Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 AM   #1

MOTOBUYS-Running out of time to make it right

it's been 3 weeks since i got my bike and still no MSO. I've talked to them a few times and now I'm waiting to see if my paperwork comes by close of business tomorrow. If not, the Brozz is going back and I'm buying a Jap bike from a reputable dealer. According to MOTOBUYS, the factory misprinted the MSO's and they were waiting on replacements. When I spouted off on their facebook page they deleted my comment. When I went back to the page and demanded a RA# and return shipping address I got a call from them saying they had my papers, but needed to confirm my address(since my billing and shipping addresses are different) and said they were putting it in the mail yesterday. I asked them to expedite it and then I was told that he didnt actually have the MSO he was just processing the order, which made me think I was getting the run-around.. On saturday it will have been a month since I bought the bike and three weeks since I've had possession of it. In NY you have 30 days from the date of purchase to register and title a vehicle before they start fining you. I will not pay fines. I will send it back instead. Also, I used the checkout loan service Affirm to make the purchase and the first payment is due saturday... I'm not paying for a bike I cant ride and they can force a refund if it comes to it... whew.. I almost sent a money order for the bike.. so glad I didn't.So here it is folks.. If I don't have the MSO and bill of sale by tomorrow, 9/23/16, the bike will be shipped back and I will be done with chinese bikes. I'm also considering writing to Bashan to tell them how their bikes are being represented here in the US.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:07 AM   #2

I am sorry to read this! Motobuys had issues a while back with one of our members for the exact same issue--MSO/MCO! It took several weeks to get resolved, and the owner of Motobuys joined chinariders and said how the issue for that member was unique, etc. Now, we have you with the same issue.

You will probably want to contact Kandi USA directly as they are the distributors for Bashan and see what kind of solution they can come up with. I will PM you with the North American Bashan rep's email, but my guess it is ultimately a mistake on Motobuy's part. It seems that when there are MCO/MSO issues, dealers will blame nameless/faceless entities. Adam from RPS (Hawk/Magician distributor) has mentioned this issue and pointed out that when it has come to Hawks, it is the dealer that has done something wrong, so my guess is it is Motobuys. Again, contact Kandi USA to see what they can do to resolve this.

http://www.kandiusa.com/contact.php

626-839-7788 or 888-989-7811

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #3

Bummer to hear this. I was looking forward to a review on the Brozz. Don't blame all "china bikes" though, when it's a Motobuys paperwork issue. The overwhelming majority here have had no problems with paperwork.

I hope you get this resolved soon.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #4

Hehe basket of deplorable dealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Bummer to hear this. I was looking forward to a review on the Brozz. Don't blame all "china bikes" though, when it's a Motobuys paperwork issue. The overwhelming majority here have had no problems with paperwork.

I hope you get this resolved soon.
The overwhelming majority here have had no problems with paperwork.

2lz, this may be true, but it seems to be the main gripe

if dealers had an incentive from the manufacturer to get this mso issue complete (or vice versa, what ever the cause) i think they would improve.

Perhaps the china manufacturers need to have a pow wow and figure this out. probably not worth the pain to them.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 09-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #5

I don't think it is a manufacturer problem as much as a dealer problem.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-23-2016, 09:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
The overwhelming majority here have had no problems with paperwork.

2lz, this may be true, but it seems to be the main gripe

if dealers had an incentive from the manufacturer to get this mso issue complete (or vice versa, what ever the cause) i think they would improve.

Perhaps the china manufacturers need to have a pow wow and figure this out. probably not worth the pain to them.
Agreed it's the biggest gripe. I think it also has to do with how big of a hurry you're in and what you're using the rig for.
If I bought a D/S and was going to be using it as a commuter, I'd be in a damn big hurry. Regarding my quad, it was never going to leave my property so I could give a hoot if it took three weeks or longer. It's never getting registered.

It's obviously the dealers and it's stupid that just mailing a letter can take so long. It gives you the feeling like, "HA HA! We have your money and that's all that matters! We'll get around to you, when we get around to you!"

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-23-2016, 12:45 PM   #7

From Motobuys

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the delay in getting the MSO. We post on our web site that MSO's can take 7 to 14 days to arrive. Motobuys sells thousands of vehicles a year. However the MSO's are produced by the factory, not us. In this case the factory sent us a MSO that read dirt bike. In order to ride it on the street it had to read Motorcycle. So we requested another MSO from the factory. This is what caused the delay. We kept the customer informed of this. His correct MSO is in the mail NOW! He should get it in the next day or two.

If anyone has any interest they can read many reviews by verified Reviews.com on Motobuys by our customers at: http://www.motobuys.com/

We deeply value our relationships with all our customers and are committed to providing all with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at sales@motobuys.com

Old 09-23-2016, 07:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobuys.com View Post
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the delay in getting the MSO. We post on our web site that MSO's can take 7 to 14 days to arrive. Motobuys sells thousands of vehicles a year. However the MSO's are produced by the factory, not us. In this case the factory sent us a MSO that read dirt bike. In order to ride it on the street it had to read Motorcycle. So we requested another MSO from the factory. This is what caused the delay. We kept the customer informed of this. His correct MSO is in the mail NOW! He should get it in the next day or two.
What I would like to know is why doesn't the MSO come with the bike in the first place? If I go buy a new car or a new jap bike I get the papers with the machine.

If anyone has any interest they can read many reviews by verified Reviews.com on Motobuys by our customers at: http://www.motobuys.com/

We deeply value our relationships with all our customers and are committed to providing all with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at sales@motobuys.com

What I would like to know is why doesn't the MSO come with the bike in the first place? If I go buy a new car or a new jap bike I get the papers with the machine.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:29 PM   #9

Motobuys Review-My final word

I'll try to make a long story short and be as fair as possible here.

Initially I looked at bikes on Superior Powersports and was not happy with the total shipped prices, obscured by fees for everything and an added shipping cost to NY. I found Motobuys "shipped to your door" prices to be a refreshing way to shop with no surprise fees.

I initally ordered Kymoto branded Hawk, but quickly realized that many people were having trouble registering them for the street here in NY, so I called Motobuys and they helped me out by stopping the order, and issuing a refund of the loan I used to buy it. The frustration began here when it took almost two weeks to get that first loan refunded and order the bike I wanted. Motobuys was not cause of the delay here. It was mostly my lack of research before pulling the trigger on the purchase, and the delay by the lending company to credit my account. If Motobuys was complicit at all, it was in it's re-branding of the Hawk as a Kymoto. I knew not to buy a Hawk and the confusing marketing didn't help my decision. Still, I should have done my homework.

So on to the purchase. As anyone who's followed my story here could tell you, I ordered what I believed to be a Kymoto XDP (Bashan BS250GY-18) or Storm. What I received was a Brozz branded BS250GY-18C, which has some upgrades from the Storm. It justified the price in my mind and I like it. I don't know if this is the bike they intended to sell all along and they have the wrong picture on their website, or if they just didn't have any of the others and upgraded me. Either way, I liked it so I put it together, tested it and parked it. I wrote an email to them to say thanks for the awesome bike, asked about the MSO and they said 10-14 days from delivery, so I waited. Day 15 I called and was told about the MSO issue. Needless to say I was frustrated by this time and just not in the mood to wait much longer for paperwork that should be in the dealers hands before it's placed in inventory and listed for sale. It makes sense to send the MSO a day or two after delivery in case there is an issue and the bike is returned, it's less likely that the MSO will go missing. But you should not sell anything unless you have the physical copy of the MSO ready to send out. And certainly by now, the manufacturers should understand the difference between a dirt bike and a motorcycle. To my mind there is just no excuse for this much of a delay, and no excuse for making me call to find out there was an issue. If someone had the foresight to send an email explaining the situation, much of my frustration would have been muted.

I got my MSO and Bill of Sale in the mail Friday at 4:10 PM. Exactly 10 minutes after my local DMV closed for the weekend. That my friends, was a nice final kick in the sack after a long and arduous attempt to buy a
Chinese bike. The good news is I'm off Monday and I'll be first in line at the DMV in the morning. They say all is well that ends well.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:44 PM   #10

The other good news is you've got one of the best china bikes Ive seen.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #11

financing from motobuys

does the finance company work. i tried txpowersports financing and it denied everyone in my family