Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #16

China rubber failure 8O

Where are Trojans manufactured?

Old 11-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #17

no body suggested removing and cleaning the carb ? could be something simple like dirt or flash in the carb bowl that gets sucked into the main jet and causes it.. then after sitting it falls out and goes to the bottem of the bowl.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #18

I brought it back to the dealer I bought it from and he will have his mechanic look at it in the morning. Ill let you all know what comes of it.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #19

Thanks. Keep us in the loop. The answer will help the next guy.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #20

sounds similar to how my X33 was behaving before we found that yellow creamy slime in the carb. bike would barely idle, and die when revved. then it would get to the point you would have to let it cool down before it would start again.

It ran better after we cleaned the carb but GIO eventually sent me a new carb and gas tank and now it runs perfect.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit121
sounds similar to how my X33 was behaving before we found that yellow creamy slime in the carb. bike would barely idle, and die when revved. then it would get to the point you would have to let it cool down before it would start again.

It ran better after we cleaned the carb but GIO eventually sent me a new carb and gas tank and now it runs perfect.
I can't remember if you said in your other thread, did you ever figure out what that slime was?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
I can't remember if you said in your other thread, did you ever figure out what that slime was?
Yellow creamy slime, hmmmmm, could be the inners of a boston cream from timmies?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #23

Mmmmm, Timmies.

Except, make mine a Maple Dip.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #24

odds are the yellow stuff was gas from when the company who actually made the bike, did the testing on it before shipping it out.. to make sure it starts up and what not. i say this cuz when i bought my quad used from a guy on cl the first thing i did was clean the carb and it had a dried crusty yellowish crap all over just the bottem of the bowl. 10 minutes with some carb cleaner and a old tooth brush took care of it.

sometimes these china bikes and china quads sit in a warehouse for god who knows could be a week to a year before they get sent out to the other people that sell them online and in stores

Old 11-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #25

I saw a video of a factory in China and they tested the motors out of the bike. It was a contraption that had it's own carb and exhaust. They just popped in the motor and the arms with the exhaust and carb would swing in and the motor would fire and it would be on to the next motor.
motor wasnt tested in the bike at all.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #26

no update yet folks other than the dealer has it. i am betting it is a kink in the tubes as they are crazilly long...we shall see soon.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
I saw a video of a factory in China and they tested the motors out of the bike. It was a contraption that had it's own carb and exhaust. They just popped in the motor and the arms with the exhaust and carb would swing in and the motor would fire and it would be on to the next motor.
still the motor was tested, one place might do it that way, another might hook up the carb and exhaust that are going to come with the motor

Old 11-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Got a link to that Cal?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-27-2010, 10:31 PM   #29

No we never did figure out what it was but it was not old left over fuel.. it was not oil based at all. it seperated and floated like water in fuel.

I'm pretty sure it was the filling from a boston cream donut.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit121
No we never did figure out what it was but it was not old left over fuel.. it was not oil based at all. it seperated and floated like water in fuel.

I'm pretty sure it was the filling from a boston cream donut.
Lol! Must have been . Well have to leave this one to unsolved mysteries... More than likely was some sort of mold release or something from the manufacturing process. Good that John sent replacement parts though, he's always been good to me as well, shipped the parts with no questions asked.

Cheers,
Stew