Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #31

Old 02-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #32

What is the vent hose dumping into? It looks like an airbox, but you have an open element air cleaner.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #33

It's a fake oil tank.

A few photos of my ride out to the ranch.

Front gate

If you look closely you can see part of this years crop of baby gators in our pond.

Old shed

Old cracker house

Herd waiting to be fed

Forgot to mention that I had the GPS with me today and the speedometer is optimistic by about 10% but the odometer is about right.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #34

What a beautiful place. I love the Spanish moss. Gators? 8O Not so much...

Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #35

Love the pics! What's a cracker house?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Love the pics! What's a cracker house?
http://virts.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~..._a_cracker.htm

http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/photos/a...ckr/crackr.htm

Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #37

Thanks for the links. I was hoping that there was more to it than just a negative connotation. It seems to identify a particular design style, much in the way we'd reference a Shaker house.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #38

Being called a Florida Cracker is not a negative to a Florida native like my wife or long time Florida resident like me.
That house at our ranch was built in the 1930 and was originally 14 by 20 feet. A indoor kitchen and bathroom was added in the late 1950's. It got into very bad shape until I completely rebuilt it and about doubled the size in the late 1990's.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #39

I was thinking of buying a few of these for all of my brothers and myself from scooterdepot. Did you're bike come with a actual title to register or just a MSO? I ask because I'm in NY and it is nearly impossible to register an off road vehicle with a MSO here without jumping through hoops for months, and even then it gets denied. I know all the sites say this bike is street legal but that doesn't mean a thing without a title in NY or a way to get one easily.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #40

It is suppose to come with a MSO just like any other vehicle. The MSO needs to say that the vehicle meets EPA and DOT requirements for on road use in the USA. Never heard of a new vehicle coming with a title, usually the dealer handles the paper work (for a fee) to get a title/tag for you so you never see the MSO or MCO or COO.

My three other crate vehicles came with a filled out MSO that I took to my county tag office along with a bill of sale and got a tag and title(in the mail) after paying sales tax and other fees.

That said, I am still waiting for my filled MSO and bill of sale from the place where I bought my bobber. Luckily I used Paypal and have a dispute opened with the vendor throught them and Paypal is withholding my payment to them. If I don't get the paper work soon so I can register the bobber then I going to cancel the payment and tell the vendor to come get their bike.

I had the same problem when I bought my Qlink XF200 and used Paypal to get the dealer to respond.

EDIT:
Scooterdepo has a very bad reputation according to some on this site. Turns out that the vendor I bought from is scooterdepo under an alias website. It appears that they have multiple alias web sites.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #41

DO NOT ORDER A DONG FANF DF250RTB BOBBER

WARNING

It might not be street legal in the USA.

My seller sent me a COO (MSO) and bill of sale for a different model Dong Fang and a different VIN.

I'm not about to use false documents to register my bike.

I'm giving them one more chance to straighten this mess out.

So don't order or if you have you might want to refuse delivery.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:08 PM   #42

Typical. An interesting product comes along, and there's a problem registering it.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #43

You would think there was some sort of redress or penalty if not outright banning against these companies that are known and persistent in what is close to fraud. I know the Internet is free for all but these guys ship in the USA, live in the USA probably and the money certainly goes through the USA. Well done for using Paypal and for Paypal backing you.

It is hopefully just a stupid glitch, the usual ignorance and non-caring attitude.

The same thing happens in Aus. Vince. Because they don't want to send the ownership papers with the crate it is a known symptom of chinabike buying, but I hope it works out well for you and soon. I would always distrust them when they don't just send it by next day priority mail with an apology as any decent business would! And surely the couriers are bonded and can carry the papers?

My tax invoice etc. took another few weeks to arrive and was wrongly completed when it did (must have been in a filing cabinet on the moon) but my local Tax Office was brilliant (never thought I would say that) they accepted an updated one faxed to them by the seller. Still looked dodgy but the counter clerk decided to be leniant as the frame numbers etc all checked out on her computer. The clerks here actually are well trained in inspection and she gave it a bloody good look over, pointed out an engine mount bolt missing (just told me to get one), showed me the paint ticks on torqued bolts, suggested I redo some wiring tabs and sent me on my way with a 'good luck and have fun'.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #44

Finally Got The Correct Paperwork For My Bobber

Good news for me. Received the correct MSO and bill of sale today and rushed over to the Tax Collector's Office and got her registered and tagged here in Florida.

Only took a month from when I ordered her to get the correct paperwork.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #45

Good news!