders looked like 10 year olds hammered them out on a rock instead of an anvil. The stainless pipes had sanding marks all over, and depressions from them leaning on the grinder/sander too hard.

The starter interlock on the side stand hung way low and was poorly positioned.

The paint was OK, but not as good as the Bashan. Overall a nice Chinese bike, but over priced compared to my $1,500 Bashan Storm. Considering the list of a BMW G310 was $4,500 a couple weeks ago and that a KTM 390 Duke was about $4,600 list, and no abs, rear drum, the value is not there for me.

I think a guy could be happy with it, if that is what they are looking for. I would be more interested if it was a twin. It does sound healthy as a single, and to me that is its redeeming feature. It actually sits a bit tall for a smaller bike. Taller than my 250 Storm was. I could not plant my feet with the Genuine Chinese g400c, but could with my enduro.

I sold my Bashan and broke even. Doubt you will be able to do that with this Genuine G400c.

If it has passed the federal import specs, will Shineray open the gy400 to the USA market? Roketa and other importers could surely direct sell and save nearly half in my opinion, if not more.

I think the enduro/adventure market is nearly saturated, so these smaller highway bikes might be the next wave.
Be a Piggy!

Old 01-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #88

Thank you for the report! These were certified by Shineray a few years back, if I remember, two years in a row, although Genuine did not import them then, so were left in limbo. The newest certification, these are certified directly by Genuine, although it does list Shineray as the OEM. These are the models certified according to the EPA: G400C, G400CR, G400R, G400S, XY400-C.

There is another forum more international in 'flavor' called mychinamoto.com which has several members who are ex-pats from Europe living and working in China. I recall reading posts from some of the members who are motorsports insiders stating how Shineray is very difficult to impossible to deal with. A friend here in the US who owns Excalibur Motorsports used to import Shineray's endures and he said he stopped dealing with them. His main issue was that he would deal with someone for a batch of bikes, get the batch started, and then when he would contact the company a month or so later, that person would no longer be with them. This happened several times. My friend, and the mychinamoto members, have all said they are shocked that Shineray is still in business. Apparently, someone at Genuine has better connections...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-05-2019, 04:56 PM   #89

From recent and past business with Shineray it seems to me they are looking to be a manufacturer only. They do not seem to want to be a brand. They bought the old Husqvana factory that BMW had just refitted/modernized for the production of the Huskies, and now are producing SWM, Italian design and managers.

Seems that if the folks at Genuine are trying to "create" a brand, they may have worked a deal with Shineray to curtail any clones so to speak of the Shineray built Genuine.

Apple does it, and has been knocked off.

Shineray to compete with lets say Honda, they have to comply with every stinking regulation and import export regulation. Genuine seems to be putting their eggs in one basket and that could be very good or very bad depending on how Chinese management, which is sworn to exploit and cheat Americans, treats any contracts.

I I like the direct market approach CSC uses. Genuine is banking on the Dealer support just as SWM seems to be doing.

Thing is, will Shineray sell off or produce for other branding/importers using the groundwork with the EPA etc to flood USA with relatively cheap bikes using the wholesale distribution method. That would be in the contract with Genuine, but will Shineray honor it or usurp it?

Shineray being as big as they are surely would have included a performance clause, if Genuine can't sell "X" amount of bikes in "X" amount of time they would be in default of the contract which could open the floodgates of the certified designs to the USA.

This is pure speculation/conjecture on my part, but plausible. I'm betting an influx of the 400 singles in various iterations in the next couple years. What I would rather see is the 500 twin mentioned in the general category, in a bike like the g400.
Be a Piggy!

Old 01-06-2019, 01:08 AM   #90

I do believe that Shineray is happy to simply be the OEM for Genuine in the US. They had certification for a couple years, when Genuine was supposed to import the bike, but that was a couple years ago. Genuine, like CSC, are the brand putting the bikes through EPA certification, so no real danger in competing as far as Genuine is concerned. I do recall issues with the 400cc dual sport being reported several years back on mychinamoto from ex-pats who stepped up and purchased them, as NZBrakelathes mentioned a few weeks back. This would be a fun bike in the low to even $3k range, until and if it proves to be a durable vehicle. Then it might earn its place as a $4k+ bike. If I had disposable income, I would love to have one just to ride the heck out of and beat up on, kind of like a Chinese dual sport. You know you will most likely never retain value in it, so ride it like...it's a Chinese bike!

bike

TGB Delivery Scooter 150