Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2017, 05:00 PM   #1

name brand parts for hawk 250?

anyone know exactly what bike the hawk is copying and if you can get name brand parts to replace broken parts with so you don't have future failures?

Old 04-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatgm1 View Post
anyone know exactly what bike the hawk is copying and if you can get name brand parts to replace broken parts with so you don't have future failures?
The Hawk has very few problems from the factory. The rear chain, replace with UniBear, or equivilent. Change engine oil to American oil - Shell Rotella 15-40. Front shock oil to Dexron ATF. And DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid. You MAY want to change the carburetor to a Mikuni VM26. (Easier to get the right jets for). And change to a pod air filter. That's the basics...ARH

Old 04-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #3

I just meant if something were to fail, like an actual part of the bike, what bike is this copying, so I can replace it with a more durable part? I know it's a nice bike, but if I replace anything that breaks with like a Yamaha or Honda part it seems like their would be less chance of failure in the future.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 PM   #4

Quote:
I just meant if something were to fail, like an actual part of the bike, what bike is this copying, so I can replace it with a more durable part? I know it's a nice bike, but if I replace anything that breaks with like a Yamaha or Honda part it seems like their would be less chance of failure in the future.
Well, it seems to be pretty well established that the engine/transmission/clutch is a Honda 125 clone, stretched to 229 cc. The rear sprocket is supposed to be the same as a Honda XL 185 takes. Front sprocket likewise.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #5

what about the front forks?

What about the front forks, and the rear swingarm, and the rear monoshock, and the wiring harness, CDI, ignition coil, what kind of lights can I replace the stock ones with? Like LED lights. What stator can I replace the original with? Is there an actual Honda stair I can use, like maybe from the night hawk 250 engine? Hate to be specific, but I'm trying to compile a list and then keep it for my records. Also are Bashan enforcers the same exact bike?

Old 04-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #6

I would really like to know if anyone has found a "name brand" equivalent for the clutch and throttle cables? I would really like to have spares on our adventure trip.

Old 04-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #7

all this stuff your asking about no one is having a problem with? seems like you have the im scared of china bike syndrome. if so you probably dont need to buy one cause you will never be comfortable with it. also if you replace or just have Japanese spares of everything you would be money ahead by buying jap in the first place.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 04-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyschmitz View Post
I would really like to know if anyone has found a "name brand" equivalent for the clutch and throttle cables? I would really like to have spares on our adventure trip.
On e-bay, there are people selling cable make up kits so that you can make your own....ARH

Old 04-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #9

Quote:
What about the front forks, and the rear swingarm, and the rear monoshock, and the wiring harness, CDI, ignition coil, what kind of lights can I replace the stock ones with? Like LED lights. What stator can I replace the original with? Is there an actual Honda stair I can use, like maybe from the night hawk 250 engine? Hate to be specific, but I'm trying to compile a list and then keep it for my records. Also are Bashan enforcers the same exact bike?
All of those parts are available through Alibaba. The rear swing arm bushings are the most likely things to go wrong. Sure you can use LED lights. Go back through Human Being's posts. He's an expert on things like alternator stators, and lighting coils. CDI, ignition coil, rectifier, etc are all available on e-bay...ARH

Old 04-29-2017, 09:00 PM   #10

I really don't think it's a bad idea to have a parts list compiled for your manual or whatever, saves you some of the headache down the road IMO.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
seems like you have the im scared of china bike syndrome. if so you probably dont need to buy one cause you will never be comfortable with it.
i bought one because im fine with it, i just want to compile a list of compatible parts from reputable household-name manufacturers. if a part breaks and i replace it with a part thats built better, it wont break again. i am not assuming any of these parts will break, i am simply trying to prepare for the possibility that they do. being well informed and prepared seems like a good thing.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #12

Quote:
i bought one because im fine with it, i just want to compile a list of compatible parts from reputable household-name manufacturers. if a part breaks and i replace it with a part thats built better, it wont break again. i am not assuming any of these parts will break, i am simply trying to prepare for the possibility that they do. being well informed and prepared seems like a good thing.
jmo, what I think your asking really does not exist

hawk= honda model xxx
bashan storm= suzuki model xxx
etc, etc.

the thing is these bikes are a mixture of some current parts that will fit on current bikes and also a lot of parts that have long been out of production by the big 4 jap makers. (available on the "chinese motorcycle" universal market).

i have been running my bashan blaze for 1 year over 6k miles and the spokes are the only thing i have had to replace. (and the oil). i have elected to change the chain and sprockets and speedometer because as you say, higher quality concerns but that info i have had to discover on this site (and really up to the consumers choice by option such as tires). the rest of the parts are specific to the bike such as the plastics so hard to say that it really compares to an existing jap bike.

unfortunately, it has been my experience that parts compatibility are replaced on a case by case basis.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~