Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #1

second time out with the 250's

A long awaited second ride with the Viva 250's took place yesterday at the Croom ORV park here in FL. The riding itself was trouble free - no break downs or failed parts. Front fender screws loosened up and there seems to be some play in the steering head. Before leaving I had to replace the battery on my bike - didnt want to hold a charge for very long. My sons bikes battery is fine. Still have to do the air filter mod/rejet. New handle bars are in the future too - sons are kinda bent from the "learning curve" of riding. Also had to replace all the fuel lines on both bikes - they were cracking. Minor stuff so far. Still happy with the purchase.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #2

Those look great .Did you have all the power you needed?Just curiouse,what are the sprocket sizes on those?

Old 04-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #3

Those bikes are freakin sick, i've probably asked everyone with these bikes and may have asked you already...how do you like the suspension? I've been thinking of picking up one of these bikes, need to know if it can at least handle just a single jump, not doubles or triples

Old 04-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #4

The ride

Power - I weigh 240 lbs and it pulls me just fine. Seems to have plenty to spare. Lots of Low end torque. The front forks need some work - they dont rebound fully. For woods/trail riding it hasnt been a problem though. As for jumps I'm not the one to ask that since I dont do that often. The ground clearence is a plus trail riding though.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #5

Re: The ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokarev
As for jumps I'm not the one to ask that since I dont do that often.
Chinese bikes shouldn't be jumped.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #6

Culcune

Culcune ,
"China Bikes shouldn't be jumped " you wrote ......
Right Oh on that one, at least not jumped like your on a Yamaha .
Mine jumps fine, same bike, but I don't do doubles or tripples and only small singles and not high ones . These bikes aren't KTM's but the Viva's are some of the best built China stuff available .
"China bikes shouldn't be jumped " you worte ... But what if they are stacked 8 high and 12 long ?? !!!

The damping problem is curable with better fork oil and more oil than they put in them on mine . And maybe you might want to adjust them Tokarev , they adjust nicely on mine with the clickers on the fork tops . They sure look cool in Black !!!
I love my Green Weenie Viva too, they are kinda slick bikes, very good low-end for sure like you said . Makes for really nice Burm action powering out of corners into second gear . I could'nt be happier with the bike , it hauls a$$ for what is , especially with Mods . Plus they look SICK !!!!!! As nice or nicer looking than any bike on the Market, KTM or otherwise .

Cheerios , Kelly 5150 out

Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #7

fork mods

When riding in the woods second gear just about fits most situtations. Have to change the fork oil and add a spacer for sure. This time out I rode the bike alittle harder getting a better feel on the berm busting aspect - the 4 stroke thing is still new to me - but I like the low end lower rpm power.
Like the first time out we had people asking about the bikes - how well they worked, how much $ and even how they sound. Sure would like to see a even larger displacement bike say in the 400 - 500 cc range and air cooled for simplicity.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #8

Re: Culcune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly5150
"China bikes shouldn't be jumped " you worte ... But what if they are stacked 8 high and 12 long ?? !!!
Cheerios , Kelly 5150 out
I still say...don't jump a Chinese bike if you don't have to. I don't want to read on TT how crappy these bikes are from people doing inhumane (or at least things they shouldn't be doing) things with them.

Repeat after me...don't jump a Chinese bike!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #9

Culcune,

Culcune,
oh come on man, now your just being YOU !
I jump the Db all the time, it can handle some jumping , and CERTAINLY the Viva 250 can handle even more....Have you ever rode the Viva 250 ? That's what I thought !!!

I watched the World Championships of the basically X-Games the other night, you know, airiel jumps, lift off jumping, etc, etc .
Ricky Charmichal took a face full of brake lever on his high jump landing of 35 ft' tall, was very cool, didn't land it well, but the blood was cool. He is pretty awsome for a rider .
That being said, YOUR RIGHT ( you heard me admit that here first you guys , gals , Culcune is right ? ) you shouldn't perform those kinda astronomical feats on these China bikes, but some small jumps are just fine, even twenty footers with soft landings on the Viva are just fine . Don't be throwing my little SUNL 125 into this China thing compaired to the Viva Culcune, they aint in the same class whatsoever . The Viva 250 is a nice bike . Crappy carburetor and air SPONGE ( filter ) , but the rest of the bike is pretty stout, even compaired to Japanese bikes, especially the frames . They are massive with excellent welds , swingarms are the same . Please feel free if your in my neck of the woods to come test ride mine . I don't want you trying to break it of course, but I do want you to be real about the jumping opinion thing . Are you saying that my little Loncin shouldn't be jumped either ? Poo poo on that ! BS on that , and a big thumbs down on your opinion if that is the case .

I recommend not going to TT if you don't want to hear about abuse of these bikes and how crappy they are . There will always be stupid people doing stupid things to these bikes, but jumping them is ok in moderation on the right China bikes . I would never jump the SUNL more than 10 foot long by 5 ft. high, never. Anything more and it would break , especially with me on it . The Viva, well, it can handle allot more.

Cheers, put up your dukes man

Kelly5150 out

I am not trying to make a Silk Purse out of my Sows Ear ( the Viva compaired to a KTM ) here, but some jumping is just fine man .

Old 04-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #10

Tokarev

Tokarev ,
try the fork oil alone first, I didn't need anything but the good Yama-lube fork oil , and I jump this a bit . You may not need any spacers on the fork springs to accomplish what your trying to do, plus you'll never know if just oil wouldv'e worked if you put spacers in first and oil . I bet it will stiffen it up too much for Trails if you do, but let me know what it does, because I know your going to anyway .

Yeh, 400 or 500cc would be mighty awsome, especially in this exact frame . It could easilly soke up the horsepower . I hate it when people compair these bikes to a DB27 or something like it , they just aint in the same class whatsoever .

Without Mods .
[
[/IMG]
With Mods .

Now that's a freekin nice bike, and it aint no DB27 !
It jumps fine and is well made , buy one today while you still can .

Cheers, Kelly5150

PS .. you can't tell me this thing doesn't look as nice as any KawaSucki

Old 04-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #11

Allright, Kelly, I want to see some jumps from you--big air on 5Stars cheese jump

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 PM   #12

Yeah i'm not looking to throw hard jumps either, just nice smooth jumps, i know if i jump wrong and a bike breaks, that's my fault

lol a crazier notion would be to build a foam pit and use one of these bikes as a foam-pit-only-bike lol

i keep seeing videos of dudes busting huge backflips into foam pits on stock klx110s, wonder what it'd be like on a viva 250? lol

no but seriously i'm new to the jump game anyways, i just want a bike that can handle a rhythm section (singles) without many problems

btw i weigh 145 lbs., i think a viva would be alright for that for me, especially with some front end redo, as per kelly's suggestions

Old 04-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #13

oh yeah, that carmichael wreck was crazy! he just jumped right back up like it was no problem and was in the announcers booth later in the show

the one paramedic was super cute from the right angle, the one with the short hair...anyways, the double backflip was NUTZ!!! as well...

Old 04-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #14

Culcune

Culcune, I am afraid of cheese It scares me .

Kelly out

Old 04-15-2008, 08:36 PM   #15

Chigongjitsu

Chigongjitsu,

I can't get over how nice Tokerevs bikes look in black . Looks like Mad Maxx stuff ! :twisted: I like them, wish I had another .

You better be 6' tall to buy one of these, or were buying you a ladder to mount this beast Chigong They are pretty tall . It is a prefect step up from the Db's though once you have mastered and trashed one of those . Good upgrade for the novice or experienced rider really .

And you wouldn't want the bike landing on you, not even in a foam pit , unless you wrapped yourself in Bubble Wrap first 8O

Cheerios , Kelly