Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #16

That's an even nicer machine in your photos. Here's hoping that rigid frame doesn't cause you to urinate blood.

I'm looking forward to further reports on your new bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #17

So far so good but she needs another tooth on the front sprocket. Why do they gear all these bikes so low? I've added the tooth on all my bikes to get some use out of first gear and reduce the revs at cruise.
Fun to ride and getting a lot of positive comments on the bobber.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #18

Maybe they're geared below because of the dirt bike heritage. That said, we almost always drop a tooth or two in the front to bring it down to 12 for dirt only.

Looking forward to more pics.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #19

Bobber Pics

Yes More Pictures - we all like pictures, and of course your comments on this new bike. I have the cycleworld edition that they reviewed the Heist. Definately caught my attention, but not this year, maybe NEXT year. And of course theres The Kikker 5150 - which I almost bought instead of the Qlink - I belive the Kikker comes in like 3 or 4 boxes. Alot more assembly on those I think. I Didn't like the side shifter on those though. You probably have no issue with touching on your new bobber do ya? Whats the seat height like 24- 26inches? LOL Sweet looking bike - Keep the pics coming!

Andrew

Old 02-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #20

I pulled the cover off the front sprocket and it has a 13 tooth and does not look like there is room for a 14 so I might have to get a smaller rear sprocket to change the gearing.

Almost up to 100 miles on her after my 60 mile ride out to the ranch and back. Break in sticker on the motor says to keep her under 50 KMPH for 300KMs so not much more to go.

Put a magnetic drain plug in her yesterday.

The owner's manual says to run 40PSI from and rear. Seems like a lot to me.

First rigid rear for me and I am surprised how well it handles on the street.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #21

Sprocket for your Bobber

I'll have to go back and look at pics, but would there be room if you left the cover off? I know it probably, wouldn't look as pretty and takes some saftey factors away, but a common look on Bobbers anyway - Especially Some Nortons, and Triumps.....Going to look at some pic's. Just tell me if i'm crazy, but just throwing it out there. :roll:

Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #22

Andrew,
I'll take another look later today but am going for a ride with my scooter/bike group now.
I don't mind leaving the cover off but there is a wire there that appears to be a problem with a larger front sprocket.

I have the Cycle World mag with the article about the Heist. It's very similar to my bobber but a little more dressed up for an extra $1000. Same engine as mine and it appears to have a smaller rear sprocket.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #23

Tried some drag bars today and they seemed nice.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #24

new bARS

Thats exactly the way i had my bobber setup - drag bars - I even put them on my honda rebel. Gives a whole new look don't they? I like'm! 8)

Old 02-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #25

Need more pics Barnone. Can we get a side view? From what I see, they look great. 8)

Old 02-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #26

DF came almost empty of oil and the owner's manual said to drain and fill with10w40 motorcycle oil so that is what I did at uncrating. I also installed a magnetic drain plug (MDP) at that time.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=mag...+ructus&_rdc=1
Today I passed 180 miles on the bike and a sticker on the engine said to change the oil and clean the strainer (300KMs) so I just did the task a few minutes ago.

I found what I usually find on the MDP at first oil change. It's real fine metal particles. Happens on almost all my vehicles.

Whether it is worth fooling with is debatable but for $15 or so ....
Usually the amount is much less at time goes on.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Need more pics Barnone. Can we get a side view? From what I see, they look great. 8)

Not a very photo but the best I have at this time. That's my wife in the background painting our cottage on Sanibel Island. I rode out to give her advice. lol She is the painter, I am the carpenter and plumber.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:25 AM   #28

That's a nice machine. Those drag bars are an excellent choice.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #29

looking good but hat helmet sort of spoils it mate? I expected a dome with a skull painted on it and goggles!

Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #30

Gotta protect my pretty face from a face plant.