Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2016, 12:26 AM   #1

Apollo 250

Does the Apollo 250 have a spark arrestor? if not what is an aftermarket alternative that will fit?

Old 09-14-2016, 12:14 AM   #2

If it doesn't, the FMF TC2 is a good, economical choice. Shop around for the best price.

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/MX/62

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #3

I was looking into that exhaust but it says that it is mainly for 2 stroke motors so I wasn't sure if it would be an issue on this bike or if I should just spend the extra money for the 4 stroke model?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #4

That really means nothing. You can take it apart and wrap it with four stroke packing if you wish, but I wouldn't do that until the original packing is wasted. Spud has many, many miles on his TC2, and that's on a four stroke China motor. Read all about it: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=5974

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #5

I have over 1,200 miles on the TC2 muffler on our Bashan... exhaust note sounds great... it was light and easy to install... and after I bought a propper 1 1/4in exhaust clamp it stopped falling off every time I raced up those bumpy Rocky Mountain trails now the Bashan sounds great all the time

Gave the bike a much better feel across the entire RPM range, HP / Torque feels great even down low on our bike

You can jet the bike a bit rich to make it sound "Mean like a big Harley! GRRR!" or you can jet the bike perfect and it will have a nice "thumper style rumble" to it

One of the better mods done to the little Bashan was ditch the stock muffler for a lighter Muffler with a Spark Arrestor

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:05 PM   #6

Thanks guys that's exactly the info I was looking for! Yeah I have to ditch the stock exhaust because all the forest roads require a spark arrestor (and not a homemade one) to be legal.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:23 PM   #7

I have FMF TC 2's on all of my rolling stock BUT the TT250.
Great little muffler, easy to mount, is relatively cheap and best of all, it's a USFS Approved spark arrestor. I'm not sure how the Apollo header pipe is configured though. May take some imagination to mount.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #8

Yeah I bought the TC2 that claims to be universal so we will see what it looks like when it gets here. I have a mig welder too so I should be able to make it work.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:28 PM   #9

Sooo I was putting the clutch on a new set of handlebars and the electrical wire that connects to the clutch kinda exploded out of the clutch and all the little parts that were in it were lost in another dimension.... I was going to change the clutch lever to an aftermarket one anyway but the one I have doesn't have any setup for electric wires to connect to... I am guessing it has to be some sort of safety setup so that it won't start if the clutch isn't engaged. I don't really want to keep the wiring if I can help it so is there a way to bypass it?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:01 PM   #10

Bypass = http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....2&postcount=14 Learns how the E-start system works & made BOTH +/- wires connect to Starter solenoid possible when pressed start button. How to join wires together (Solder/ Plumber's tape + Electrical tape / crimp ) is ur own choice...

Last edited by humanbeing; 09-22-2016 at 04:45 AM.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #11

Does anyone have a link for the pilot and main jets that fit the mikuni vm26 clone? I am having a hard time finding the correct jets.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsire79 View Post
Sooo I was putting the clutch on a new set of handlebars and the electrical wire that connects to the clutch kinda exploded out of the clutch and all the little parts that were in it were lost in another dimension.... I was going to change the clutch lever to an aftermarket one anyway but the one I have doesn't have any setup for electric wires to connect to... I am guessing it has to be some sort of safety setup so that it won't start if the clutch isn't engaged. I don't really want to keep the wiring if I can help it so is there a way to bypass it?

they work one of 2 ways....
trace the wire to the conector or plugs... disconnect them see if it starts...
If not ... then put a jumper wire in to connect the 2 wires...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 09-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #13

Yeah I just connected the 2 wires and it is starting just fine like that so I think I will just secure the wiring and call it good.