Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2015, 09:52 PM   #1

New Bashan Storm 250

This post is actually a month or two past due but I've been busy with the holidays. I wanted to share the build of my new Bashan Storm 250!

I bought this motorcycle for a few reasons... First, I've had some "life stuff" happen lately that I needed a distraction from. Second, I have a 10 year old son that I wanted to have a project to share with him that he would think was cool. And third, I'm a complete noob around engines and such so I was hoping to learn some things the best way possible - by literally getting my hands dirty. That all being said, I'll try to answer any questions the best I can. The good news is that if I can put this thing together, anybody can!

Anyway... check it out.

This is what I got delivered...

Another view...

Taking the wrapping off...

Secured the handlebar...

These were most of the loose bolts and washers that came with the bike. There were no instructions as to where anything went. However, I found most things were pretty easy to figure out. I hand tightened everything until I was just about done and then removed each bolt and applied locktite before really tightening.

Here's the front end coming together...

Here's the battery it came with...

Funny warning sticker. Apparently they didn't even try to find a native English speaker to proof this...

Kickstand was a total pain to get on. I ended up using the power of a thousand curse words to get it on. I was also able to install the rear shock by myself. It took lifting the rear of the bike with one hand while I installed the bolt in the end of the shock underneath the seat behind the engine with the other hand - because I don't like doing things the easy way (I'm actually typing this with my nose on a cellphone).

All done with the assembly. I immediately replaced the dish detergent they put in for oil and charged the battery. I also added a cell phone Holder so I could run a speedometer app. The built in one is hard to see and not very accurate.

On my ride yesterday here in South Carolina. We still have warm weather and the sunsets on the marsh are the perfect backdrop...

From the other side...

Lastly, I love the looks on people's faces when I tell them this bike was as much as a decent mountain bike. My friend's wife before she saw it asked if it came in a cardboard box. When I replied, "Well, yeah. Kind of." She laughed until she saw it parked in her driveway. Her jaw dropped. Then her attention shifted to her husband, my friend, explaining what a deal it would be and how much he would save in gas around town. Hahaha.

All in the bike was around $1500 delivered plus $100 for insurance, around $75 for taxes and registration. So far, I love it!!

Tags
bashan storm 250, dual sport