Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #1

New X33... Blue crap in tank and yellow crap in carb..lol

I just got a new X33 and got it together and it idled for a minute then stopped and got harder and harder to start... so we were checking everything out and noticed chunks in the fuel filter... and it was foamy and strange looking... drained fuel and it was BLUE! went in yellow lol.. so we put some more fresh gas in and still would not start.. pulled carb and took it apart and the bowl was full of yellow slime crap.. was not fuel. looked water based like foamy piss or something... strange.

so now I'm waiting for a new fuel filter before I try starting it again..

does anyone know if they put something in the tanks for shipping or something that is supposed to mix with the gas for break in???

Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #2

Re: New X33... Blue crap in tank and yellow crap in carb..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit121
I just got a new X33 and got it together and it idled for a minute then stopped and got harder and harder to start... so we were checking everything out and noticed chunks in the fuel filter... and it was foamy and strange looking... drained fuel and it was BLUE! went in yellow lol.. so we put some more fresh gas in and still would not start.. pulled carb and took it apart and the bowl was full of yellow slime crap.. was not fuel. looked water based like foamy piss or something... strange.

so now I'm waiting for a new fuel filter before I try starting it again..

does anyone know if they put something in the tanks for shipping or something that is supposed to mix with the gas for break in???
While it doesn't happen all the time I think it's common to have some remnants of manufacturing in the tank. Sounds like that's what you're hitting here.

A good line and carb clean out is probably in order. Since you drained the tank hopefully you got all the crud out.

You're right on board with what you should be doing with new filter etc.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:37 AM   #3

since the tank is empty, fill it with water and then drain it by having the water go through the petcock like it was fuel, and run a fuel line down to the ground..

it will completely flush the tank and petcock.. then get a can of brake or carb cleaner and clean the carb..

Old 10-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #4

yeah, we cleaned the carb with break cleaner already. Do you guys know the factory settings for a PZ27? there is a screw in the front of the bowl pointing down which I think is for air/fuel mixure, I screwed that in all the way then backed off 2 full turns and did the same for the idle screw.

hopefully this will be sufficient to get it going but if somebody knows exactly where I should start that would be great...

BTW, Gio said they would send me a new carb and tank if I need. I'm going to see what happens when I get a new fuel filter here in a bit first.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #5

Quote:
yeah, we cleaned the carb with break cleaner already. Do you guys know the factory settings for a PZ27? there is a screw in the front of the bowl pointing down which I think is for air/fuel mixure, I screwed that in all the way then backed off 2 full turns and did the same for the idle screw.
That sounds right to me. I'd expect it should fire up for you with those settings.

Nice to hear Gio offered to look after you.

Keep us updated!

Old 10-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #6

gio might send you a pz30 carb or maybe see if you could pay the difference in price between a mikuni pz30 carb and the stock carb..

and if you think about getting a free gas tank to either swap on now or just keep as a back up incase something happens.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
gio might send you a pz30 carb or maybe see if you could pay the difference in price between a mikuni pz30 carb and the stock carb..
PZ30 on the 140cc might be a bit big.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #8

Gio says the PZ30 won't work on the X33... only X31 and x35 and 200cc+ quads..?

Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Gio says the PZ30 won't work on the X33... only X31 and x35 and 200cc+ quads..?
That makes sense, i have the PZ30 upgrade GIO carb on my 200cc beast and 250cc X31, i would think it wouldn't even bolt up to the intake manifold on your X33.

Not sure if you have done this yet, but i hope that you have changed out the crap shipping oil that comes in the engine and replace it with some good quality motorcycle oil, also make sure you oil the air filter with the proper oil made for pleated cotton filters like what comes on your bike, i use the K&N stuff, also if you haven't changed out the spark plug with a true NGK then i would also suggest that, i used a NGK CR7HSA in my 125cc dirt bike, should be the same plug for the 140cc, Canadian tire has these, CT part # 018-3670-6

Old 10-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #10

yep, changed out the plugs first, the 140 had what looked to be a legit NGK C7HSA but I changed both bikes to CR7HSA anyway.. drained the few drops of shipping oil and used 10w40 wet cluth compatible atv oil in them.. I know the 140 called for 15w40se but I could not find it ANYWHERE.. and I read that the 10w40 in the 140cc should be ok in colder climates and it's pretty chillie here in NB right now so I should be ok.

haven't oiled the filter yet but it's not dusty right now anyway... I do have some K&N oil here somewhere though...

Old 10-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #11

Quote:
yep, changed out the plugs first, the 140 had what looked to be a legit NGK C7HSA but I changed both bikes to CR7HSA anyway.. drained the few drops of shipping oil and used 10w40 wet cluth compatible atv oil in them.. I know the 140 called for 15w40se but I could not find it ANYWHERE.. and I read that the 10w40 in the 140cc should be ok in colder climates and it's pretty chillie here in NB right now so I should be ok.

haven't oiled the filter yet but it's not dusty right now anyway... I do have some K&N oil here somewhere though...
Sounds like your all set, i too have been using the 10w/40 oil, i use the Castrol motorcycle stuff in my 50cc, 110cc, 200cc atv's and my 250cc X31, no problems yet.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #12

Seems to me Gio owes you a carb, although I doubt they could have known what the heck was in your tank.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #13

didnt know the x33 was a smaller bike then the x31. my bad thought it was a 250cc...

Old 10-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #14

yeah it's just a little fella... and they ARE sending me the carb, and a tank.. looks like they are shipping an X31 tank.. hmmm....

here's a pic.. I'm super impressed with the quality and feel of the bike.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #15

Great looking machine.

Another A+ for Gio's service.