Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #61

Good thinking on the end mill and the tubes. Unlike a car, there is no reasonable way to vent from the top of the tank. I'm surprised there was enough plastic for the threads you cut.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Good thinking on the end mill and the tubes. Unlike a car, there is no reasonable way to vent from the top of the tank. I'm surprised there was enough plastic for the threads you cut.
Pipe thread was not my first thought . I was first thinking I need to find a O-ringed bulkhead connecter . I used a two part plastic epoxy as a thread sealer . Time will tell if it stands up.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #63

If it doesn't, I can recommend Permatex Cold Weld as an epoxy that will stand up to fuel.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #64

Running . I will need to learn how to display in the forum . My first ever YouTube vid .

Last edited by SpudRider; 07-13-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #65

I've been following this from the very beginning and wonder how it does while driving it any difference in power or fuel mileage

Old 07-13-2014, 09:56 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch8668 View Post
I've been following this from the very beginning and wonder how it does while driving it any difference in power or fuel mileage
First Startup today , time will tell . It had more power already with the advanced timing and the carb in place . A quick ride today ,maybe 1 mile . seems better also. I didn't want to get to far from home until I trust it . Also everything is not mounted , getting it running was todays goal .

Old 07-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #67

Wow! Congratulations.

P.S. Thanks for posting the video! I edited your previous post to embed the video.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-14-2014, 12:29 AM   #68

So cool! I appreciate the real time display; please tell us what units are displayed for TPS, O2 sensor, fuel trim and self learnt trim. I figured the O2 sensor would either be near 14.7 or one lambda, but apparently not. Also, is spark timing BTDC? If so, I'm surprised that it is only 5 at idle.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Wow! Congratulations.

P.S. Thanks for posting the video! I edited your previous post to embed the video.
Thank You Spud

Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #70

Quote:
So cool! I appreciate the real time display; please tell us what units are displayed for TPS, O2 sensor, fuel trim and self learnt trim. I figured the O2 sensor would either be near 14.7 or one lambda, but apparently not. Also, is spark timing BTDC? If so, I'm surprised that it is only 5 at idle.
This will be a matter of learning ranges . The only thing in real numbers will be timing ,provided my 50btdc is correct . I am hoping they can give me a cross reference chart to know the real numbers. from china (tps in the diagnose page is from 0-255, which is the sampled data, and normal idle position is 18-35 steady, and maximum must be over 200). The phone allows me to transmit live data to china for review, Tonight I will do that and get there comments.

Last edited by recracer; 07-14-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #71

Update

The last few days .I have spent about an hour each day tying to figure out why the engine refused to restart warm . Last evening I think I found the answer. On the throttle body there is an air bypass screw , i had not messed with at all . setup said if after the setup if the malfunction lamp continued to do a two flash pattern ,back it out a 1/4 turn until the controller is happy and it goes off. In my case it never complained that there was not enough idle air . Last night, i thought i will redo the setup and start with the screw all the way in . it was running at the time ,so in turning it in the engine exhaust tone changed for the better . i shut it off re did the setup .still it did not complain about to little air . but seemed to not start with a quick stable idle . i backed the screw a 1/2 turn , all seems very happy and restarts warm .. In a way i am happy to have some problems ,so i can understand it better . My thought here is , there is a programmed amount of fuel for hot starts , with to much bypass air, it was to lean to start. if anyone has other thought about it i be happy to hear them .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t body air screw.jpg (95.2 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by recracer; 07-17-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #72

Does the malfunction lamp function like a CEL? Where is the light?

I'm not quite sure how to process the function of the air bypass screw. It would help me if you could tell me what backing the screw out accomplishes; does it provide more bypass air or less?

My buddy (Atomic Wedgie on this forum) used to have a WR250F, and it had a lean-out lever for hot starts. That function tells me that your engine would need more bypass air for hot starts. Does the system have a temp probe?

Old 07-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #73

Quote:
Does the malfunction lamp function like a CEL? Where is the light?

I'm not quite sure how to process the function of the air bypass screw. It would help me if you could tell me what backing the screw out accomplishes; does it provide more bypass air or less?

My buddy (Atomic Wedgie on this forum) used to have a WR250F, and it had a lean-out lever for hot starts. That function tells me that your engine would need more bypass air for hot starts. Does the system have a temp probe?
Malfunction lamp CEL Different names for the same thing . This is like an older car ,In that it will flash trouble codes. Currently I have the light on the harness ,could be rigged anyplace you like. The Bypass screw turned out allows more air to get around the throttle blade . Yes the system uses 2 temp sensors 1 engine temp bolted to the top of the head and a ambient sensor I bolted to the frame for now . My thought on the reason for the improvement is likely over simplified . Initialization was done with the screw out about 3 full turns or more . the video shows large number for the fuel trims , in other words adding a lot of fuel to the base programming . After turning the screw in and doing the Initialization over again the trim numbers are lower and even negative at times . . so my simple though was , more air lean less air rich . whole picture view your thought of leaner hot start maybe more correct. I do not know the fuel map strategy , could be self hot start leaning based from temp sensors . By the way thanks for asking Weld. the more I am forced to look ,the more I'll know

Old 07-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #74

Thanks for putting up with my questions; I'm fascinated by this tech.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:46 PM   #75

Update

The last update stating . I think I found the hot start problem was to soon to say . After it had shown promise . Shortly after the post ,it still was not right . I started second guessing if my timing tab was good enough , so last weekend I rode it over to my shop . Had a look at the wave form on a lab scope . In the picture here you can see in the second cycle a noise spike that is not present in the first and I felt like that noise had to be an outside source or it would be there every cycle . It was a terrible ride home ,kept stalling with a real hard time to get it going again . Being a bit frustrated at this point ,I started thinking I should ditch the fuel injection . I decided to send the pictures to Mr Yang at FAI fuel injection for him to have a look And tell him the problems I was having . I told him this picture was taken at 1500rpm idle and shows a inconsistent noise on the line . I was happy to hear his reply . I was looking at this wave form as a whole near 5 volts ac voltage and the noise over 1 volt ac . He said the noise is not over 1 volt and not there every cycle ,but no need to worry about it . the controller will not be affected by it , he was only looking at the positive side of the wave form . 0volts and up . then he stated at 1500 rpm your signal is just over 2 volts ,with warm engine expansion if it is not over 1.5 volts Cranking speed, it may not be strong enough to start and run . Try to move the pickup closer to the flywheel . I had no idea these pickups are somewhat slotted to do this ,but I know now .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140726_115828.jpg (48.8 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by recracer; 08-01-2014 at 07:12 AM.