Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2021, 12:15 PM   #1

Thumbs Up EGL RS 450 China motocross bike

Old 07-29-2021, 10:55 AM   #2

Although posted in the Adventure Bike section this is certainly a non street legal off road machine. It would appear that Zongshen has made a lower spec bike (carb vs FI, 5 speed vs 6 speed) in some areas while making the package lighter (300#!) with an aluminum frame. The increased travel, smaller fuel tank and added ground clearance all point to a fun off road bike but not one for a road trip.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:57 PM   #3

Here in Ohio it would not be too difficult to get this plated, simply requiring the addition of turn signals and a horn. It would definitely be interesting to take something like this off road; the NC450 in this is putting out 48 HP, and with the aluminum frame keeping the weight down I am willing to go out on a short limb here and say that this would rip off road. The twelve inches of suspension travel would also be nice to have, but then again, the 38" seat heat could be a problem, lol.

The pricing on this appears to be all over the map - I found a dealer in Maine asking US $7999, while another, WholesaleATV in Memphis TN, has it at $4999. They claim that it's California CARB approved, though I suspect that is only in regards to off road usage exclusively, with on road operation prohibited, at least in California.

Old 07-29-2021, 06:09 PM   #4

Another thing to note is that it's fifty percent less than a Honda CRF450R in base trim at $9999 (includes Destination Charge), though it has a carburetor instead of the Hondas EFI.

If I were in the market, I would consider this; but GPX has the FSE 450R that they are taking deposits on for August delivery, though I suspect that is a bit optimistic considering the pandemic induced shipping chaos that is happening right now. It's MSRP is $5699 unassembled, but it has an extra cog in the transmission and it is fuel injected.